Visit Camp 28 in Scenic Rib Lake for an experience you will not
forget! Set up your camp at Camp 28 Restaurant & Hotel. Our hotel,
restaurant, and banquet facility are a year-round hotspot for sportsmen, families,
and anyone looking for a relaxing get away. Unforgettable meals, gorgeous lakeside
views, and delicious cocktails all await you at Camp28.
We are conveniently located on Highway 102 in Rib Lake,
Wisconsin, just minutes many outdoor recreation spaces.
Property Name: Camp 28
Street Address: 720 State Highway 102
City : Rib Lake - Wisconsin
Postal Code : 54470
Contact Name: Jonathan Resch
- Audio / Visual equipment rental
- ATM on site
- Meeting rooms
- Welcome drink
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Late Check-out Hour:
Late Check-out Fees: $20.00
Late check-out (after 11:00 AM and before 2:00 PM) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Full Charge - Full Deposit - If canceled within 2 days of arrival
Terms and Conditions
Cancellation and Change Policy
We ask for your understanding in respecting our cancellation, change and no-show policy. Please read carefully. If you must change, shorten, or cancel your reservation, do so within the timeframe indicated below for a full refund minus the specified change/cancellation fee (per room). If a reservation is cancelled or shortened after the cancellation period expires, the guest is responsible for full payment of the original reservation unless the room(s) is re-booked. Changes or cancellations must be made via phone or by email, and you must receive a confirmation email from Camp 28. There are no refunds for early departure.
Inclement Weather Policy: Rib Lake is home to intense weather from time to time. Cancellations due to weather will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please call to discuss your needs. We strongly advise you to purchase travel insurance if you are traveling during periods of inclement weather or have other reasons to suspect you may need to cancel your reservation. We thank you for your understanding!
Re-booking Policy: If you cancel your reservation after the cancellation period expires, we will attempt to re-book your room. If your room is re-booked, you will be charged the applicable change/cancellation fee noted below, plus a processing fee equal to 10% (plus tax) of the original reservation amount. If your room does not re-book, you are responsible for full payment of the original reservation. Please note that our re-booking policy applies only to reservations booked directly through the hotel and not through online travel agencies. It does not apply to “Nonrefundable reservations” as noted below.
Cancellation periods and fees
• Standard reservation: $25 change/cancellation fee per room if reservation is shortened, changed, or canceled at any time up to 48 hours prior to arrival. If less than 48 hours prior to arrival, you are financially responsible for the full reservation unless room is re-booked (see re-booking policy, above). Please see policies for “Special Dates (A) and (B),” below.
• Stays of five nights or longer, or group reservations of 3 rooms or more: $25 change/cancellation fee per room if reservation is shortened, changed, or canceled at any time up to 7 days prior to arrival. If less than 7 days prior to arrival, you are financially responsible for the full reservation unless room(s) is re-booked (see re-booking policy, above).
• Special Dates (A): Ice Age Days: Room rates are considered nonrefundable and will be charged at the time of booking. However, should the unexpected occur and you must cancel your reservation, we will, as a courtesy, attempt to rebook your room. If your room rebooks at the guaranteed rate, you will be refunded for the rebooked nights minus a $25 cancellation fee per room and 10% plus tax re-booking fee per room night. The following dates apply for 2021: August 6-11
• Special Dates (B): Other special events, holidays: $25 change/cancellation fee per room if reservation is shortened, changed, or canceled at any time up to 7 days prior to arrival. If less than 7 days prior to arrival, you are financially responsible for the full reservation unless room is re-booked (see re-booking policy, above). The following dates apply for 2021: January 1-2, February 12-14, May 20-22, May 28-30, July 2-4, September 3-6, November 4-7, November 19-27, December 24-26, December 31-January 2, 2022.
• Nonrefundable reservation: Occasionally we offer a nonrefundable promotional rate. These rates are considered nonrefundable, and your reservation will be charged at the time of booking. Changes to the reservation are not permitted after booking.
