The Mountain Inn at Lutsen is an intimate, affordable boutique style Inn nestled at the base of Lutsen Mountains Ski Resort. For the downhill skier/snowboarder, it is perfectly situated near 0.2 miles from Eagle Mountain, just a 5-minute walk puts you right on Bridge Run for a day of down hill adventures. For the non-skier, Mountain Inn is close to everything the North Shore has to offer. You are a short walk to several miles of cross-country skiing and snowmobile trails, as well as groomed Mountain bike trails for summer and winter riding.
Mountain Inn is a great basecamp close to waterfalls, scenic overlooks, historical markers, and the quaint town of Lutsen. Grand Marais is located just 20 miles and makes for a great for a day of shopping and dining in locally owned stores and restaurants. And that’s just the beginning.
Enjoy the vibrant nightlife at Papa Charlie's and Mogul's restaurants with live music year round. During the summer months, you have easy access to the Alpine Slide, sight-seeing gondola rides to the summit chalet at Lutsen Mountains, Superior National at Lutsen Golf Course, and miles and miles of hiking and biking trails. The North Shore has a lot to offer and Mountain Inn is right in the middle of the action.
The Mountain Inn is conveniently located at the start and finish of the Lutsen 99er Bike Race, Norpine Fat Bike Classic, and Superior 100 Trail Races. With such a convenient location, the Mountain Inn books up quickly.
We are proud to have the services of LutZen Reflections massage services here onsite (now two convenient locations!) . Wander down from your room guest room for a relaxing massage or other pampering services. For more information you may click the link to the LutZen Reflections website https://www.lutzenmassage.com/ for appointments and rates or call our convenient scheduling line at 218-203-2809.
Property Name: Mountain Inn at Lutsen
Address 1: 360 Ski Hill Road
City : Lutsen - Minnesota
Postal Code : 55612
- Air conditioning
- Board games / puzzles
- Golf course within 3.5 km / 2 mi
- Non-smoking rooms
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 4:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
- Cancellation Policy
- PLEASE READ
- Cancellations due to weather will receive no refunds or credits.
- Cancellations must be made via phone. Email, text and web chat cancellations will not be accepted.
- If you need to cancel your reservation for any reason, please notify us as soon as possible by calling 218-203-2809.
- Direct Bookings Only: You may cancel your reservation up to 72 Hours prior to the scheduled arrival date, all processed funds will be returned, LESS a $35 administrative fee.
- NOTE: All reservations that have been booked with an online travel agency such as booking.com or Expedia: will be required to cancel directly with the agency and are subject to the fees/charges that were agreed upon at the time of booking.
- Cancellation policies with online travel agencies may differ from our direct booking cancellation policies.
- All cancelled direct booking reservations are subject to a $35 administrative fee per room.
- Reservations cancelled within 72 Hours of the arrival date will be assessed a charge of 1 Nights Stay Plus Tax.
- Reservations made under Specials/Lodging Offers are Subject to the Terms & Conditions of that Lodging Special/Offer; ie Prepay and Save 10% is a non-refundable reservation..
- For stays 21 days or longer, the cancellation time frame is 60 days before arrival.
- COVID Related Cancellation: Force majeure is no longer in effect for Minnesota, and therefore our cancellation policies have returned to normal in regard to reservations moving forward and we will not waive cancellation fees.
Terms and Conditions
Policies are subject to change without notice.
Applicable taxes and fees are not included in room rates. Applicable taxes include 8.38% Sales Tax, 4% Local Taxes and Fees.
Room Rates are locked in when a reservation is confirmed, not quoted as rates fluctuate based on events, holidays, and occupancy.
With any modification to reservation dates, the room rates are subject to current rates pricing at the time of modification.
- Direct Reservations:
- A deposit for 1 Night plus tax is required and due at the time of booking (per room).
- Upon checkout the final amount (remaining room charges, pantry items, taxes, or other fees) will be charged to the credit card on file.
- Online Travel Agency Reservation Sources (Booking.com, Expedia, etc.) are held to the Terms and Conditions and payment schedule on their respective websites without exception, which are non-refundable reservations.
- For Group and Room Blocks or bookings of 3 or more rooms or more than 5 rooms nights on single reservations
- A deposit of 1 night plus tax will be charged at the time of the reservation. Your card will be authorized for the remaining balance 14 days prior to the arrival date. Should the card authorization fail, the reservation will be canceled and deposit equal to 1 night stay plus tax will not be refunded.
