The Blue Horse Inn is uniquely situated in the very heart of Woodstock Village. Our sweeping grounds overlook Mt. Tom, the Ottauquechee River and Middle Covered Bridge in the center of town. Guests can enjoy our seasonal heated outdoor pool or a walk in the gardens, and by the river. On a chilly day, relax by the fire in one of our inviting common spaces.Art galleries, restaurants, cafes, and boutique shops are all right in the neighborhood, and next door you’ll find the Woodstock Town Hall Theater, a historic neoclassical concert hall, home to music, theater and film events.Quechee, Barnard, Killington, Bridgewater, White River Junction, and Hanover, NH, are all a short drive away. There is so much to do in central Vermont!Inside our inn, our guests will find a fresh, relaxing atmosphere and updated décor that highlights our classic architecture. Make yourself at home in our inviting common spaces and in your guest room. Enjoy our special breakfasts included in your stay. Chat with Tony and Jill, who both welcome you, and your children 14 and older, to their home.
Property Name: The Blue Horse Inn
Address 1: 3 Church Street
City : Woodstock - Vermont
Postal Code : 05091
Contact Name: Jill Amato
Phone: (802) 457-9999
- Baggage storage
- Photo copying service
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
- Swimming pool
- OUTDOOR FIREPIT
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Terms and Conditions
Reservations are highly recommended and appreciated. Reservations are guaranteed with a deposit of 50% of the full amount of a multiple night reservation or 100% of the amount of a one-night stay, including lodging tax. Generally, from June 1 through the end of the third weekend of September a two-night reservation is required on weekends, holiday weekends, holiday periods and at other special times. A minimum two-night reservation is required from mid- September through mid- October (Foliage Season) and from December 24 through December 31 regardless of the day of the week for your stay (i.e., 2-day minimum applies every day of the week, not just weekends).
Cancellation PolicyShould you need to cancel your reservation:
- If your cancellation is received 14 days prior to your arrival date, we will refund your deposit less a $25 service charge.
- If your cancellation is received within 14 days but not less than 48 hours of your arrival date you will receive 50% of your deposit returned to you and no service charge.
- Cancellation of reservations within less than 48 hours or less, late arrivals or early departures will are responsible for the full reservation amount, no refunds will be made.
- Six months’ notice is required for cancellation of reservations for Dartmouth Graduation weekend to receive your deposit refund less a $25 service charge. If you cancel within six months of the Graduation weekend your full deposit is forfeited.
- Thirty days’ notice is required for cancellation of reservations for Fall Foliage- (mid-September to mid-October) to receive a full refund less a $25 service charge. If you cancel within thirty days during Fall Foliage season your full deposit will be forfeited.
- Under highly unique and extreme circumstances such as the death of an immediate family member, and at the sole discretion of the owners, the Cancellation Policy may be waived.
Arrival and DepartureRooms are ready and guests are received between 3 PM and 6 PM. Departure time is 11 AM. Please notify us, if you will be arriving after 6 PM.
Late arrival is possible with prior arrangement. A limited number of arrivals as early as 2 PM are possible, only if arrangements are made at least 24 hours prior to arrival. There is a $50 service charge for early arrival.
Late departure is not possible due to the need to clean rooms for arriving guests.
PaymentWe gladly accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Gratuities are encouraged for the housekeeping staff and may be left at the guest’s discretion.
ChildrenGuest rooms accommodate two guests. Children 14 years and older are welcome provided that they are able to stay in a room with a parent or in their own room. We do not have a fold out beds or sleeper sofas and only two guests are permitted to occupy a room due to safety and health standards. If you are interested in booking the entire house and have guests with children under 14, we would be happy to consider your request.
Guest Comfort & Protection
For the comfort and protection of our guests, we have a strict no smoking policy on our entire property including the back porch, pool area, and yards. Guests who violate this policy will be asked to leave and will be charged for their entire reservation. There is a $500 fee charged to reclaim a room to the smoke-free status which will be charged to your credit card without exception.