Experience “Up West” – North Cape Coastal Drive Region
Kildare Lodge is a newly expanded experiential tourism location for single travelers, couples, and large groups. The Lodge offers hostel style accommodation on the shores of Cascumpec Bay directly on the route of the Island Walk. Enjoy a paddle on one of our rented kayaks or stand-up paddle boards to the scenic Cascumpec Sandhills system. Rent a bicycle to tour local heritage roads and access the Confederation Trail. Kildare Lodge is a hub for guests to explore red sandy beaches, cliffs, watersheds, and trails. This is the place for adventurous travelers to stay while exploring the North Cape Coastal Drive.
When staying at Kildare Lodge you will feel secluded and “away from it all” while being within minutes of the communities of Alberton and Northport. These communities offer a variety of cultural experiences, local history, restaurants, take-outs, groceries, gas, and other amenities. Stop on your way to pick up fresh lobsters, oysters, or mussels to cook yourself at the Lodge – or dine out at Northport Pier Restaurant. Let our staff help you plan your “Up West” vacation at Kildare Lodge in the beautiful North Cape Coastal Drive Touring Region.
Discover the Location
Kildare Lodge is a newly expanded hostel accommodation suitable for individual travelers, small groups, and hosting large events. The facility boasts two large bunking rooms:
- Room 1 is a private room and contains 8 twin beds in a bunk configuration. There is an ensuite wheelchair accessible washroom with shower, sinks, and toilet. The room opens directly into the shared kitchen space.
- Room 2 is a private room. It contains 8 twin beds in a bunk configuration. There is a common washroom directly to the room with stalled shower, toilet, and sink facilities. The room opens directly to the shared kitchen space.
- Room 3 is a private room with a double bed. Single user, common washrooms are located adjacent to the room with wheelchair accessible toilet, sink, and shower.
- The shared kitchen has extensive cupboards,
triple sink, two fridges, six burner stove, microwave, and seating for 20+ people.
- All guests are provided with a linen package upon arrival including sheet sets, pillow, blankets, and towels. Additional linens can be retrieved from the front desk.
- Kildare Lodge is also available for a
“full-house” rental where one group is able to rent the entire facility for
private gatherings. Subject to availability – book today to confirm your spot!
- Wireless internet and presentation TV is available.
- Guests are welcome to use the onsite fire pit in accordance with fire ban regulations.
Kildare Lodge is pleased to provide kayak, stand-up paddle boards, and bikes for rent. See out main rental page to learn more about these exciting options.
Property Name: Kildare Lodge
Street Address: 82 Stolen Road
City : Alberton - Prince Edward Island
Postal Code : C0B1B0
Contact Name: Kim DesRoches
Phone: (902) 206-4920
- Laundry service
- Water sports (non-motorized)
- Water sports equipment rental
- Bike Rental
- Kayak Rental
- Stand Up Paddle Board Rental
- Shared Kitchen Facilities
- Fire Pit
- Outdoor Seating
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
· If the guest cancels more than 30days in advance, the total amount of the reservation will be refunded.
· If the guest cancels less than 30days in advance but more than 7, 50% of deposit is non-refundable.
· If the guest cancels less than 7 daysin advance the full deposit becomes non-refundable.
· If the guest arrives and decides toleave early, the nights not spent 24 hours after the cancellation occurs are50% refunded.
· In case of a “no-show”, the totalprice of the reservation’s first night will be charged and is non-refundable.
· There is only one way in which we canacknowledge cancellation of the guest’s reservation; the guest MUST send acancellation request stating the reservation number via email to the followingaddress: email@example.com
· All cancellations are confirmed viaemail immediately after the reservation has been cancelled.
Terms and Conditions
Kildare Lodge Terms and Conditions
All reservations are guaranteed once Kildare Lodge receives your confirmation deposit. Kildare Lodge reserves the right to cancel your reservation if it does not receive your confirmation deposit at booking. Kildare Lodge will send you a cancellation confirmation via email after cancelling your booking.
Reservations are guaranteed until 6:00 PM on date of arrival. If no contact can be made with the travelling party Kildare Lodge reserves the option to charge a “no show” fee based on the “no show” policy.