• Reservation booked through travel agencies and outside sources: Our best rates and most flexible cancellation policies are available when you book directly with our hotel. For reservations booked through online travel agencies or other third-party sources, the cancellation policy that applies will be the policy stated on the booking confirmation sent by the booking agency. Nonrefundable reservations booked through online travel agencies are strictly nonrefundable and no re-booking policy applies.
• Full property rentals: Your rental agreement will specify the terms of your rental and the specific cancellation policy that applies. All online bookings of full-property rentals are subject to management review and a separate rental agreement is required. Online bookings of full-property rentals will be considered unconfirmed reservation requests until you receive specific communication and instruction from the hotel.
Check In and Checkout
Check in is between 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. If you are arriving later than 7:00, it’s no problem, but please let us know so that we can make arrangements. Checkout is 11:00 a.m. We have a small staff that needs time to prepare rooms for arriving guests. If you require more time, a late checkout can sometimes be arranged with prior notification for an additional hourly fee. Please call to submit your request the night before.
Children are welcome at Camp 28, and we have various accommodations available for them. Please call ahead to state your individual needs. If you have fur babies/children, please see our Pet Policies below.
Credit Card Authorization and Payment
A valid credit card is required to make a reservation. We accept all major credit cards. Your credit card will be charged for the full reservation amount at the time the cancellation period expires (see Cancellation and Change Policy above for cancellation periods). If using a debit card, please note that your bank will hold your funds at this time; for this reason, bank cards are typically discouraged for all hotel reservations. Your credit card and a valid ID must be presented at check in, at which time you will be charged. For alternate forms of payment or third-party payment, please inquire.
Damage to Property
Guests are responsible for any damage or loss they cause to the property. Guests may be charged for, or charged cleaning fees for:
• Damaged, destroyed or excessively soiled towels, linens, and other soft goods.
• Damage to furniture (dressers, mattresses, lamps, chairs, etc.)
• Excessive cleaning (Large amounts of trash, pet stains, excessively dirty fixtures, large messes, etc.)
• Hazardous materials. (This refers to the cleaning and disposal of blood and bodily fluids, used needles, and human or pet waste.) Please see a member of management if you require a SHARPS container.
For full property reservations and in other situations under management’s discretion, a damage and security deposit will be required. Also see “No Smoking, No Candles, No Incense” below.
Desk Hours and After-Hours Service
Camp 28 is hosted during business hours in the restaurant and bar. (Wednesday-Friday, 11am-Bar close. Saturday-Sunday 7am-Bar Close)
Management and staff are available after hours to tend to your needs. A number will be provided for you to call should you need assistance at any hour, day or night.
Due to our small, home-like environment, and to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of all guests, we have special policies regarding group reservations. Group reservations are limited to a maximum of 10 guests (typically 3-5 rooms), except in the case of full-property rentals. Before booking online, please email us regarding your group’s stay so that we can mutually determine if our hotel is a good fit for you. All group rentals of 5 or more rooms will be reviewed by management prior to official confirmation. Therefore, reservation requests submitted online for 5 or more rooms, or individual online reservation requests that constitute a group reservation of 5 or more rooms, are considered unconfirmed requests until personally confirmed by a manager via email.
Our hotel has 11 rooms. Room 109 is located on the second floor and can be accessed from ground level by parking in the rear parking lot. The room is ADA accessible and out-of-room amenities can be arranged by discussing your needs with our staff at check-in.
Housekeeping and In-room Amenities
A coffee maker and supplies are provided at no extra charge to each guest room. Each room has a mini-fridge and microwave for your convenience.
We offer DISH service in all our guest rooms. Any troubleshooting issues with the television systems should be directed to the staff in the bar or restaurant.
Our bar televisions feature numerous sporting events throughout the year, provided by DirecTV.
