The Log Canoe Inn looks directly out at a waterfront view of the St. Michaels Harbor, and is nestled right in the heart of town, in the St. Michaels Historic District. Named in honor of the historic log canoe sailing vessels, built in the harbors of the Chesapeake Bay, each of our six rooms are named after one of these historic vessels. Our property includes two historic buildings. The "main house" is the original residence, and was built in 1790. The "sail shed" is a cottage style building that sits right beside the main house, and was built sometime before the 1950's. The main house was primarily used as a private residence during its two hundred year history. From 1921 until 1930, it was the first original clubhouse of the Miles River Yacht Club. The house was then converted into one of the first boarding houses in St. Michaels. The sail shed was originally used as just that - a sail shed - storing boat sails and spars, until being converted into private guest rooms. Many renovations have been performed over the years to give our property new life and luxury amenities, but we strive to still keep the same history and charm that the home held hundreds of years ago.
The Log Canoe Inn sits peacefully at the end of Carpenter Street, looking over a panoramic waterfront view of the harbor. Being only a short walk from Carpenter Street Saloon, a true "local" bar, you may even run into some log canoe sailors, especially during the summer regatta season. Our property is centrally located, and within a comfortable walking distance to everywhere in town. Guests may travel by boat or car, and dock in our private slips or park in our private off-street parking lot, then take a stroll through town and discover the ambiance and history St. Michaels has to offer.
Property Name: Log Canoe Inn
Street Address: 208 Carpenter Street, PO Box 517
City : Saint Michaels - Maryland
Postal Code : 21663
Phone: (410) 745-2929
- Air conditioning
- Cashless payment accepted
- CCTV outside property
- Chocolate / Cookies
- Common areas disinfected daily
- Contactless check-in / check-out
- Express check-in / check-out
- Golf course within 3.5 km / 2 mi
- Guest accommodations disinfected between stays
- Guest parking
- Honeymoon / bridal suite
- Non-smoking rooms
- Outdoor furniture
- Private check-in / check-out
- Property cleaned by professional cleaning companies
- Refillable water stations
- Shared lounge / TV area
- Towels changed upon request
- Waterfront suites
- Harbor-front suites
- Private entrances
- Private outdoor areas
- Sitting room
- Within walking distance to town
- Private docks
- Private parking
- King suites
- Queen suites
- Keurig coffee maker
- Mini refrigerators
- Smart TVs
- Personal HVAC units
- Smoke detectors
- Fire extinguishers
- En suite baths
- Coffee & tea bar
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
- A cancellation notification must be received at least 14 days in advance of the reserved check-in date, to avoid the full charge of the reservation.
- For all wedding and event reservations, a cancellation notification must be received at least 60 days in advance of the reserved check-in date, to avoid the full charge of the reservation.
- We offer no refunds for early departures.
Terms and Conditions
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in is between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m., and check-out is at 11:00 a.m. If you are checking in after 5:00 p.m., please call our office to inform us, and we will place the key to your room in the door at the appropriate time.
- Room occupancy is limited to two guests per room, per state code. Any additional guests will not be permitted.
- Our property is strictly reserved for our guests only. No unregistered guests or visitors are permitted on our grounds, unless during a wedding or other event where an event contract exists.
- We strongly discourage guests under 18.
- Each of our rooms only has one bed, and we do not offer cots, sleeping bags, air mattresses, nor cribs.
- We are a historic inn, and are not handicapped accessible. Each of our rooms has a minimum of two steps to enter.
- We monitor and record all activity on the premises outside with Ring cameras.
- Any damages are the responsibility of the guests. Guests are subject to be charged for any damages to, destruction of, and/or stealing of property, valuables, or linens.
- We do not offer daily room service, but you may request fresh towels or linens at any time.
- The kitchen and innkeeper's quarters are off-limits to guests.
- Quiet hours are observed after 10:00 p.m., per town codes.
Rates and Deposits
- Payment is due in full at the time of reservation. We are subject to charge a 6% Maryland Sales tax and 4% Talbot County accommodation tax in addition to our standard room rates.
- We require a two-night minimum, except for gaps in between reservations where only one night is available.
Weddings and Events
- Weddings and events may only be held on the property with prior approval and a signed event contract, and require the reservation of our entire property, including all six rooms/suites.
- A 50% deposit is required to hold all wedding/event reservations, with the remainder of the balance due in full on the reserved check-in date. Deposits may be refunded due to unforeseen circumstances.
- No smoking, vaping, cigars, pipes, or use of any electronic cigarettes is allowed in or within 25 feet of any building on the property, including all porch & terrace areas. Evidence of smoking in or near a building will result in a $250 cleaning fee.
- We do not allow the use of our fireplace, candles, or any open flame on the property.
- Our dog-friendly suites are the Lark Suite, Magic Suite, and Island Bird Suite. We must be notified and approve of all dogs prior to your reservation, and they must remain under the guests' full attention at all times. All guests must accept full responsibility for their pet and their actions.
- Guests must pick up after their pets, and it is preferred for pets to be relieved at Muskrat Park, when possible. Muskrat Park is located 0.1 mile away from our property – take Carpenter Street up to the first stop sign, turn left onto Locust Street, and Muskrat Park will be straight ahead where Locust Street ends.