Guests must be at least 19 years old to make a reservation at Kildare Lodge. All requests to reserve a room must be made in the first and last name of the adults occupying the room and a valid credit card for a guarantee of arrival. A valid photo ID is required upon check-in.
Kildare Lodge reserves the right to modify its room rates at any time. Kildare Lodge will not modify room rates for existing reservations.
All room rates are subject to 15% HST.
Kildare Lodgeoperates with two deposits: Confirmation Deposit and Damage Deposit.
Aconfirmation deposit is taken at time of booking and is equal to 50% of thebooking value. This amount will be applied to the guest’s reservation atcheck-in.
A damagedeposit of $300 will be pre-authorized at check-in and released upon check-outonce it is confirmed that no damages have occurred.
No Show Policy
Guests that do not arrive before check-in deadline are expected to contact Kildare Lodge to update staff as to their arrival time and arrange for a contactless check in. Guests that do not arrive by the end of the check-in period and do not make alternate arrangements will have their reservation cancelled. Guests will also be charged the value of the first night of their reservation.
Kildare Lodge operates its check-in period from 3:00 to 6:00 PM daily. Check-ins not in this period may be arranged through prior communication with facility management. Check-in is completed through the facility’s reception desk on site at 82 Stolen Rd.
The balance of the full rental amount is payable on arrival at check-in time. Please note that check-in cannot be completed until full payment and security deposit for the reservation has been received and approved.
A room key is provided at check-in time after the full rental amount has been settled. The cost of any keys needing replacement will be taken from the deposit.
During the check-in process, our receptionist will provide you with any information which may be required during your stay and includes an overview of house rules and practices, how to set up your room, and information about on-site amenities. Our staff will also be happy to answer any questions you may have such as the location of near-by shops, good places where you can eat, sights you may like to see, places to go at night, etc. Always ask our receptionist for anything that would make your stay more enjoyable and convenient.
Check-out period is from 8:00-11:00 AM daily. Check-outs not in this period may be arranged through prior communication with facility management.
At check-out time please drop keys into the check out box on in the reception area.
Please note that a more detailed inspection of the room is usually made after the check-out time and we reserve the right to make charges for any damages or breakages found before the room/apartment is occupied again.
The damage deposit should be released by your credit card issuing bank automatically in 3 workdays, but sometimes only in a 15-21 day period. The security deposit/pre-authorization is not held by Kildare Lodge and we do not charge your credit card.
Please be aware that bed linen and towels should be placed where they were originally found. The bed linen and towels are not gifts and should remain within the facility.
Minimum Length of Stay
Reservations taking place on a weekend (Friday, Saturday nights) are minimum two night stays. Manager discretion permitted.
Kildare Lodge is fully staffed between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM. The facility offers remote and on-call assistance to guests after hours.
Please carefully read our cancellation policy. Rarely can staff make any exceptions to this. Our receptionists are instructed to follow this policy and rules. To save any misunderstanding we would be grateful if you can observe the following:
- If the guest cancels more than 30days in advance, the total amount of the reservation will be refunded.
- If the guest cancels less than 30days in advance but more than 7, 50% of deposit is non-refundable.
- If the guest cancels less than 7 days in advance the full deposit becomes non-refundable.
- If the guest arrives and decides to leave early, the nights not spent 24 hours after the cancellation occurs are50% refunded.
- In case of a “no-show”, the total price of the reservation’s first night will be charged and is non-refundable.
- There is only one way in which we can acknowledge cancellation of the guest’s reservation; the guest MUST send a cancellation request stating the reservation number via email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All cancellations are confirmed via email immediately after the reservation has been cancelled.
Pets are permitted at the discretion of the general manager on a first come, first served manner.
A pet fee of $25 will be applied to all reservations with an approved pet.
Please ensure that pets are well mannered and safe to be around members of the public. Pet waste is to be properly disposed of and not kept within the facility for an extended period of time as not to create an odour.
Kildare Lodge acts in accordance with the PEI Smoke Free Places Act. For the purpose of this policy the term “smoking” includes the ignition of tobacco or cannabis products as well as electronic smoking using vapours regardless of the content of the vaporized liquid.
Smoking is not permitted within 15 feet of a building on the premise, firepit, or dock. No smoking is permitted within the facility. Guests who smoke within the facility will be charged a $250 cleaning fee plus the cost of any damaged furniture or other items.
