The Chelsea International Hostel is one of the largest independent Hostels in New York City, operating since 1992. We are located in Chelsea, a prime location in the heart of Manhattan. From here our guests can walk to most of the attractions NYC has to offer. Highline Park is only 2 blocks away. Follow the lights and arrive in Times Square after a 15-minute walk. But if you prefer to ride the subway, feel free to hop on any of the many subway lines that serve us (A, C, E, F, 1, 2, 3). You can get virtually anywhere in the city in just a few minutes. Our simple, functional rooms can sleep one to four guests in single beds (in single, shared and private twin rooms) or double-size beds (in private double-bed rooms). We do not use bunk beds in our rooms. Every room is air-conditioned during the summer months. Most rooms will share bathrooms down the hall and the bathrooms are cleaned constantly. Every floor in any of our eight buildings has a bathroom; most of the times there is no waiting in line to use the bathrooms. Our guests love to gather in the outdoor courtyard, such a rare space in an urban area like NYC. Two kitchens, a dining room and a lounge complement our common areas. They are open from 7 am to 11 pm, in consideration to our good neighbors. Hotel taxes are not included in the rates. NYS, NYC Sales Tax: 14.75%. Occupancy Taxes: $3.50 per person per night. These will be added to your balance at check in.
Property Name: Chelsea International Hostel
Address 1: 251 W 20th st
City : New York - New York
Postal Code : 10011
- Fax services
- 24 Hours reception
- FREE Continental breakfast
- Hairdryers for hire
- Linen included
- Free wifi in common areas
- Lockers for hire
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 12:00 PM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Terms and Conditions
- The deposit paid online is not refundable. The deposit is for each night's accommodation. If you cancel any nights, then the deposit for that night will be lost.
- All guests must show a valid passport to check in. This policy is also valid for American and Canadian citizens. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Hotel taxes are not included in the rates shown online. NYS, NYC Sales Tax: 14.75%. Occupancy Taxes: $3.50 per person per night. These will be added to your balance.
- Full payment is due upon arrival. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Traveler Checks or Cash. We also require a $10 cash key deposit upon check in.
- All guests must be 18 years old or older to stay with us.
- Maximum stay in our hostel is 14 nights in any given 30 days. We will not accept consecutive reservations that add up to more than 14 nights.
- Check in starts at 3 PM. You can check in anytime after that. Front Desk is open 24 hours.
- Check out time is 12 PM (noon).
- Luggage storage is available for an additional fee ($4 - $5).
- Beds and rooms are assigned on the arrival day. We will do our best to accommodate any requests you may have, but when you book shared rooms we cannot guarantee that a party of 2 or more guests will be staying together in the same room.
- Pets are not allowed in our hostel.
- Smoking is not allowed in any of our facilities.
- No guests (outsiders) are permitted in our facilities.
- All common areas close at 11 PM. These common areas include the kitchens, courtyard, lounge and TV rooms. They are open again at 7 AM.
- Chelsea International Hostel is not responsible for personal property.
- Packages: As a courtesy, we will accept packages for guests that are currently checked in to our system. We cannot accept packages before a guest checks in or after a guest checks out. The name on the package must match the name on the reservation. If the name on the package does not match our system or if the package does not have a name, it will not be accepted. Please note that due to space restrictions, we cannot accept large volumes or oversized packages.
- Pictures of rooms are examples and the actual setup may vary from the ones on the pictures, dependent on the room type.