The Mosquito Boutique Hotel is set in one of the most beautiful natural settings on the Samana Peninsula, the world famous Playa Bonita. Breathe in, relax, feel good. Enjoy the peace and quiet that can elude you elsewhere barefoot and carefree. Perfect for value- minded guests seeking a casual and tropical, relaxed ambiance steps away from the beach. Charming French Colonial Architecture , beach view rooms, so you can wake up and take a few steps to jump in the water. Dine in our open air beach view terrace restaurant featuring fresh fusion dishes, or sip one of our signature Mojitos or cocktails at our beachfront bar Acaya. Allow our front desk to help with arrival or on-site needs, such as information on transportation, private yoga classes, surfing lessons, massages. We can also assist with local excursions with our in-house tour guide, paddle boarding tours and rentals. Wi-Fi - Air Conditioning, Safe Box, Ceiling Fan, hair dryer, Whatsapp concierge service.
Property Name: El Mosquito Boutique Hotel
Address 1: Calle Jose Antonio Martinez
Address 2 : Playa Bonita
City : Las Terrenas
Postal Code : 92103
Contact Name: Carola Staley
Phone: 1 (809) 966-1130
- Baggage storage
- Concierge desk
- Foreign currency exchange
- Laundry service
- Room service
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
- Valet service
- Massage Services (Scheduling required)
- Free Continental Breakfast
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 12:00 PM
Late Check-Out Hour: 1:00 PM
Late Check-out Fees: 0%
Late check out (after 12:00 PM and before 1:00 PM) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
All reservations must beguaranteed for the first night arrival with a major credit card and expirationdate. All cancellations must be received 48 Hours PRIOR to scheduled arrival. The hotelwill not hold any reservation unless secured by the above methods.The first night’s room andtax will be charged to the guest’s credit card at time of booking. Reductionsin the length of stay are subject to the full value of the reservation(including taxes). Latecancellation and no shows are subject to a penalty of the first night’s roomand tax deposit. You agree that this penalty will be charged to the credit cardused to make the reservation. Reservationsmade through a third-party website or travel agent must be cancelled throughthat third-party website or travel agent. This policy will allow hotel time tooffer these unsold rooms to guests seeking last-minute accommodations.
Terms and Conditions
Mosquito Boutique Hotel Policies & Procedures
CHECK-IN POLICY Check-in time is any time after 3 PM hotel time.We are happy to accommodate early arrivals; subject to availability at check-in. Certain room type requests may not be available prior to 3PM hotel time. If you arrive earlier, we will be pleased to store your luggage until your room is ready.Guests will be required to present a valid credit/debit card upon check-in. Please note that for security purpose you will be asked to provide a valid photo/form of identification. The Mosquito Boutique Hotel will make every effort to honor special requests (such as a specific floor or room number, roll-away beds,crib, etc.) upon your arrival. However, the availability of these items cannot be guaranteed in advance.
CHECK-OUT POLICY Check-out is at 12 PM. If you require a later check-out, please contact us before 10 AM on the day of departure, and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Additional fees may apply, depending on time extension and availability. Extra Bedding
The hotel charges $10 plus applicable tax for additional guest not registered with the hotel and exceeding standard occupancy. The hotel must follow all safety rules in regards to occupied rooms.
Specific Room Requests: Specific room request are considered, but cannot be guaranteed based on hotel occupancy.Please contact the hotel directly for more information. All Requests will be noted in the guest reservation; but cannot be guaranteed.
All reservations must be guaranteed for the first night arrival and applicable taxes with a major credit card and expiration date. All cancellations must be received 48 Hours PRIOR to scheduled arrival. The hotel will not hold any reservation unless secured by the above methods.The first night’s room and tax will be charged to the guest’s credit card at time of booking. Reductions in the length of stay are subject to the full value of the reservation(including taxes). Late cancellation and no shows are subject to a penalty of the first night’s room and tax deposit. You agree that this penalty will be charged to the credit card used to make the reservation. Reservations made through a third-party website or travel agent must be cancelled through that third-party website or travel agent. This policy will allow hotel time to offer these unsold rooms to guests seeking last-minute accommodations.
Credit/Debit Card Policy
Debit and Credit cards will be authorized at check-in for the amount of your stay. The authorization will hold the funds until check out, at which time the amount actually incurred during the stay will be charged. On a debit card the authorization is cleared by the bank 4-5 business days after you check out.
Cash Payment Policy
Cash can be paid upon departure for all charges. A valid credit card with a matching ID must be presented at check-in and authorized for the full amount to receive room keys.