Ice is complimentary and available at the check in desk in the restaurant or can be provided by the bar-tender after the restaurant has closed.
Snacks are available for purchase after-hours in the bar.
Maid service may be requested by placing the “Please make up my room” placard on the outside door handle. Housekeeping will check doors daily for these cards but will not enter your room unless they are present. If you wish to not be disturbed by housekeeping or management, please use the reverse side of the same placard that says, “Do not disturb”. Placards will be hanging on the inside door handle when you check into your room.
You must be 18 to rent our property or occupy a guest room without a parent.
Minimum Night Stay
Our minimum night stay policy is one night, however for certain events, dates, and availability scenarios this policy may change. Our online booking engine will notify prospective guests if this is the case.
No Smoking, No Candles, No Incense.
Camp 28 is strictly a nonsmoking facility. Smoking is allowed outdoors in designated smoking areas around the property. Smoking is not allowed in the building, in guest rooms, and in certain outdoor areas. No candles, incense, or other strongly scented substances are to be burned anywhere on the hotel property. Evidence of smoking or use of candles or incense, including the smell of smoke in the room or in restricted outdoor areas will result in a minimum $250 charge plus the cost of any damaged property. Guests violating these policies may be asked to leave without refund.
All single guest rooms accommodate double occupancy, with space for a rollaway or crib for children. All double guest rooms accommodate quadruple occupancy, with space for a rollaway or crib for children, in certain rooms. If you need two beds and a rollaway or crib, please call ahead for availability. All visitors and guests occupying a guest room must be registered with the front desk. A $100 per night plus tax usage fee will be charged for unauthorized guests beyond the allowed occupancy limit per room.
Off-street parking is available but limited. One off-street parking space is typically available for each guest room. Additional free parking is available in our upper parking lot, including spaces for boats, RVs and trailers. We are not responsible for damage to vehicles, or damage or loss of property left in parked vehicles, regardless of location.
Parties, Events and Gatherings
We are a small hotel. Please do not come here to party in our guest rooms. Guests who disturb other guests will be asked to leave and will not be provided a refund. Thinking of inviting some friends over? Please check with us first! Due to the nature of our property, private events that include guests not staying at the property require approval. A separate events agreement and additional fees may apply. No parties, group gatherings, company meetings, etc. may be held without prior approval, and may forfeit your reservation without refund.
We are a pet friendly establishment with an added fee of $30 per night. We love our pets too, but please be aware that if damage occurs due to their stay here, a fee will be assessed based on the severity of the damage. Camp 28 cannot be responsible for injury or damage caused to other patrons by your pet so we ask that you keep your furry companions on a leash and away from others at any time they are outside of your room. If any injury or damage is caused to another patron, you will responsible and liable for any such event. Please consider this policy and include your pets in your travel plans at your own risk.
We do not provide telephones in the guest rooms because so many guests travel with their own phones. We provide a guest phone at the check in desk in the restaurant with free long distance. We ask that you be courteous to other guests and kindly monitor your time and volume while using the phone.
Please show respect for other guests and keep noise to a minimum between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. We are a small hotel, and we do have a bar that is open to the public. If you are coming in for a party, please limit those activities to the onsite bar. Do not plan to party in our rooms. Guests who disturb other guests will be asked to leave and will not be provided a refund.
All guests must be registered with the front desk. Only authorized guests may occupy guest rooms. Rooms may not be sublet, advertised for resale, or otherwise occupied by non-registered guest(s) without prior management approval. A usage fee will be charged for unauthorized guests.
Lost or Unreturned Keys
A $50 fee (per key) will be assessed for any unreturned keys given to guests at check-in.
Thank you for taking the time to read our policies!
We hope you will love every minute of your stay at Camp 28 and know how much we appreciate having you as our guest. We welcome and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to address any concerns or correct problems immediately — we want your stay to be great. If there’s anything we can do to improve our odds of achieving greatness, we hope you will let us know.