Nestled in a canyon roughly 6.5 miles from the highway, Hidden Canyon Retreat consists of nearly 400 acres. We have settled about 30% of the acreage, leaving the rest in its natural state. Wild turkeys, mule deer, cutthroat trout, a variety of birds - including golden eagles for most of the year - call the canyon home. We have two orchards that date back to the 1850's.
The motel building has twelve rooms and suites, a game room, a patio with comfortable lounge furniture and patio sets for picnics, and a hot tub that sits 400 feet away - a perfect place to rest and star gaze after a day of exploring Great Basin National Park. The swimming pool is approximately 1000 feet away and overlooks the lawns, motel building and glamping-cabin area.
There are four cabins, two with one queen bed in each and two with two-twin beds in each.
Our property sits outside of Baker, NV, on the Nevada/Utah border. We are 19 miles from the Lehman Caves entrance at Great Basin National Park. We boast a relaxing setting away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Spend your days roaming Great Basin National Park's extensive hiking trails and caves and your evenings relaxing in our quiet setting, getting back in touch with nature and your family.
***Please note: we sit off of a 6.5 mile county dirt/gravel road. Cell phone and WiFi service are VERY unreliable.***
Property Name: Hidden Canyon Retreat
Street Address: 500 Hidden Canyon Road
City : Baker - Nevada
Postal Code : 89311
Contact Name: Christina Woods
- Meeting rooms
- Swimming pool
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Property and Cancelation Policies :
Cancellation Policy: guests have until 3 pm five days (seven days for holidays and special events) before arrival date to cancel; otherwise, a one night's stay penalty may be charged. Guests under a group rate have their own cancellation policy. Please refer to the group coordinator or call the office for more info.
Terms and Conditions
By making a reservation with Hidden Canyon Retreat, you are agreeing to the following policies:
Please note: Cell phone and WiFi coverage are extremely unreliable. There is a landline available if you need to make a phone call.
- Hidden Canyon Retreat requires a five-day cancellation period (seven-day for holidays and special events - including the Astronomy Festival at GRBA). If the reservation is cancelled within this time period, a one night's stay will be charged to the card on file.
- All reservations require a valid credit card. Credit cards will be preauthorized in the amount of $1.00 to verify.
- All prices are subject to change unless credit card has been given to secure reservation.
- All room rates are plus lodging tax.
- All buildings are smoke free.
- Lodging payment is due at time of check-in; market items and alcohol may be added to the credit card at any time during your stay.
- Quiet hours are 9:00 pm - 8:00 am.
- Front desk hours are 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm; outside these hours, the front desk may be closed.
- All times are pacific time (daylight time is observed).