Lodging for the modern explorer -- stay in luxury glamping cabins, experience adventure and relaxation in the outdoors, and enjoy remote work amenities in gorgeous coworking spaces. Nestled in the mountains of Pennsylvania, our glamping pods are a blend of a cabin stay, a tiny house vacation rental, and camping! River Mountain’s modern vacation cabins are perfect for a weekend getaway or road trip near Washington D.C., Baltimore, and Pittsburgh.
COVID-19 Protocol and Updates:
- We are operating at 50% capacity, filling every other pod in our 12 and 8-pod cabins for added distance.
- We require staff to wear a mask at all times during guest interaction and ask all guests to wear masks as well.
- Guest temperature checks will be performed at check-in. If you have experienced flu-like symptoms within 48 hours prior to arrival, or have a temperature of 100 and above, you may not stay with us at this time. We will turn guests away who exhibit any of these symptoms.
- Check-in will be limited to one individual guest at a time, with one staff member available to assist. Guest registration area is sanitized between each use by staff.
- Check-out is not necessary - we will email you a receipt.
- Hand sanitizing stations and self-sanitizing products are available throughout the property.
- We adhere strictly to OSHA and CDC guidelines with rigorous cleaning and sanitation of guest pods, restrooms, community areas, and back of house.
- Please find our full protocol and policy here https://rivermountain.org/update/.
Property Name: River Mountain
Address 1: 3600 Black Valley Road
City : Everett - Pennsylvania
Postal Code : 15537
Contact Name: Reservations
- Baggage storage
- Gift shop
- Laundry service
- Meeting rooms
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Terms and Conditions
All requests to reserve a pod must include the first and last name of all adults occupying the pod and a valid credit card for a guarantee of arrival. Our rates are subject to change at any time. River Mountain has the right to cancel your reservation if you have not checked in by 3PM the day after you are scheduled to arrive.
You may check-in any time from 3PM - 7PM local time on your scheduled day of arrival. Please note that check-in cannot be completed until full payment for your pod has been received and approved. A valid photo ID is required upon check-in. Indian Nationals can present any of the following which is mandatory: Passport, Driving License, Voter ID Card, Pan Card. Foreign Nationals are required to present their passport and valid visa. A key is provided at check-in after your full balance has been settled. During the check-in process, River Mountain will provide you with any information which may be required during your stay. Always feel free to ask us for anything that would make your stay more enjoyable and convenient.
You may check-out any time up until 11AM local time on your scheduled day of departure. Later check-out times may be requested although we may not always be able to accommodate late changes. Please note that a more detailed inspection of your pod will be made after the check-out time, and we reserve the right to make charges for any damages or breakages found before the pod is occupied again. Please be aware that bed linen and towels should be placed where they were originally found. The bed linen and towels are NOT gifts and should remain in the pod.
A deposit of 25% of your total balance is due at the time of reservation. Your remaining balance is payable on arrival during check-in. All additional fees and taxes apply.
21+ to Book
All guests must be 21 years or older to book a stay at River Mountain.
Guest(s) Per Pod
We permit 1 guest max per twin pod and 2 guests max per double pod.
Extend Your Stay
After you have booked your stay with us, you can extend your stay (depending on availability) by letting us know before you arrive. If you are already staying with us and would like to stay longer, please let us know at least 24 hours before your check-out date. We will do our best to accommodate your new plans and this can include relocating you to a similar pod should this be necessary.
Length of Stay
30 days is the maximum length of stay. Requests for longer stays will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Smoking inside River Mountain buildings and cabins is prohibited. This applies to both traditional smoking methods and all electronic delivery systems, including vapes, vaporizers, vape pens, hookah pens, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes or e-cigs), e-pipes, and any variations of the foregoing regardless of the product’s name. Any smoking in buildings or cabins, or strong lingering smoking scents, will result in a cleaning fee that will be charged to the credit card on file in the amount of $100.
A maximum of one dog is allowed per guest. Dogs may not exceed the weight limit of 80lbs. There is a $25/night cleaning fee for a dog. Please bring a dog mat or a dog bed for the dog inside your pod. Dogs must sleep in your pod, unless renting a full private cabin. Please clean up after your dog and keep them on a leash when in cabins and around other guests. No dogs in the log cabin or main lodge community spaces. Dogs cannot be left unattended in pods at any time.
In addition to a daily cleaning fee, should your furry friend shed a great amount or have a potty accident in a room, an additional cleaning fee will be charged to the credit card on file in the amount of $100. Should your pet cause property or item damage, an incidental fee will be charged at market value to your credit card on file. No cats or venomous creatures.