For guests who do smoke in designated smoking areas we ask that you please dispose of smoking materials in a safe and responsible manner.
Kildare Lodge does not permit the use of illegal drugs in its facility. This is a shared space and we ask that all guests treat one another, and the property, with respect.
Kildare Lodge operates in accordance with the PEI Liquor Control Act. The consumption of alcohol is permitted subject to the conditions outlined below.
- For individual room rentals:
- The consumption of alcohol is permitted within the room with the door closed. Alcohol is not to be stored or consumed in the common areas of the property as these are considered to be “public spaces”.
For full house rentals:
- The consumption of alcohol is permitted within individual rooms with the door closed at all times. Alcohol can be consumed in the common areas of the facility and outdoors when staff are not present. This is normally outside of fully staffed hours or when the facility is fully rented for a private event. Common refrigerator is included in these time regulations.
- No beverage containers should be left in common areas during staffed hours.
Kildare Lodge reserves the right to immediately terminate the rental agreement in the following situations:
- More guests stay in the property than agreed.
- Excessive noise is made in the evening hours or at night that disturbs the enjoyment of the facility by other guests.
- Sub-letting the property you have rented (or giving it to other people). The number of people residing in the apartment should be the same as confirmed in the booking. Accommodation for additional guests may be requested.
- We reserve the right to cancel any reservation, without refund, if an unconfirmed number of people stay overnight in the facility.
- Kildare Lodge is not responsible for lost or forgotten personal things on the premises.
During your stay, the facility and all equipment and furniture should be treated with care and kept in order. Immediate notification to Kildare Lodge staff will be expected of any damages or breakages in the facility.
The guest is financially responsible for any damage to the facility. This includes losses caused by the guest or third-party negligent actions and behavior. A summary check will be made of the facility at check-out time. However, a more detailed review of the condition of the apartment and all equipment and facilities will be made soon after check-out and before another guest occupies the apartment. The Tenant is responsible for any damages or breakages found that are over and above normal wear and tear and usage. In this case, a detailed statement of damage along with an invoice for the repair or replacement cost will be sent by email immediately. Any costs will be deducted from the deposit immediately if this is still possible.
Any costs will be claimed by return if they are greater than the deposit or where the deposit has already been returned. Please note, immediate notification after check-out of any damages to, breakages in or issues with the facility is expected.
Kildare Lodge can then take any necessary action to resolve any issues and make sure all the equipment and facilities are working and provided as expected.
Damage deposit is fully refundable upon check-out and subject to damage inspection of the accommodation. The deposit must be paid upon check-in, in cash or by credit card, along with a balance and is fully refunded at the check-out if the room is in good order and the company does not have any claims. The costs of damages or cleaning beyond what would be expected after responsible usage of the apartment will be deducted from the deposit, and the refunded amount will be the remainder of the damage deposit.
Standard Booking Price
The standard booking price includes the following:
- Room rental
- Access to common kitchen, dining, and reception/lounge
- Towels and bed linen, toilet paper, paper towel
- Cleaning before and after your stay. Room touch-ups every third day.
- Sales tax (15% HST)
- Pantry food items
- Breakfast, unless included in a package
- Bike rentals
- Kayak rentals
Extending Your Stay
After you have booked your stay with us, you can extend your stay subject to availability by simply letting us know before you arrive.
If you are already staying with us and you would like to stay longer, please let us know at least 24 hours before your check- out date. We will do our best to accommodate your new plans and this can include relocating you to a different room type should this be necessary.
Children and youth under age 19 are welcome to stay at Kildare Lodge provided they are staying with an eligible guest. A reminder that several areas a shared in common with other guests. Kildare Lodge does not offer additional cots or playpens. Occupancy within the rooms is based on the number of people and not on age.
The following quiet hours will be observed at Kildare Lodge:
Single Room Rentals
Quiet hours will be determined and enforced by the person in who’s name the reservation is held.
Kildare Lodge offers a kitchen containing stove with cooktop, three sinks, refrigerator, and microwave. This is for the use of guests. Kildare Lodge does not prepare food for guests other than pre-packaged take-away breakfast.
