Beds, Wine and Beer. Lodging and Lounge in Downtown Historic Truckee, North Lake Tahoe. It is kind of a hostel; just better.
Property Name: Redlight
Address 1: 10101 West River St.
City : Truckee - California
Postal Code : 96161
Contact Name: Zachary Cowan
Phone: (530) 536-0005
- Baggage storage
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 4:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
- Notification is made to Redlight of cancellation prior to arrival. Calling or texting is best if same day cancellation followed by an email. We will need cancellation in writing to: email@example.com.
- The bed or room cancelled is then re-rented at a rate of at least 90% of the cancelled sell rate and the room type is at 100% occupancy.
- An email to firstname.lastname@example.org is sent after the cancelled reservation CHECK-OUT date, but no later than 5 days AFTER the check-out date, inquiring the following:
“Hey Redlight,I cancelled my reservation. Were you able to rent out my bed and am I eligible for a partial refund? I was supposed to check in on (fill in date).
(fill in the name of the reservation)”
Redlight does not allow transfer of a reservation to other guests or subletting of a reservation.
Redlight does NOT refund guests for any eviction, lockout or early termination of stay for any reason.
Terms and Conditions
Check-in / Check-out:
- Check-in is after 4 pm and check-out is 11 am. Late check-outs are allowed based on availability and may be arranged at check-in for a fee of $25. There is short-term luggage storage free of charge for early arrival or late departure.
- We try to put people traveling together in the same room. However, there is a chance parties booking bunk beds will be in separate rooms. Reservations in a specific mixed-gender bunkroom does NOT guarantee room placement and may be allocated to another available bunkroom.
- All rates and dates are final upon confirmation. Rates for unconfirmed reservations are subject to change without prior notice. Specials, discounts and other offers are subject to change without prior notice. Offers cannot be combined.
- Redlight requires notification by phone or email before 6 pm if you plan to check-in after 10 pm of the arrival date.
- All guests must present a valid government issued ID at check-in.
- If you are renting on-site parking, your license plate, make and model vehicle must be provided to make sure your car is not towed.
- Redlight offers limited off-street parking for a fee. There is no parking on Riverside Dr.
- We have limited paid parking spots available. If you do not rent a spot from us and you use one of our spaces you WILL be towed.
- Guests must find adequate parking for themselves and never use the neighbor’s parking without their permission.
- Redlight is NOT responsible for parking tickets, fees or other costs to guests. Guests must be diligent in determining local laws on their own.
- DO NOT PARK ON WEST RIVER OVERNIGHT IN WINTER OR REDLIGHT WILL CHARGE YOU $100 (AND YOU MIGHT BE TOWED).
- Although we do our best to provide quality wifi throughout the building, bandwidth and function of wifi is not guaranteed. Your device might not be able to connect with our wifi. Guests may not download illegal files from the internet or the ISP disconnects the entire building.
- The Redlight offers laundry service for a fee on Sunday through Thursday afternoons after 4 pm. Guests should check with the front desk for this service.
- Smoking is NOT permitted anywhere on premises or within 25 feet of any door or window. Guests who smoke inside will be charged a $500 cleaning fee. This includes ALL types of smoke & vapor devices.
- Redlight may conditionally allow a pre-approved pet to stay in the Studio Suite and this pet be counted as one of the allowable guests. Request must be made by email prior to reservation. Fees may apply. Pets are not allowed in any other area on the Redlight property.
- Guests must never provide key code information to any person, other guest in another room or unregistered guests.
- Guests must never open exterior doors for or provide entrance to others unless with consent of Redlight staff.
- Unregistered guests are not permitted in the sauna, bunkrooms, private rooms, movie room, library or kitchen/dining rooms. Redlight staff must give consent for any unregistered guest tours.
- Your reservation shows the maximum number of guests permitted in your room. If your room exceeds this number, you will be charged for every additional person at a rate of $80 / person and you and your party may be evicted.
- All deck and porch areas: 8:00 am to 9:30 pm
- Dry sauna (Notify staff if interested): 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm
- Attic space: 9:00 am to 9:30 pm
- Communal Dining Room & Kitchen: 7:00 am to 10:30 pm
- Bar (beer, wine & snacks): Sun – Wed 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm; Thurs – Sat 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Reception (by phone): 9:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Quiet hours: 11:00 pm to 9:00 am ·
- Guests must use exhaust hood fan and shut hallway door while cooking.
- Guests must drip-dry and store kitchen dishes & utensils on the racks or on the black mesh surfaces on the kitchen shelves.
- Masking tape & permanent markers are available for guests to mark name and date on all personal food items.
- Redlight is intolerant of food theft.
- Guests must clean up the kitchen immediately after cooking meals and clean the dining room after eating.
- Guests may only store food and drink in the communal kitchen area. Food is not allowed in bed or bunk rooms.
- Alcohol is NOT permitted in the sauna or bunk rooms.
- Guests in shared bath accommodations may rent shampoo & conditioner bottles at front desk.
- Guests must clean bathrooms after use and remove all personal items from the bathroom. Toilet lids must remain closed.
- Guests must wear shirt and footwear, such as flip-flops or shoes, in all communal areas including bunkrooms.
- Flip flops, shoes or socks must be worn in all communal areas including dorm rooms – no bare feet on furniture.
- Clean linens are provided.
- NO sleeping bags or personal blankets, pillows allowed. If you need more linens ask.
- Leave dirty towels on private bunk hook or in the private bunk locker upon check out.
- Do not take towels, pillows or linens from other bunks.
- Linens & towels are changed each week for longer-term guests unless otherwise requested.
- Guests must NOT use sleeping bags and personal blankets in bunks or beds.
- Guests must always keep private bunks and bunkrooms tidy. Redlight provides hooks in bunk areas.
- Guests must leave rented unit (bunk bed or guest room) and common areas in conditions that they were found.
- All guests are responsible for any damages caused during their stay. Minor damages will not be charged if staff is notified. If staff is not notified of damage, guest credit card on file will be charged an additional $100 USD.
- Cost of any repairs or excessive cleaning will be charged to guest’s credit card on file.
- Missing towel charge is $25 per towel.
- Guests must be civil, respectful, courteous and polite with Redlight staff, and other guests. Guests exhibiting rambunctious, threatening, drunk or disorderly behavior, hostility, aggression, and/or violence are not tolerated by Redlight and will be immediately evicted, removed and/or locked out.
- Redlight is not responsible for items left behind. A $5 USD handling plus the cost of shipping and packaging will be charged to your card if you would like an item shipped.
- Redlight accepts NO responsibility for damage, loss or injury to any member of your party, vehicles or possessions. Redlight does not guarantee weather, road or snow conditions.
- Redlight respects the privacy of our guests and does not sell, rent or otherwise provide our customer information or database to third parties.
- Redlight may take photos in the public areas of the property and your image or likeness might be captured and may be used in promotional materials for the Redlight.
- Redlight appreciates guest notification of deficiencies in cleanliness, disrepair or safety as soon as possible.