Damage To or Loss of Property
We want you to have a great time when you are here. But if things get too crazy, we go by the old-school rule of ‘you break it, you buy it’ and property damages or missing items will be charged to your credit card at market value. Pre-existing damages or room issues must be reported to the front desk immediately after registration to avoid responsibility and potential charges. The hotel allows guests, with permission, to receive occasional packages and special deliveries at the property. We are not responsible for the packages or their contents or the storage of them.
From 11:00PM to 7:00AM local time, the entire property goes into hush mode for what we like to call quiet time (or sleep time).
By parking a vehicle at our facility, you (and your guests) are doing so on your own accord. River Mountain does not take responsibility or accept liability for damage, accident or loss to your vehicle or personal property. We have state-of-the-art surveillance cameras watching over the parking lot so, should anything seem amiss, let us know, and we’ll check out the footage. And if you plan on leaving your car in our parking lot for a while, no problem. Just let us know, as we reserve the right to tow vehicles.
To uphold the law, we ID all guests receiving alcohol to make sure they’re 21 years of age.
River Mountain is compliant with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). We offer ADA accessible rooms and beds on the property. Please ensure requests by reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any guest or visitor who is in possession of a firearm on the River Mountain premises is personally responsible for abiding by all applicable federal, state and local laws with respect to firearms. Subject to the following restrictions, guests of River Mountain who are lawfully permitted to possess a firearm may bring such firearm onto our premises, provided that the presence of the firearm on our premises: is and remains at all times unloaded; the firearm is and remains secured in a locked, hard-sided firearm container, provided by the guest; and the firearm remains locked in a personal vehicle.
Guests who fail to abide by this policy may be asked to leave the River Mountain premises, without refund. The River Mountain premises are private property, and our firearms policy applies to: (i) all firearms, regardless of whether the firearm is a handgun or a long-barreled gun; and (ii) all guests and visitors, even those possessing a valid license or permit to carry a firearm.The only exception to the restrictions described in this firearms policy statement is for law enforcement officers and designated military personnel, who are on-duty and required to carry firearms in the performance of their duties.
All Guests at River Mountain deserve respectful and inclusive environments. River Mountain strives to ensure that all guests have access to programming, facilities and accommodations in which they feel comfortable and safe. River Mountain does not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination based on any personal characteristic, including race, color, gender, religion or nationality.
River Mountain staff ensure inclusive access to programming, facilities and accommodations. River Mountain staff will also strive to ensure that all guests treat other guests with respect. River Mountain will not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination based on any personal characteristic between guests. Accordingly, the River Mountain and its staff will:
- Respect all guests’ gender identity and gender expression;
- Create an environment that is friendly and safe for all personal characteristics;
- Provide all guests to participate in activities in a manner consistent with their gender identity; Provide all guests with access to facilities that best align with the guests’ gender identity, and the ability to participate in activities in a manner consistent with their gender identity; and
- Comply with all local, state and federal laws regarding both gender equality and gender segregation.
River Mountain reserves the right to remove guests whose actions do not align with this policy, and whose actions are detrimental to the health, safety and dignity. River Mountain may exercise these rights on a case-by-case basis.
All guests and River Mountain staff are encouraged to report any actions inconsistent with this policy. For more information about our anti-discrimination practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or contact Ryan at 814.281.6016 (Ext 1).
As part of our commitment to guest safety, employees will not disclose the identity, pod number, or presence of a guest to anyone other than appropriate law enforcement. This includes the taking of or delivery of messages or indirect forwarding of phone calls. It is the responsibility of guests to communicate their presence and pod number to any person they wish to receive calls or visits from.
Safety cameras are used throughout the River Mountain property, and anyone on our property may be recorded. River Mountain assumes no responsibility for any personal bodily injury incurred while using our facilities, including the gym/fitness center. If you use the gym/fitness center facilities, you do so at your own risk.
We shall have the right to right to refuse or deny accommodations, facilities or privileges to:
- Any person who is unwilling or unable to pay for the accommodations and services offered by Us;
- Minors unaccompanied by the minor’s parent or legal guardian who fail to comply with the requests made by Us in accordance to PA ST 48 Pa. C.S.A. § 1311(a)(1);
- Any person who is disorderly;
- Any person who We reasonably believe is seeking accommodations for an unlawful purpose, including the unlawful possession or use of a controlled substance by the person or the use of the premises for the consumption of alcoholic beverages by any person under 21 years of age;
- Any person who we reasonably believe is bringing into the lodging establishment property which may be dangerous to other persons, including explosives or illegal firearms;
- Any person who exceeds the maximum number of persons allowed to occupy a particular guestroom.