The Mountain Inn at Lutsen is an intimate, affordable motel-style Inn located at the base of Lutsen Mountains. As far as location goes, Mountain Inn is close enough to Lutsen Mountains Ski Area that you can walk there. For the downhill skier/snowboarder, it is perfectly situated near 0.2 miles from Eagle Mountain where a 5-minute walk puts you right on Bridge Run. For the non-skier, Mountain Inn is close to everything the North Shore has to offer. You are a short walk to several miles of cross-country skiing and snowmobile trails, as well as groomed fat bike trails. Within a 20 mile drive, you will find waterfalls, scenic overlooks, historical markers, and the quaint town of Lutsen. Just 20 miles away is Grand Marais, great for a day of shopping and dining in wonderful ma and pa stores and restaurants. And that’s just the beginning. Enjoy the vibrant nightlife at Papa Charlie's and Mogul's restaurants with live music year round. During the summer months, you have easy access to the Alpine Slide, sight-seeing gondola, Superior National at Lutsen Golf Course, and miles and miles of hiking and biking trails. The North Shore has a lot to offer and Mountain Inn is right in the middle of the action.The Mountain Inn is conveniently located at the start and finish of the Lutsen 99er Bike Race, near the Norpine Fat Bike Classic start and finish, and near the finish of the Superior Spring and Fall marathon and ultra-marathon running events. With such a convenient location the Mountain Inn books up quickly for these events! Please note that Mountain Inn no longer offers continental breakfast or breakfast vouchers for Lutsen Resort. Also, the hot tub and sauna area has been removed and the area will be converted into the newest location for the LutZen Reflections day spa! Now you can just walk from your room to get a relaxing massage or other pampering services. Please refer to the LutZen Reflections website https://www.lutzenmassage.com/ for appointments and rates.
Property Name: Mountain Inn
Address 1: 360 Ski Hill Road
City : Lutsen - Minnesota
Postal Code : 55612
- Massage Services
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 4:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
- Cancellation Policy
- PLEASE READ
- Reservations cancelled within 24 hours prior to arrival will be subject to the full amount of the stay plus tax.
- All cancellations must be made via phone.
- All reservations that have been booked with an online travel agency such as booking.com or Expedia: will be required to cancel directly with the agency and are subject to the fees/charges that were agreed upon at the time of booking. Cancellation policies with online travel agencies may differ (more strict) from our direct booking cancellation policies.
Terms and Conditions
- IMPORTANT: WE DO NOT HAVE 24 HOUR FRONT DESK. We have a keyless property, our guests require codes to access the building and guest rooms. Guests arriving after 8PM , please call 218-203-2809 for your access codes.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old to book a reservation.
- Children age 2 and up count as occupants. Do not include children under age 2 when making your reservation. The definition of "occupant" and maximum occupancy is defined and set forth by the Minnesota Department of Health and the Fire Marshall.
- Please keep in mind that each room has a maximum occupancy that cannot be exceeded.
- The maximum occupancy of our rooms is also determined by the State of Minnesota. Exceeding the maximum number of guests is grounds of immediate eviction without refund. Children under age 2 do not count toward maximum occupancy. Housing additional guests is not permitted. An occupant (or guest) list must be provided on your registration agreement, including name, age, and number of nights each person will be staying at the property.
- Mountain Inn allows up to 2 guests per room free of charge with a maximum occupancy of 4 guests in our queen rooms. Rooms occupied by 4 guests will be charged an additional $10.00 per person per night (for the 3rd & 4th guests only.)
- Reservations must be made with a credit card.
- We accept dogs only.
- There are only 5 dog friendly rooms at Mountain Inn.
- Dogs are allowed in DOG FRIENDLY ROOMS ONLY and with prior approval for an additional fee of $25 plus tax per dog, per night.
- The maximum number of dogs allowed is 2.
- Owners must pick up droppings.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. This is out of respect to the guests not travelling with dogs, perhaps fearful of dogs, or dogs who may be fearful of other dogs or dog aggressive themselves.
- Dogs MUST BE KENNELLED if let alone in the room. If we find that you have left a dog alone in the room and it is not kenneled, you can be fined.
- Dogs that are staying at Mountain Inn must be able to be quiet if left alone. If your dog is unable to remain quiet, we will ask you to make other arrangements during your stay.
- Parties found with dogs in their room without prior approval will be charged $100 cleaning fee to the card on file.
- Any damage caused by a dog is the responsibility of the Owner and can be charged to the card on file.
- If dog owners are found to not abide by the dog policies, the owner may be fined and/or the dogs may not be welcomed back.
- Cancellations due to weather will receive no refunds or rebates.
- Cancellations must be made via phone. Email and web chat cancellations will not be accepted.
- If you need to cancel your reservation for any reason, notify us as soon as possible. If you notify our office of cancellation more than 7 days prior to scheduled arrival, all monies, less a $35 cancellation fee will be returned by check or credit card.
- If you cancel your reservation within 7 days of your scheduled arrival, we will make every effort to re-rent the room. If the room is re-rented for the same period of time, you will receive a refund of the monies recouped – less the cancellation fee. If we are unable to re-rent the property, any advance payment will be forfeited.
- All reservations are subject to the cancellation fee.
* For stays 21 days or longer, the cancellation time frame is 60 days before arrival.
- Every effort is made to keep our property and its equipment in good working order, but just like with your own home, failures do occur. Please notify us of any maintenance problems or difficulty you experience during your stay as soon as possible so repairs can be scheduled. If there is no one at the front desk, you may always reach staff on the emergency phone.
- Please remember NO REFUNDS/REBATES will be given for mechanical failures. However, if there are failures to necessary systems (such as water, hot water, heat, or septic system) that cannot be resolved in a timely manner, we will make every effort to provide alternative accommodations or compensation. We appreciate your understanding.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the Mountain Inn, this included vape pens, cigarettes, pipes or ANY other substance. If smoking outside, be aware of fire danger and always dispose of your cigarette butts in the proper receptacle. Do not smoke directly in front of open windows or allow smoke to blow inside. Please use an ashcan properly dispose of all cigarette butts from property upon departure. You will be charged for a clean-up if excessive cigarette butts are found outside your room window. Parties found smoking indoors pay a $250 fine and may be asked to leave the premises without refunds for remainder of the stay.
- Trailers need to be parked in our upper lot and not in the main parking lot. This includes Snowmobile trailers, RV"s, Campers, or any other trailer that would take up more than one space in the lot. The upper lot is the first right past the Mountain. You may park anywhere in the lot. NOTE: on event weekends please park mindfully, the lot does fill up.
- You will need to provide your own charcoal and lighter fluid or charcoal grill for the grill. Please take caution and keep the grill a safe distance from the building when in use.
- In general, people are not tolerant of noise after 10:00 pm. Please make sure that, after this hour, music and voices are not audible outside of your room. Be mindful of your voices in the hallways and common areas. The management and our other guests thank you in advance your consideration.
- Discharging weapons of any kind, igniting fireworks, lewd or offensive behavior, destructive abuse of the hotel or landscape, terrorizing wildlife, and disrespectful treatment of staff is not allowed. Violators are subject to immediate termination of rental and dismissal without refund. Any damage will be charged back to renter. Actions that result in a call or visit from the Sheriff's Department for disruptive behavior are subject to a $250 fine.