The hotel reserves the right to charge a noise disturbance fee if compensation is given to other guests due to noise. Further should the guest continue to disturb other guests, or become unruly guests, causing a disruption of others enjoyment of the hotel; the hotel reserves the right to have the guests vacated from the hotel premises without refund.
Packages/Luggage Storage The hotel does not store packages for non-guest. Packages a restored for arriving guest and departing guest based on circumstance. The hotel does not hold packages more than 1 week for a guest. If this does occur the guest can charge a daily storage fee of $5.00.
Smoking Policy All guest rooms 100% smoke-free. A $100 deep cleaning fee will be charged to any guest who violates the smoking policy. Smoking is not permitted in the entry way of any door or guest room. All doors must be kept closed.
Pets: Pets are allowed in pet friendly rooms only. There is a non-refundable flat pet fee of $25.00 on the first day of check-in. Fee is per pet. Guest must sign a pet agreement acknowledging responsibility for physical or noise damage. Pets must be crated if left alone in the guestroom. There are no charges for service animals. Pets must be leashed at all times Guests are required to pick up after their pets. (Dogs only)
Free self –parking
- COVID-19 MOSQUITO BOUTIQUE HOTEL PROTOCOL
- Required by the Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism and Ministry of Public Health. The Mosquito Team is working in putting the necessary measures in place to make your experience at our hotel and restaurants safe (and fun).
- CHECK-IN PROTOCOL:
- 1. Guest temperature check upon arrival with a touch less infrared digital thermometer. The temperature will be registered in a log for each guest.
- 2. Guest will provide a Health & Travel Statement: Each guest must inform the reception staff if they are experiencing any health symptoms of any type and/or if they have been in direct contact with anyone with a COVID-19 diagnosis within the last 14 days.
- 3. If a guest indicates that they need to follow quarantine or isolation during their stay, they registered a high temperature or showed any other COVID-19 symptoms. Our reception staff is trained to apply the isolation protocol and contact medical services if needed. We have a designated isolation room available.
- 4. Guest are welcome to “self-check-in” by calling ahead to pre-pay, registering your room. We will have keys waiting for you upon arrival, which will have been sanitized prior.
- 5. Marks on the floor 6 Ft/2Mts apart installed in our reception area to indicate safe distance to guest or group of guests traveling together while they wait to check-in.
- 6. In case guests forget to bring their own, our reception will have available face masks, hand sanitizer, disinfectant spray, disposable gloves, alcohol swabs/pads, disposable tissues and designated “Hazardous Waste” hands free trash containers with foot pedals to open lids.7. All reception counters will be disinfected after each guest checks in/out and throughout the day including room keys.
- 8. Guest Luggage will be disinfected at arrival.
- 9. We will only offer daily housekeeping and enter your room to clean and sanitize based on your request, and at the end of your stay. Rooms are not re-rented for 72 hours thereafter. All laundry and linens will be washed at high temperature using CDC guidelines.
- COMMON AREAS PROTOCOL:
- 1. Hand Sanitizer is available in all common areas, public bathrooms, dining tables and reception.
- 2. All common areas are constantly disinfected by using bleach and or disinfectant spray, including door handles, furniture, bar stools, floors etc.
- 3. Public bathrooms have a designated staff member assigned to sanitize at all times and remind guest to wash, wash, wash their hands at all times. 20 seconds recommended with warm water.
- 4. Restaurant Tables and lawn/beach furniture will be 6 feet apart at all times and guests will be advised to keep social distancing with other guests not with their party.
- 5. Occupancy will be limited to 75% during the next few months.
- 6. Breakfast will no longer be a buffet. Guest will order a la carte delivered to your table, please do not change tables without notifying staff. There will be no self-serve of any kind.
- 7. Printed menus will be removed and replaced by QR Scan codes or hands free menu (ex. Chalkboard).
- HOTEL STAFF PROTOCOL
- 1. In our staff meetings we reiterate the importance of proper hand washing technique and frequency. We consider this one of the most important steps for the safety and health of our guests and staff. All staff members are required to wash their hands frequently.
- 2. Employee temperature checks at the start of every shift
- 3. In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- 4. All hotel staff will wear face masks and disposable gloves and have access to hand sanitizing gel at all times.
- 5. Kitchen area will have a designated sanitizing station for all deliveries.
- LET’S ALL DO OUR PART: Wear a mask while interacting with staff or while in public spaces and wash or sanitize your hands frequently. Limit your interactions with large groups If you are experiencing symptoms of a fever, stay home. And if you’ve already arrived to our hotel, then please stay in your room and notify the reception immediately If you cough or sneeze, please do it into your elbow or a napkin even if you are wearing a face mask then sanitize/wash your hands immediately.