Old World Charm. Modern Comforts.
These majestic boutique hotel rooms are tucked within the tranquil tropical courtyards of The Blue Mansion. Each of the 18 personalised boutique rooms are uniquely adorned and intricately furnished in 4 categories– the Liang collection, The Ming Collection (with direct pool access), the Tang suites, and the Han suites.Take a step back into Penang’s glorious history in our exclusive rooms furnished with precious heirlooms, invigorating jacuzzis (selected rooms) and authentic furniture of the 19th century. Here, indulge in the magnificence of Penang’s celebrated heritage while making yourself right at home
Voted as one of the top Greatest mansions in the world by the Lonely Planet in 2011, Cheong Fatt Tze - The Blue Mansion was commissioned by Cheong Fatt Tze, a local merchant trader who left China as a penniless teenager and ended up as 'the Rockefeller of the East' in the 1880s. The mansion blends Eastern and Western designs, with louvred windows, art nouveau stained glass and beautiful floor tiles, and is a rare surviving example of the eclectic architectural style preferred by wealthy Straits Chinese of the time.
The Blue Mansion is centrally located, at 4km from the Gurney Drive seafront promenade, 9km from Kek Lok Si Buddhist temple and just a 5-minute walk to China Town and other significant heritage spots in Penang.
- Baggage storage
- Concierge desk
- Fax services
- Gift shop
- Laundry service
- Room service
- Swimming pool
- Valet service
- Welcome Drink
- 24 hour reception
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Dry-Cleaning service
- Free Guided Tour
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Late Check-Out Hour:
Late Check-out Fees: RM 200.00
Late check out (after 12:00 PM and before 6:00 PM) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
We understand the concerns and restrictions in the current climate, thus we would like to offer flexible options for guests booking between now and 30th April 2020.
- You may change or postpone your booking up to 12 months from your booked date at no additional charge.
- Changes must be made in writing to email@example.com at least 24 hours prior to your arrival date.
- The hotel shall endeavor to accommodate your requests, however, this will be subject to the availability of the room type requested.
- Cancellations may be made up to 24 hours before the scheduled arrival date, at no charge.
- Cancellations can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once accepted, you should receive a validation of your cancellation from the hotel.
- Kindly note there will be no reimbursements for any no shows, shortened stays or early departures after check-in. Full payment will apply according to the dates for which your reservation was made.
- In the event of a ‘no show’, charges still apply.
Terms and Conditions
Arrival & Payment:
- For bookings that have free airport pickup included, a sedan car that can seat a maximum of 3 persons with 2 large bags/suitcases will be provided. A larger vehicle can be arranged at additional cost. Do email email@example.com should you require this.
- Check-in time is after 2pm and check-out time is 12 noon. Early check-in and late check- out requests shall be subject to availability on the day of arrival.
- Full payment will be charged to the provided credit card by the hotel 7 days prior to your arrival.
- Debit Cards are not accepted for online bookings.
- The credit card provided during the booking process must be presented for verification upon check-in. The full amount will be charged separately if the card is not presented for verification.
- A deposit of RM200 per room, per night is required on check-in. If the amount spent does not exceed the deposit held, the hotel shall return the remainder upon check-out. Deposits can be paid by cash or any major credit cards. Debit cards and travelers cheques are NOT accepted.
- Effective 1st September 2017, a Tourism Tax of RM10 will apply for non-Malaysian guests per room, per night, this is a government mandate. This Tourism Tax will only be charged to the room after we confirm the guest's nationality upon arrival.
- Rates quoted on the website are inclusive of local government tax but do not include the Tourism Tax mentioned above.
While in Residence:
- A maximum of 2 adult guests are allowed in Liang and Ming category rooms.
- A maximum of 3 adult guests are allowed in Tang and Han category rooms.
- Room rates are quoted based on 2 adults, and charges apply for extra beds
- Extra Bed: RM110 per day for those aged 12 and above (inclusive breakfast), no charge for children 11-6 years of age.
- For children aged 6-11, breakfast is chargeable at RM30 nett per child. No charges apply for kids below 6 years old.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in all rooms. Due to the danger and risk of fire, smoking is not permitted on balconies or terraces of units on the first floor. Should a guest be found smoking in a room, a cleaning fee of RM 500 shall be debited to the guests account in order to cover the necessary cleaning costs,
- In order to respect the privacy of all the guests at Cheong Fatt Tze- The Blue Mansion, kindly be advised that the guest rooms and pool area is for registered in-house guests only. Visitors shall unfortunately not be permitted to make use of these facilities.
- For any guests who have visitors, we kindly request that the management is provided with the vehicle registration plate numbers in order to inform security accordingly and avoid inconvenience.
Limits of Responsibility: The hotel shall not be held responsible for:
- Any loss or damage to personal equipment and/or property during the guests stay and during participation in any activities while in Penang.
- Any delay, additional expense or inconvenience which may be caused directly or indirectly by events outside of our control such as late arrival of international flights, civil disturbances, fire, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government, or the failure of any machinery or equipment.
Further disclaimer: Cheong Fatt Tze- The Blue Mansion is located in the heart of George Town, where people operate local businesses and live their daily lives. Sights and sounds common to a “living city” will be encountered. Please note that activities organized and held within our vicinity are beyond our control.