The Medano-Zapata Ranch is owned by The Nature Conservancy and managed by Ranchlands in a partnership model that emphasizes environmental conservation practices. Located on the eastern edge of the San Luis Valley of southern Colorado, the ranch borders the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve, the newest national park in the United States. Home to a conservation herd of bison that run in a single 50,000 acre pasture, the ranch also runs a herd of Angus mother cows.
Additionally, the ranch has a 17-bedroom Lodge that welcomes guests from around the world who are interested in exploring the ranch’s scenic and ecologically diverse meadows, wetlands, sand dunes, and cottonwood groves and learning about ranching’s role in preserving and protecting these natural landscapes.
Property Name: Zapata Ranch
Address 1: 5305 STATE HIGHWAY 150
City : MOSCA - Colorado
Postal Code : 81146
Contact Name: Katrina Flynn
Phone: 719 378 2356
- Gift shop
- Laundry service
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 2:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
We always strive to do right by our guests while maintaining the business policies and practices we have in place to help us manage through situations just like Covid-19. It is because of the very nature of unexpected situations that we strongly recommend that guests obtain travel protection insurance. If you sadly must cancel your reservation for any reason including illness or injury and do so outside of one month prior to your arrival date, you will receive 50% of your deposit back. If you cancel within one month of your arrival date, none of your deposit will be refunded. Any retained portion can be put towards a future stay at Ranchlands within two years. If you think you won’t be able to make use of your credit, you may transfer it to another party of your choosing. If your state or country has a travel ban in place, we suggest that you do not book until that is lifted. If your state or country implements a travel ban after you have booked and it is in place at the time you are due to travel, you are eligible for a refund. If any travel bans are in place at the time of booking and have not been lifted at time of your stay, you are not eligible for a refund.
Terms and Conditions
- We do not provide alcohol, please feel free to bring your own. The nearest liquor store is 30 minutes away so we encourage you to make a stop prior to arriving at the ranch.
- Self-service laundry facilities are available to you during your stay for no additional cost. They will be shared with other guests, and is available from 2pm - 8am
- A member of our staff makes a trip to town twice a week. Should you need something during your stay, we will be happy to retrieve it for you on this bi-weekly trip.
- Check in is from 2pm - 5pm, check out is at 10am. Do let us know if you will be arriving after 5pm as we will arrange for you to check in with our dining staff.
- We cannot accommodate pets.
- Ranch vacation guests may bring and board their horses at the ranch for $25/night. We provide an outdoor stall with dirt floor and water. We require proof of Coggins/health certificate, guests supply their own feed, must trailer their horse to the day's riding locations, and must be accompanied by staff member on all rides
- Access to the corrals or other areas on the ranch is limited to guests on a guided tour.