- Event reservations may be canceled for a refund minus the deposit of 1 night plus tax, from the date of reservation up to 14 days out from the check in date.
- IMPORTANT: WE DO NOT HAVE 24 HOUR FRONT DESK. We are a keyless property, our guests require codes to access the building and guest rooms. Guests arriving after 10PM , please call 218-203-2809 for your access codes.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old to book a reservation and have a credit card (no debit cards).
- Children age 2 and up count as occupants. You do not enter or include children under age 2 when making your reservation. The definition of "occupant" and maximum occupancy is defined and set forth by the Minnesota Department of Health and the Fire Marshall.
- Please keep in mind that each room has a maximum occupancy of 4 in Queen rooms and 2 in King rooms, that cannot be exceeded.
- The maximum occupancy of our rooms is also determined by the State of Minnesota. Exceeding the maximum number of guests is grounds of immediate eviction without refund. Children under age 2 do not count toward maximum occupancy. Housing additional guests is not permitted. An occupant (or guest) list must be provided on your registration agreement, including name, age, and number of nights each person will be staying at the property.
- Reservations must be made with a credit card.
- We have 2 dog friendly rooms at Mountain Inn.
- We accept dogs only, please no monkeys or cats.
- Dogsare allowed in DOG FRIENDLY ROOMS ONLY, with prior approval by phone.
- Therewill be an extra charge of $35 per day per room for up to three days with amaximum of $105 which can be assessed for your stay.
- Please call to check availability for your furry family member.
- The maximum number of dogs allowed is 2. Undisclosed pets will be charged $150 and guests may be asked to leave the property
- Owners must pick up excrement and dogs must remain kenneled when left unattended.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. This is out of respect to the guests not travelling with dogs, perhaps fearful of dogs, or dogs who may be fearful of other dogs or dog aggressive themselves.
- Dogs MUST BE KENNELED if left alone in the room. If we find that you have left a dog alone in the room and it is not kenneled, you can be fined.
- Dogs that are staying at Mountain Inn must be able to be quiet if left alone. If your dog is unable to remain quiet, we will ask you to make other arrangements during your stay.
- Parties found with dogs in their room without prior approval will be charged $150 cleaning fee to the card on file.
- Any damage caused by a dog is the responsibility of the Owner and can be charged to the card on file.
- If dog owners are found to not abide by the dog policies, the owner may be fined and/or the dogs may not be welcomed back.
- Every effort is made to keep our property and its equipment in good working order, but just like with your own home, failures do occur. Please notify us of any maintenance problems or difficulty you experience during your stay as soon as possible so repairs can be scheduled. If there is no one at the front desk, you may always reach staff on the emergency phone.
- Please remember NO REFUNDS/REBATES will be given for mechanical failures. However, if there are failures to necessary systems (such as water, hot water, heat, or septic system) that cannot be resolved in a timely manner, we will make every effort to provide alternative accommodations or compensation. We appreciate your understanding.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the Mountain Inn, this included vape pens, cigarettes, pipes or ANY other substance. If smoking outside, be aware of fire danger and always dispose of your cigarette butts in the proper receptacle. Do not smoke directly in front of open windows or allow smoke to blow inside. Please use an ashcan properly dispose of all cigarette butts from property upon departure. You will be charged for a clean-up if excessive cigarette butts are found outside your room window. Parties found smoking indoors pay a $250 fine and may be asked to leave the premises without refunds for remainder of the stay.
- Trailers need to be parked in our upper lot and not in the main parking lot. This includes Snowmobile trailers, RV"s, Campers, or any other trailer that would take up more than one space in the lot. The upper lot is the first right past the Mountain. You may park anywhere in the lot. NOTE: on event weekends please park mindfully, the lot does fill up.
- You will need to provide your own charcoal and lighter fluid or charcoal grill for the grill. Please take caution and keep the grill a safe distance from the building when in use.
- In general, people are not tolerant of noise after 10:00 pm. Please make sure that, after this hour, music and voices are not audible outside of your room. Be mindful of your voices in the hallways and common areas. The management and our other guests thank you in advance your consideration.
- Discharging weapons of any kind, igniting fireworks, lewd or offensive behavior, destructive abuse of the hotel or landscape, terrorizing wildlife, and disrespectful treatment of staff is not allowed. Violators are subject to immediate termination of rental and dismissal without refund. Any damage will be charged back to renter. Actions that result in a call or visit from the Sheriff's Department for disruptive behavior are subject to a $250 fine.