Voted as one of the top Greatest mansions in the world by the Lonely Planet in 2011, Cheong Fatt Tze - The Blue Mansion was commissioned by Cheong Fatt Tze, a local merchant trader who left China as a penniless teenager and ended up as 'the Rockefeller of the East' in the 1880s. The mansion blends Eastern and Western designs, with louvred windows, art nouveau stained glass and beautiful floor tiles, and is a rare surviving example of the eclectic architectural style preferred by wealthy Straits Chinese of the time.
The Blue Mansion is centrally located, at 4km from the Gurney Drive seafront promenade, 9km from Kek Lok Si Buddhist temple and just a 5-minute walk to China Town and other significant heritage spots in Penang.
Property Name: Cheong Fatt Tze - The Blue Mansion
Address 1: 14, Leith Street
City : George Town - Pulau Pinang
Postal Code : 10200
Contact Name: Daniel Selvantharan
Phone: +604 262 0006
- Baggage storage
- Concierge desk
- Fax services
- Gift shop
- Laundry service
- Room service
- Swimming pool
- Valet service
- Welcome Drink
- 24 hour reception
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Dry-Cleaning service
- Free Guided Tour
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 2:00 PM
Check-Out: 12:00 PM
Late Check-Out Hour: 6:00 PM
Late Check-out Fees: RM 200.00
Late check out (after 12:00 PM and before 6:00 PM) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
You may cancel your booking up to a minimum of 8 days before your check in date. Please do so by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once accepted, you should receive a validation of your cancellation from the hotel.
Kindly note there will be no reimbursements for any no shows, shortened stays or early departures after check-in. Full payment will apply according to the dates for which your reservation was made. The hotel is not responsible for scheduled flight or ferry cancellations. In such and event no show charges shall apply.
Changes to Reservation:
Any request to change a reservation must be made in writing to email@example.com at least 7 days prior to your arrival date. The hotel shall endeavor to accommodate your requests however this will be subject to the availability of the room type requested.
Terms and Conditions
- Payment:Full payment will be charged to the provided credit card by the hotel 7 days prior to your arrival. Debit Cards will not be accepted for online bookings. The credit card provided during the booking process must be presented for verification upon check-in. The full amount will be charged separately if the card is not presented for verification.
- Tourism Tax: Effective 1st September 2017, a flat rate of and RM10 Tourism Tax for non-Malaysian tourists per room per night was announced by The Ministry of Finance and The Royal Malaysian Customs Department. This Tourism Tax will only be charged to the room after we confirm the guest's nationality upon arrival.
- Rates quoted on the website are inclusive of local government Tax but do not include the Tourism Tax mentioned above
- Maximum guests per room: 2 adult guests for all room categories except Tang and Han room categories. 3 or more adult guests will be required to book more than one room or a Tang or Han category of room
- Extra Bed Charges: For adults: RM110 per day, inclusive of breakfast
- Child Policy (6-12 years old): A children’s breakfast is chargeable at RM30 nett per child per breakfast.
- Infant and Toddler Policy (Below 6): No charges apply
- Check-in deposit: The hotel requires a deposit of RM200 per room per night on check-in. If the amount spent does not exceed the deposit held, the hotel shall return the remainder upon check-out. Deposits can be paid by cash or any major credit cards. Debit cards and travelers cheques are NOT accepted.
- Free Airport Pickup : For bookings that have a free airport pickup included, a sedan car that can sit a maximum of 3 persons with 2 large bags/suitcases will be provided. If you require a larger vehicle, there will be a surcharge.
- Check In and Check Out: Check out time is before 12 noon. Check in time is after 2 pm. Check in requests prior to 2 pm shall be subject to availability on the day of arrival. Any late check out requests for check out after 12 noon will again be subject to availability
- Smoking Policy: Smoking is strictly prohibited in all rooms. Due to the danger and risk of fire, smoking is not permitted on balconies or terraces of units on the first floor. Should a guest be found smoking in a room, a cleaning fee of RM 500 shall be debited to the guests account in order to cover the necessary cleaning costs
- Visitor Policy: In order to respect the privacy of all the guests at Cheong Fatt Tze- The Blue Mansion, kindly be advised that the use of the guest rooms and pool area is for the sole use of the guests only. Visitors shall unfortunately not be permitted to make use of these facilities. For any guests who have visitors we kindly request that the management is provided with the vehicle registration plate numbers in order to inform security accordingly in order to avoid any inconvenience.
- Limits of Responsibility: The hotel shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal equipment and/or property during the guests stay at the property and during guests participation in any activities during visit to Penang. Likewise ,the hotel shall not be responsible for any delay, additional expense or inconvenience which may be caused directly or indirectly by events outside of our control such as late arrival of International flights, civil disturbances, fire, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government, or the failure of any machinery or equipment. Travel Insurance For peace of mind it is strongly recommended.
- Further disclaimer: Cheong Fatt Tze- The Blue Mansion is located in a “Living City” in the heart of George Town, where people operate local businesses and live their daily lives which may cause sounds common to a “living city”. Activities that are being organized and held within their vicinity or main road at any hour will be beyond the control.