Siri wedamadura or “house of ayurvedic doctor” was originally built in 1849 and had remained in the same family until we acquired it in 2010. The house was in poor condition
and the gardens had reverted to impenetrable jungle. The property underwent a full renovations programme under MMP Architects (Pvt) Ltd.The decor is a minimalist mix of
polished concrete accented by the original wooden doors, hand crafted furniture and mostly locally sourced art. The lower part of the grounds has seen an extensive investment
in landscaping that raised the overall level of the property above water table and created 2 ponds. When the renovations were finished we have adopted our dog Mango from the
local dog rescue centre and she has remained with us ever since.
Property Name: Siri Wedamadura Villa by Colonial Villas in Sri Lanka
Street Address: Siri Wedamadura, 5.944889, 80.452904
City : Mirissa
Contact Name: Mark Wijeratne
- Foreign currency exchange
- Laundry service
- Swimming pool
- Welcome drink
- Fully Staffed
- Wi-Fi Internet
- Cable TV
- Hair Dryers
- Airport transfer (extra cost)
- Car available (extra cost)
- Laundry (extra cost)
- Massage (extra cost)
- Air Conditioned Bedrooms
- Yoga Instructor ( extra cost)
- Table Tennis
- Cooking Classes ( extra cost)
- Day trips
- Whale Watching (extra cost)
- BBQ Facilities
- Set Menus
- Shampoo & Conditioner
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 2:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
- Cancellation requests must be in writing via email.
- No show is subject to forfeiture of all payments made. No Show, No Refund.
- Cancellation Fee: 50% deposit is non-refundable. However, any balance payment may be refunded if you have extenuating. Please make your request in writing
- If Colonial Villas in Sri Lanka needs to cancel a booking prior to the date of your arrival, you will be refunded in full.
Terms and Conditions
- If your booking is made more than 60 days in advance, a 50% non-refundable deposit is required.
- Your booking is guaranteed when we receive the 50% deposit. This includes any delays caused by international bank transfers.
- If you book your stay within 60 days of your arrival date, the booking is guaranteed when paid in full.
- You booking may be cancelled if the balance is not paid at least 60 days prior to arrival. If we cancel your booking, it will be subject to cancellation charges. Colonial Villas in Sri Lanka will not be held responsible for any failure to pay in full by our clients or guests.
- A cash security deposit is to be paid on arrival at the property. This is security against damage or charges that may arise during your stay. The amount of the deposit will be equal to one days rent.
- The number of guests in your party staying at the property must be clearly stated at the time of booking, and must not exceed this during the period of the rental. We reserve the right, to refuse entry to your party, and/or terminate the rental without prior notice should this occur.
- Unreasonably noisy or guests behaving badly may be asked to leave the property without notice or reimbursement at the discretion of Colonial Villas in Sri Lanka
- We accept credit cards.
- Payments are to be made in UK Sterling [GBP], US dollars [USD] or Sri Lankan Rupees [LKR]. A pre-agreed exchange rate must be made with Colonial Villas in Sri Lanka.
- All payments due must be made in full.
- Bank charges are paid by the Guest.
- 14% Value Added Tax [VAT] is added to the total property rental price.
Colonial Villas in Sri Lanka recommends travel insurance covering illness (including known, existing and unknown, novel viruses), injury, death, damage, loss, theft, cancellation, events including Acts of God, terrorism or natural disasters during your holiday.
As such, Colonial Villas in Sri Lanka is not liable in any of the situations or circumstances for which we recommend travel insurance.This includes, but is not limited to:
1. Any substitute or refund any unused proportion of airfares, transportation, accommodation, tours or activities and other related services.
2. Liability for damage, loss, injury, or death sustained by residing clients, guests or visitors; both inside and outside the villa.
3.Every effort is made to ensure accuracy of information presented on our website and publications. These may change from without notice. This includes changes and alterations made by the villa owner. This may occur when previous guests cause damage or equipment breaks down, or the failure of utility services. (Water, Electricity, Internet) Liability for any related expenses that may arise from inconvenience caused to you regarding the condition of the villa.
4.Liability for loss or damage to personal belongings or visiting guests. This includes cars or other vehicles and personal belongings inside or outside the villa.
Arrivals and departures
We are ready to welcome you from the 14:00 Check In time. Please ensure you have your security deposit of one days rental in cash We accept GBP, USD or LKR. Check out is 10:00 AM. Please vacate the villa by this time.If you are taking late night flights; please book an additional night. If you require a late checkout we will try to accommodate you, but this cannot be guaranteed and is dependent upon the arrival schedule of the next guests. Prior to departure, a damage, loss and breakages check of the villa will be done. If everything is in order, the security deposit will be refunded with any adjustments or damage payments made.
We Welcome Your Comments
We need your feedback and comments to continue to provide our clients and guests with first rate comfort in your villa accommodation. There may be circumstances our control, and may impact on your experience. Colonial Villas in Sri Lanka will not be liable if it is prevented from performs its obligations caused by circumstances beyond its control including, but not limited to an Act of God, electricity or WiFi failure, fire, flood, epidemic disease, war, riot, and terrorism.99% of any situations that may affect your stay can be resolved if addressed immediately. If our on-site staff cannot immediately provide a solution to concerns you may have, please address your feedback or comments to the Villa Manager. Please use either an audio recording or chat message on WhatsApp or Telegram, or in writing via email. Phone number and email addresses are provided on your booking confirmation. Complaints will not be entertained after your departure from the villa.