When using the kitchen, please be courteous to other guests and keep surfaces clean, tidy, and sanitized. Please practice safe cooking habits and do not leave burners unattended. Please do not cook with strong smelling ingredients. Lingering smells that require a deep clean or room closure will be charged a $100cleaning fee.
It is best practice to confirm with other guests using the facility of any allergies that could be triggered through the preparation of food. This is especially common with seafood and nuts.
Parking is free and available on-site at Kildare Lodge. Parking is for personal cars, trucks, and SUVs. Please call for more information regarding parking of travel trailers, campers, or other recreational vehicles.
No firearms are permitted on the Kildare Lodge premise. Guests who do not abide by this policy will be asked to cancel their reservation without refund.
As part of our commitment to guest safety, employees will not disclose the identity, room number or presence of a guest to anyone other than appropriate law enforcement. This includes the taking of or delivery of messages or indirect forwarding of phone calls. It is the responsibility of guests to communicate their presence and room number to any person they wish to receive calls or visits from.
Safety cameras are used throughout the premises, and anyone on our property may be recorded. The hotel assumes no responsibility for any personal bodily injury incurred while using the barbeque, campfire pit, kayak rental, or bike rental facilities. If you walk through the woods, you do so at your own risk.
If a staff person is not physically on-site a contact number will be posted in the reception area.
Kildare Lodge is not permitted to prepare food for guest. However, staff are permitted to provide guests with the materials to make their own breakfast. This includes providing pre-packaged meals.
Kildare Lodge offers kayak rentals to guests and members of the general public. Rentals must be pre-booked with facilities staff. The cost of rentals is not included in room rates unless part of an accommodation package. Guests must follow all posted rules while renting their equipment. Please refer to kayak rental agreement for specific details.
Kildare Lodge offers bike rentals to guests and members of the general public. Rentals must be pre-booked with facilities staff. The cost of rentals is not included in room rates unless part of an accommodation package. Guests must follow all posted rules while renting their equipment. Please refer to bike rental agreement for specific details.
Kildare Lodge abides by all relevant legislation and regulations applicable to tourism accommodation and rental establishments in the Province of Prince Edward Island. This includes but not limited to:
- Tourism Industry Act and Regulations
- Innkeepers Act and Regulations
- Liquor Control Act and Regulations
- Smoke Free Places Act and Regulations
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
Kildare Lodge reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
In response to the present COVID-19 pandemic Kildare Lodge has enacted the following policies.
Increased Cleaning and Contactless Operations
Kildare Lodge staff has adopted an increased cleaning schedule with appropriate cleaning solutions to combat transmission of COVID-19.Staff are required to maintain appropriate physical distancing and wear a mask as mandated through the PEI Chief Public Health Office. Staff will encourage contactless interactions with guests where appropriate and risk level is assessed by staff.
Modified Cancellation Policy
Kildare Lodge reserves the right to cancel reservations immediately in the event that the facility has offered a reservation that no longer complies with public health orders. For example, two unrelated parties sharing a common area.
Guests who choose to cancel their reservation due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic will have their reservation rescheduled or refunded at no charge at the discretion of the general manager in an effort to keep all guests safe. Examples of situations where this may apply include but are not limited to:
- Changes to social distancing requirements for common spaces
- Changes to isolation requirements of guests
- Lack of staff due to isolation requirements
- Indication that other guests have tested positive for COVID-19
- Indication that a member of the reservation’s party has tested positive for COVID-19
- Any guests exhibiting symptoms ofCOVID-19
- Actions take to follow public health orders
- Contravention of public health orders(i.e. refusal to wear a mask in common spaces)In any event Kildare Lodge staff will work with guests to determine a course of action that keeps health, safety, and security top of mind for everyone.
Kildare Lodge requires guests to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Kildare Lodge only permits guests to use the facility to fulfill isolation requirements if they have rented the complete facility and/or made arrangements with facility staff for this purpose.
Where guests have rented the full facility and plan on hosting gatherings or group events Kildare Lodge requires guests to prepare and submit and operational plan to the Office of the Chief Public Health Officer for approval. Guests must follow their operational plans. Kildare Lodge is not responsible for enforcing the operational plans led by guests.
Changes to COVID-19 Policy
Kildare Lodge reserves the right to change its COVID-19 policies based on available public health guidance at the time of the change.