Welcome to the Grayhaven Motel. A charming 16 room vintage motor lodge located in Ithaca, a small city in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of New York State. We are open and accepting reservations. Please visit our COVID-19 Response page to see how we are safely preparing for your stay.
Our lovingly restored motel has been hosting vacationers and travelers for more than 100 years. You’ll find classic and spacious mid-century rooms as well as fully equipped cottages and suites with kitchenettes. Rooms have been thoughtfully restored with period fixtures and modern amenities to ensure a comfortable, unique, and sustainable stay. Several rooms are dog friendly.
We, Alexis and Mark, are the current stewards of this very sweet historic hotel and accompanying 11 acres. Three years into a major rehabilitation of the property, we hope you’ll join us for the adventure, and follow along as we work to preserve the history and charm of this local landmark.
Think simple, casual comfort. Clean, well appointed rooms, domestic linens, natural bath products and plenty of space to unwind. Situated on over 11 acres, we offer walking trails, hammocks for lounging, a bocce court, croquet, fire pits, picnic areas, and bird watching.Nestled between Buttermilk Falls and Robert H. Treman State Parks there are more area gorges and waterfalls than you can shake a stick at. We are close to swimming, hiking, fishing, hunting and cross-country skiing. You’re sure to find four seasons of enjoyment here.
Conveniently located, with easy access to excellent restaurants and Finger Lakes area attractions. A quick 3 miles by car or bike to the Ithaca Commons and State Theater. Cornell Campus and Ithaca College are both 4 miles door to door. Park at your door, lounge on our lawns, bring your dog and your family, relax.
Property Name: Grayhaven Motel
Address 1: 657 Elmira Rd.
City : Ithaca - New York
Postal Code : 14850
Phone: (607) 272-6434
- Audio / Visual equipment rental
- Meeting rooms
- Room service
- Fire pits
- Picnic areas
- Bocce court
- Walking trails
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
- Room deposits are non-refundable. If you need to change the dates of your trip, all changes must be made 14 full days prior to our local check in time (3:00pm EST) for the deposit to be applied to a future stay with us within the same calendar year. See rescheduling below.
- Cancellations must be made 14 full days prior to our local check in time (3:00pm EST) in order to avoid a penalty of the remaining balance of your stay. For example, if check-in is on Friday, cancel by Friday two weeks before check in time. If you cancel within 14 days of a reservation, you are responsible for 100% of your reservation total. The full reservation cost will be charged the card on file unless the room is re-booked.
- Reservations are not considered canceled without receiving a cancellation confirmation email. Please confirm cancellation requests in writing.
- Rescheduling is only allowed as a one time courtesy and subject to the same rules as outlined above for deposits and cancellations.
- If you decide to shorten your stay while at the Grayhaven, you will still be charged for your full reserved time period.
- We strongly encourage “cancel for any reason” travel insurance. Purchase early / far out from the trip for the best rates. Travel Insurance Sites: allianztravelinsurance, sevencorners, aaa
- On the rare occasion winter travel is interrupted due to poor weather conditions, Grayhaven will honor cancellations under the following industry guidelines ONLY:
- The Ithaca Airport and/or the NYS Thruway is closed due to poor travel conditions
- These cancellations will be given the opportunity to rebook on a future date with no penalties to the guest.
- We are a small hospitality business and understand circumstances change. We greatly value your patronage and will make every attempt to re-book your room if a cancellation occurs. If we are able to re-book the room, we will refund your deposit less a small service fee.
- Events blocks have their own cancellation requirements as outlined in the room block booking contract.
Terms and Conditions
We accept bookings online here and over the phone (607-272-6434). We have a two-night minimum stay, three nights over holidays, events weekend and high season, which is Memorial Day through Labor Day. A credit card is required at the time of booking. A deposit equal to 50% of your reservation is taken from the credit card to reserve your stay. The remaining room balance will be charged within 48 hours of check in, any additional purchases will be charged upon checkout. All rooms are non-smoking. All rates are subject to state and local taxes. All rates are subject to change without notice.
ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE
Check in time is from 3pm to 7pm. Late check ins are no problem. Please notify us 24 hours prior to your reservation if you will be checking in later than 7pm and we will be happy to make arrangements with you. We can NOT accommodate check ins before 3pm. Check out time is from 7am to 11am. Earlier check outs are no problem. Our 11am check out is strict as we need ample time to clean rooms and prepare for the next guests. Check outs after 11am will be charged $50 per additional half hour.
All rates are for two persons per room. We charge a fee of $25 for each additional guest. You’re welcome to bring pack-n-plays for the littlest ones. King, queen and full rooms are intended for up to two guests. Double rooms are intended for up to four guests. Please inquire if your group has more than the two or four intended adults, or if you will be traveling with children. A cot can be set up, pending availability, though not all rooms can accommodate an additional occupant. Only guests on the guest registry for each room are permitted on property. If you would like to have additional guests or visitors you must notify us and obtain approval in advance, during office hours. Additional visitors and vehicles will be registered with the front desk.
Well-behaved dogs are welcome in many of our rooms. Our full pet policy and guidelines are available for review HERE. Advance notice is required and dogs must be crated if left unattended in the room. Our pet fee is $15 per night for one dog. $25 per night for two + dogs. Please contact us to make special arrangements for more than two dogs. Pet waste must be picked up and disposed of in the marked outdoor trash receptacles. If you are traveling without a crate we have a limited number of loaner crates available. Please let us know in advance that you need one and we’re happy to help make arrangements for your pet’s stay. Service animals are, by law, welcome in all of our rooms. A service animal is a dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA, and are therefore limited only to dog friendly rooms and are subject to the the nightly pet fee.
Quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am. During this time, we ask that you respect your neighbors and keep noise to a minimum.
Usually we only charge the room rate, applicable taxes, and any mini bar or other purchases made on the property; however, there are times where we will charge an additional fee. We only charge extra if:
- You smoke or burn something in the room ($250)
- You lose the key ($150 to have room re-keyed)
- You check-out after 11am ($50 for every 30mins)
- You don’t pick up after your pet ($75)
- You break something, take something or leave the room excessively dirty (the cost to repair or replace the object plus $50/hr. labor to return room to its original state)
- Wall art is stollen or damaged (artwork in rooms is original artwork and is priced on a piece-to-piece basis by the artist).
- In consideration for receiving permission to be on the property/premises located at 657-661 Elmira Rd. Ithaca, NY 14850 owned by Grayhaven Inc and Custom Deluxe LLC, I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue, Grayhaven Inc and Custom Deluxe LLC, its shareholders, directors, officers, servants, agents and employees (hereinafter referred to as “releasees”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or relating to any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, my employees, subcontractors, guests or anyone else caused by or incidental to my electing to have access to this property/land, or to any property belonging to me, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees, or otherwise, while on or upon the premises, while in transit to or from the premises, or in any place or places connected with the premises. I understand the risks involved in being on this property/premises, and I recognize and agree to accept that any activity/activities involves risk of injury while being on this property/premises, and I assume all risks associated with it, including but not limited to property damage or loss, minor bodily injury, severe bodily injury, and death. I am voluntarily entering onto this property/premises with the knowledge of the risks involved and hereby agree to accept any and all inherent risks of property damage, bodily injury, or death.
- I am fully aware of risks and hazards connected with being on the premises, and I am fully aware that there may be risks and hazards unknown to me connected with being on the premises, and I hereby elect to voluntarily be on and upon, to enter upon the above named premises and engage in activities knowing that conditions may be hazardous, or may become hazardous or dangerous to me and my property. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any loss
or damage to property owned by me, as a result of my being on the premises, whether caused by the negligence of releasees or otherwise.
- I further hereby agree to indemnify and save and hold harmless the releasees and each of them, from any loss, liability, damage or costs they may incur due to my being on the premises, whether caused by the negligence of any or all of the releasees, or otherwise.
- It is my express intent that this Release shall bind me, my company or the employer who employs me to furnish services for which I have agreed to enter upon this property/premises, the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a Release, Waiver, Discharge and Covenant Not to Sue the above named releasees, their family members, officers, servants, agents and employees.
In signing this Release, I acknowledge and represent that:
A. I have read the foregoing release, understand it, and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed;
B. No oral representations, statements or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made.
C. I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; if I am under eighteen (18) years of age, my parent or guardian may sign adding my name to the reservation.
D. I execute this Release for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.