We are a B&B that believes in the charm of the quaint and the small. We believe in warmth, details and personalized service. Nested in the still undiscovered and exotic South Pacific region of Costa Rica, Yabá Chiguí Lodge opens the gate to pristine beaches, lush rain forests, cascading waterfalls and meandering mangroves.
The lodge has been designed by architects specialized in Contemporary Tropical Architecture, who focus on low impact projects and proven concepts of sustainability. Therefore, each detail has been thought out to respond to such concepts.
Each bungalow is built on stilts; the rooftops are rhomboid in shape, high, slanted and with ample eaves. On the upper part of the walls, screens ease natural ventilation and also allow the sounds of the surroundings to come inside, day and night (Ex. the running stream, the rainforest animals, the rainfall and thunder, and much more). Ventilation is aided with a ceiling fan and a dehumidifier. We can also facilitate extra fans upon request. Hence, in accordance to our sustainable practices, bungalows do not have air-conditioning.
Maximizing the use of natural lighting is also a key practice. The ample glass walls and doors have been designed to efficiently bring natural light into the bungalow, but at the same time, they provide the sensation that you are outside close to nature. To achieve this goal but still give privacy, we have set up natural (plants) and artificial barriers too (blinds, shower curtains, frosted glass).
Daily fresh breakfast is included in the rate. Complimentary in-room coffee and tea.
Property Name: Yabá Chiguí Lodge
Street Address: 1.6 km following Papagayo Road
City : Ojochal - Puntarenas
Phone: +506 2786-5120
- 100% tobacco-free / 100% libre de tabaco
- Baggage storage / almacenamiento de equipaje
- Board games / juegos de mesa
- Free Wireless Internet / internet inalámbrico gratuito
- Massages (with reservation) / masajes (con reserva)
- On-site parking / estacionamiento
- Reservations / Reservas tours and restaurants
- Salt-water swimming pool / piscina de agua-salada
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Special Cancellation Policy - COVID-19***
As long as the World Health Organization (WHO) maintains the pandemic alert, cancellations for Regular Season bookings received:
- 15 days or more before arrival, cancel for free.
- 14 days or less before arrival, we will charge the total price of the reservation. However, the stay can be rescheduled (restrictions may apply for other seasons).
- 31 days or more before arrival, can cancel for free.
- 30 days or less before arrival, we will charge the total price of the reservation. However, the stay can be rescheduled (restrictions may apply for other seasons).
- 46 days or more before arrival, cancel for free.
- 45 days or less before arrival, we will charge the total price of the reservation. However, the stay can be rescheduled (restrictions may apply for other seasons).
Terms and Conditions
Booking & prepayment policy
- Prices on the website and charges are made in US dollars (USD).
- Cards accepted: Mastercard and Visa.
- We will charge your card a prepayment of the total price of the reservation once the "cancel for free" period has ended.
- Check with your credit card issuer if they apply any additional fee for foreign transactions. Some credit card companies charge an additional 1 to 3% for international charges. We do not offer refunds or credits for such extra charges.
- During Peak Season (Dic 23, 2022 - Jan 07, 2023) and Easter Week (Apr 1-8, 2023) we have a minimum stay of two nights.
- The Brunka, Cabecar and Maleku bungalows can accommodate one child (9-years-old or younger), by using the sofa as a day-bed (160 x 60 cm).
- The Teribe bungalow can accommodate two children (12-year-old or younger), by using the Queen trundle-bed.
- Check-in time is 14:00 - 18:00. If you need a different check-in hour, please let us know.
- Check-out time is 10:00.
- Breakfast is served from 07:30 to 09:00. If possible, we will gladly serve before or prepare a box breakfast, but please let the Lodge's personal know at least 24 hours in advance.
- For reasons of general wellbeing and respect to nature, and due to it being a legal requirement in Costa Rica, it is strictly forbidden to smoke inside the Lodge premises.
- Because of wildlife roaming the Lodge's surroundings and for safety reasons and respect to other guests, pets are not allowed.
- The bungalows do not have TV or telephone because we do not want to disturb the beautiful orchestra of the forest and the stream. Do not worry; you will not miss them.
- Yabá Chiguí Lodge seeks to ensure a safe stay for you, your family and your belongings. For this, permanent personnel will be hired, and safe boxes will be available in each bungalow. Nonetheless, we kindly request you to take the necessary precautions to safeguard your belongings.
- The parents or adults in charge will be responsible for the care and supervision of children within the premises, particularly in the swimming pool area and on the decks of the bungalows. Do take into consideration the proximity of the forest and the stream, where wildlife is abundant.
- We request our guests to use the facilities reasonably and carefully. Any damage caused by misuse or negligence will be the guest's responsibility, including the cost of replacement and/or repair.