Welcome to Beaufort NC’s best--the iconic
Built in 1985, Inlet Inn continues the hundred-year tradition of its original 19th century namesake, providing visitors charming waterfront accommodations and friendly hospitality. Inlet Inn offers a quiet, comfortable respite—hotel privacy with bed and breakfast amenities, charm, and service. Whether you are planning to walk the paths of infamous 18th century pirates, or just dreaming of a relaxed waterfront porch getaway, Inlet Inn is your home port.
For over three decades Inlet Inn has been the top choice of many repeat guests who’ve found it to be the perfect place to create their own memorable experiences. Inlet Inn has 36 large, comfortable rooms, many with their own private waterfront porch and rocking chairs. Several first-floor rooms even have working fireplaces, perfect for cool, romantic evenings. All rooms are furnished with original Lexington NC manufactured Link-Taylor pine furniture—now considered antiques and prized collectibles. Inlet Inn offers a fourth-floor Widow’s Walk Balcony and communal lounge. It also offers a third-floor hospitality lounge featuring a grand piano, ready to host an intimate event up to fifty guests. Find peace in our quiet courtyard garden. For those who’d like to snooze and cruise, Inlet Inn is only a few steps from sailing adventures and water taxi services to Shackleford Banks, Cape Lookout National Seashore and Lighthouse, and Carrot Island’s Rachel Carson Reserve—all offering half-day trips for an unforgettable experience with nature. But you don’t have to take a sailing adventure to experience the natural world—dolphins and wild horses are a familiar sight from Inlet Inn’s porches.
Inlet Inn’s waterfront location lies in the middle of the historic district, which one can experience by foot, bike, or golf cart. Mere steps from Inlet Inn you will find wonderful restaurants and shops, the North Carolina Maritime Museum and boat-building exhibit, a fascinating burying ground dating back to 1731, and the Beaufort Historic Site with its double-decker bus tours. Tree-lined streets featuring restored colonial homes thread the historic fabric of Beaufort. Retrace the footsteps of ancient mariners or Blackbeard’s legendary band of pirates. Whether from the comfort of your rocking chair, a cozy third-floor window seat, or Widow’s Walk Balcony, you will enjoy one of the best views on the East coast. When morning arrives, we'll deliver you a continental breakfast with Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, toasted bagels, and hot muffins to get you started for your next adventure.
Welcome to the iconic Inlet Inn.
Property Name: Inlet Inn NC
Address 1: 601 Front Street
City : Beaufort - North Carolina
Postal Code : 28516
Contact Name: Reservations
- Gift shop
- Photocopying services
- 24-hour check-in
- Accessible Parking
- Air conditioning
- All rooms disinfected daily
- Breakfast in the room
- Breakfast, Continental
- Cashless payment accepted
- Common areas disinfected daily
- Contactless check-in / check-out
- Express check-in / check-out
- Exterior corridor
- Family rooms
- Guest accommodations disinfected between stays
- Linens, towels, laundry washed per local authority guidelines
- Local safety protocols followed
- Non-smoking rooms
- Outdoor furniture
- Sanitized tableware
- Shared lounge / TV area
- Sun deck
- Vending machine (drinks)
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Late Check-out Hour: 12:00 PM
Late Check-out Fees: $40.00
Late check-out (after 11:00 AM and before 12:00 PM) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
- For cancellations made 48 hours or less prior to guest arrival or for no-shows, the full price of the room is non-refundable. ***Special event weekend reservations require two-week cancellation prior to date of check-in at 3 PM.***
- Deposits will be refunded if reservation is cancelled by guest 48 hours or more before arrival, OR, two weeks prior to special event weekends.
- No refunds will be made for early departure from the hotel.
- Any refunds allowed by Inlet Inn in its sole discretion after arrival must be requested within 30 days after departure.
Terms and Conditions
Guest acknowledges that checking into Inlet Inn constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Payment may be made with a valid credit card, debit card, or by cash.
- A first-night deposit, including taxes, is collected when the reservation is made through the online booking system or by phone.
- Full amount of stay will be pre-authorized on Guest's credit card before check-in.
- Payment in full is due to Inlet Inn NC, LLC at time of checkout.
- All prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change.
- A 6.75% sales tax is applied to all room rentals with exception to tax exempt organizations.
- A 6.00% occupancy tax is applied to all room rentals.
- Check-in time is 3:00 PM. Checkout time is 11:00 AM.
- Vehicle tag, make, and model are required for use of Hotel parking lot.
- Inlet Inn is not responsible for any valuables left in room(s).
- Pets are not allowed on premises and Inlet Inn reserves the right to evict Guest(s) with no refund.
- Parking is generally limited to one (1) car per room. Use of the hotel parking area is at the sole discretion of Inlet Inn. Other parking options are available offsite in the form of free and paid parking within walking distance of the Hotel.
- If a guest intends to keep a vehicle on hotel property during their stay, the vehicle's license plate number is required at time of check-in.
- Inlet Inn is not responsible for damage to or theft from any vehicle or boat parked on or off Hotel premises.
- Coins for Conservation funds are raised through a voluntary $4 donation added on to each hotel stay. 100% of each contribution goes directly to supporting the natural habitat and wildlife of Beaufort’s protective barrier islands in the Rachel Carson Reserve which includes: Carrot Island, Town Marsh, Bird Shoal, Horse and Middle Marsh Islands.
All donations are made to the NC COASTAL FEDERATION and FRIENDS OF THE RACHEL CARSON RESERVE nonprofit organizations actively promoting conservation and eco-friendly tourism development.
- To add to your donation, or opt out of the program, please visit the Front Office before check out.
- Specific room location and types of rooms are on a "request basis only" and are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Inlet Inn rooms are strictly smoke free environments. Smoking is allowed in designated outdoor smoking locations only. A room recovery fee of $100 will be charged for smoking in guest rooms.
- Inlet Inn, its directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and representatives, shall at no time be liable or responsible in any way whatsoever for any loss, injury, or damage caused or arising in connection with any transportation, hotel or other services or products of third parties provided through Inlet Inn, or as a result of acts of God, acts of Government or other authorities, wars, civil disturbances, hijacks, thefts, or any circumstance beyond its control. Inlet Inn reserves the right to cancel or modify a reservation, including the price, at any time prior to guest check-in if the reservation includes or was made as the result of a mistake or error of any kind, including but not limited to, a mistake or error in price or description of the hotel or hotel components, or where it appears that a guest has engaged in fraudulent or misleading activity in making the reservation. Terms and conditions are subject to change by Inlet Inn without notice. If these Terms and Conditions contain any provisions construed to be unenforceable or unlawful by a court of competent jurisdiction, the same shall be deemed modified to conform to applicable law, or if this would cause an unreasonable result, such provision shall be stricken from these Terms and Conditions without affecting the binding force and effect of any of its other provisions.
- All sales of hotel rooms and space take place in and are consummated in the State of North Carolina. Any claim, action or lawsuit (collectively, "Action") arising out of these Terms and Conditions, reservations and bookings, and/or all packages. products and services provided in connection with the reservations and bookings, including without limitation, components such as merchandise, packages, and room accommodations (all collectively, "Terms, Reservations, and Products") must be filed and maintained exclusively in any court in Carteret County, North Carolina having subject matter jurisdiction. These Terms, Reservations, and Products shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.