Property Name: Base Camp Guest House
Address 1: 1075 Pine Road
City : Revelstoke - British Columbia
Postal Code : V0E 2S0
Contact Name: Christiane Duclos
- Full Bathroom
- Pellet Stove Heat
- Access to Out-door Hot-tub
- BBQ & Oven/Smoker
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 4:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
All payments are non-refundable.
Since our BCGH Cancellation Policies must be more restrictive than a hotel, we recommend you contact your local travel agent for cancellation insurance to cover you in the event of an unexpected delay or cancellation in your travel plans.
*Please Note: Once a reservation has been confirmed reducing the number of guests in your party will not result in a corresponding decrease to the remaining balance.
We cannot offer refunds for absentee guests within your party. It is for this reason we suggest collecting payment from each guest at the time of booking instead of at the time of arrival. That way, if only 2 out of 18 arrive on checkin day, the cost of accommodations has been covered. Collecting payment from members within the group is the responsibility of the cardholder, not the responsibility of Base Camp Guest House.
Check-in is anytime after 4pm unless confirmed in advance with the Host. Earlier check-in times will happily be accommodated (where possible) at half a days rate. Please do not arrive Early unless confirmed in advance.
Terms and Conditions
PAYMENTS* Please note. Dates will not be held without payment. Rates variable and subject to change without notice.* Trail Passes and Tenure Fees not included.
We accept Visa, M/C, or e-transfer as form of payment. We are unable to accept any other credit card or cheques of any kind. We cannot accept personal or business cheques. For your security and ours, you must bring with you the same credit card you used for Deposit and Final Payment, along with Government Issued Photo ID. All payments received by BCGH are non-refundable. All Rates and fees (including cancellation fees) are subject to 13% Gov.Tax
NOISEBCGH is not a noise restricted property providing one group has reserved the Whole House, and the noise is kept indoors.*Regular hotel noise restrictions apply to Single Suite Rentals as well as all Hot-tubs.
ADDITIONAL GUESTSBase Rate for Whole House Rental includes 10 Guests, Base Rate for Upstairs (Polar Bear Suite) includes 6 Guests, Base Rate for Downstairs (Brown Bear Suite), includes 4 Guests Base Rate for Black Bear Suite includes 2 Guests, Base Rate for Kodiak Cabin Includes 2 Guests, Base Rate for Grizzly Cabin Includes 2 Guests, Additional guests are welcome at $40PP/Per Night. Day Guests are welcome until 9pm. BCGH reserves the right to request a Day Guest fee for use of Hot-tubs, BBQ, Showers, Sauna etc. Undisclosed guests will be billed to the credit card we have on file at $80 per person, per night. No exceptions.
GUIDINGBack Country Guiding is offered through Great Canadian Tours in conjunction with Base Camp Guest House. Trail passes and tenure fees are at the riders expense. Please contact for a quote.
PETSWe accept pets on a case by case basis for a small fee. Please contact us prior to booking. Undisclosed pets will be billed to the credit card we have on file at $250 Per Pet. No exceptions.
SMOKINGThank you for not smoking in the house. BCGH is a 100% smoke free environment. Smoking is permitted outside only. If there is evidence of smoking inside the house during the stay of ANY guest, a $500 cleaning and repainting fee will be applied to the Credit Card we have on file.
POWER OUTAGESDue to heavy snowfall, power outages can occur with some frequency. Please note: Base Camp Guest House does not offer refunds or discounts to guests as a result of a power outage.
- Please follow instructions on proper use of hot-tub cover lifting bar.
- Please return cover to hot-tub when not in use Deck is extremely slippery, Please use caution!
- Please remove snow from cover before lifting cover.
- Glassware is not permitted in the Hot-Tub under any circumstances. Broken glass in the bottom of the tub is very difficult to detect and can cause serious injury to other guests and damage to the tub. Please use plastic. If there is glassware found in or around the hot-tub a $250 Drainage Fee will be applied.
- If the hot-tub is found extremely dirty or has been damaged or a $500 cleaning/ repair fee will be applied.
- Please leave hot-tub on and jets off when not in use.
- Please use the coloured hot-tub towels for the hot-tub. Also, these towels (if left wet on beds) will tend to leak dye into the white linens. Please be mindful of this.
- Please do not use the outside hoses in the winter months. Water left in the hoses will freeze the hose and warp nozzles and washers. A $50 maintenance fee will be applied should this occur during the course of your stay.
- If the hot-tubs are low on water please send us a text, we will happily refill them for you!
BBQThere is a very large charcoal/cedar BBQ centrally located on the property for the use of all cabins and suites.The BBQ is to be left in the condition in which it was found…cleaned free of stuck on food. The best way to clean the BBQ is to close the lid for a few minutes after removing your food. Grease and food bits will burn off and the grill can be easily scraped with the wire brush provided.
FURNACEThe Polar Bear and Brown Bear Suites have one furnace and one temperature control (which is pre-set and regulates the whole house). What is a comfortable temperature for one individual might not be for someone else. Our suggestion if you are too cold might be to run a hot bath, have a soak in the hot-tub or put on a sweater. If you are too hot perhaps remove a layer of clothing, close the heat vents (Upstairs- floor, and Downstairs- Ceiling) and open a window.
- Hot-Tubs will be maintained as needed.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned every 2nd day.
- Bedding will be changed every 6th day (or on request)
- Towels will be exchanged on request.
- Please do not wash house linens in the Polar Bear Suite washer/ dryer. We will happily exchange them for you on request.
- There is a green bin on the south side of the carriage house (for household garbage). Please put empty cans and bottles in the blue recycling bins provided.
CHECK-OUTCheck-out time is PRIOR to 10am. More often than not, we have one group checking out and another group checking in on the same day. A late check-out by the first group will result in a hurried cleaning job and a disappointing postponed check-in by the second group. It is for this reason that Check-out time is no later then 10am. If the premises are occupied past 10am there will be a half days rate applied to the credit card we have on file. If the premises are occupied past 11:00am there will be a full days rate applied to the credit card we have on file.Late check-outs will be happily be accommodated at no extra cost provided that:a) it has been discussed with the host in advance
b) there is not a same day check-in pending.Please remember to consider Road Conditions and Avalanche Control Closures when leaving Revelstoke. Flights from both Calgary and Kelowna have been missed because of this reason. Updates can be found at www.drivebc.ca