A warm welcome awaits you at Casa de Shalom “House of peace, completeness and well being.” At Casa de Shalom every effort is made to ensure a memorable stay, whether you are young at heart or in your golden years with special needs.
This B & B facility was uniquely created to accommodate couples, family, friends, business or leisure who desire their privacy and also some time together.
A conference/ ballroom area is also available to cater for your social life, weddings, receptions, prize giving, birthday, Christmas Party.
Feel free to contact us for any or all our services: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Property Name: Casa de Shalom
Address 1: Brownie Street, Content Gardens
City : Ocho Rios - Saint Ann
Contact Name: Suzette Hinds / Michael / Annette
Phone : (876) 974-8228 / (876) 460-2292
Email : email@example.com
- Audio / Visual equipment rental
- Free WiFi; Free Parking.
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 12:00 PM
Late Check-Out Hour: 6:00 PM
Late Check-out Fees: 50%
Late check out (after 12:00 PM and before 6:00 PM) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Partial Charge - 50% of Full Stay - If cancelled within 3 days of arrival
Terms and Conditions
The terms below will apply to your booking. Please read them carefully and let us know if you have any questions.
Terms and conditions – Casadeshalom, bed and breakfast room bookings.
Your contract with us
1. Your contract is with us, Casadeshalom bed & breakfast, which is registered with the Government of Jamaica under Shalom M.A.C. Business Enterprise Ltd.
Making your booking
2. You may request a booking in person (walk-in), by telephone, by e-mail, in writing or by OTA’s (Online Travel Agencies) which has been set up for your convenience.
3. You may only make a booking on behalf of someone else if you are authorized to do so and provided that, you agree to be responsible for that person's compliance with these terms as if they were the person making the booking.
4. Bookings are non-transferable.
5. If you make a booking for between 3 and 5 rooms (inclusive) for the same one night, we shall treat this as a Small Group Booking in which case paragraph 20 below shall also apply. If you make a booking for between 5 and 10 rooms (inclusive) for 2 or more of the same nights, or for more than 10 rooms for the same one or more nights, we shall treat this as a Large Group Booking in which case paragraph 21 below (but not paragraph 20) shall also apply.
6. A contract is only formed between you and us when we accept your booking request. No booking request shall be binding on us and no contract shall be formed unless and until we confirm to you that we have accepted your booking request.
7. If you have any special requirements (for example, because of infirmity or disability) please let us know at the time of booking. We will endeavor to accommodate your requirements, but our ability to do so is dependent on what these are and on the availability of a suitable room.
8. You must be at least 18 years old to make a booking.
9. We reserve the right to ask you to pay some or all the price of your booking in advance.
10. The price for each room per night is (except in the case of obvious errors) as advertised on our web site (casadeshalom.com) at the relevant time unless we notify you of a different price at the time of your booking. Unless stated otherwise,all charges are exclusive of VAT (10%) and room tax (1%) which (if applicable)you must also pay us at the standard rate applicable at the date of your stay.
11. The price includes overnight occupancy of a double room by one or two adults (plus children in the circumstances set out below) and the following morning's breakfast. No more than two adults (plus one or two additional persons) may occupy the room.Breakfast is served at the times advertised on our web site, or as other wiseadvised to you upon arrival. Other meals are not included in the price.
12. The price does not include the cost of any other of our chargeable services which you might use during your stay, such as the cost of drinks obtained at the front desk. You will be charged for any use you make of these services at the rates current at the time of your stay.
13. The price of your booking is payable in full on your scheduled day of arrival, less any advance payments we might have already received from you.
14. If you fail to settle your account before departure, your credit or debit card will be charged for the full amount due or you can settle this amount in person at the front desk with the designated personnel.
15. By entering into a contract with us, you accept responsibility for paying all charges due to us under the contract. By providing your credit / debit card details to us when making your booking you are irrevocably authorizing us to debit your card by the amount of this charge (and any other charges due to us under this contract).
16. Payment may be made in cash, by managers cheque or by Visa, MasterCard credit/debit cards and by PayPal.
Check in and check out
17. Your room will normally be available for you from 3 pm on your scheduled day of arrival. Please let us know if you are likely to arrive after 12 pm so that we can make sure someone is available to check you in. Unless we specifically agree otherwise with you, you must vacate your room by 12 Mid-day on your scheduled day of departure. If you do not do so, you will be charged for one further night's accommodation. Room keys/swipe cards must be returned to reception on departure.
Cancellation by you
18. Other than in respect of Small Group Bookings and Large Group Bookings (where paragraphs 20 and 21 respectively apply), you may cancel your booking at any time before (72 hrs/ 3 days) seventy- two hours before your scheduled date of arrival without incurring a cancellation charge, if you make the cancellation in writing /Email / OTA's (in accordance with paragraph 33 below).
19. If you cancel your booking after the time stated in paragraph 18, or if you do not take up your booking (a "no-show"), you will be charged for 50%
booked for initially and for the duration of stay (other than in the case of Small Group Bookings and Large Group Bookings, where paragraphs 20 and 21 respectively apply)
Small Group Booking
20. In the event of a Small Group Booking, the following terms apply:
(a) We reserve the right to require payment of a non-refundable deposit of up to 50% of the total price of your booking at the time of booking, and payment of the balance(or, if no deposit has been taken, the total price of your booking) at least 3 days before arrival ,and we reserve the right to cancel a Group Booking without liability to you if the balance (or, as applicable, the total price of your booking) is not paid by the due date;
(b) We require a list of all guests at least 3 days before arrival;
(c) If you cancel the Small Group Booking or reduce the number of rooms or number of nights required at least 3 days before arrival, we shall be entitled to retain the deposit (either in respect of the Small Group Booking or, as applicable, in respect of the rooms or nights reduced); and(d) If you cancel the Small Group Booking or reduce the number of rooms or number of nights required less than 3 days before arrival or if you do not take up your Small Group Booking in whole or in part (a "no-show"), you will be charged the price of the Small Group Booking in full (subject to any reduction in respect of rooms we are able to "re-sell" to customers for whom we would not otherwise have had available rooms).
Large Group Booking
21 In the event of a Large Group Booking, the following terms apply:
(a) We reserve the right to require payment of a non-refundable deposit of up to 50% of the total price of your booking at the time of booking, and payment of the balance(or, if no deposit has been taken, the total price of your booking) at least three to seven (3 - 7) days before arrival, and we reserve the right to cancel a Large Group Booking without liability to you if the balance (or, as applicable,the total price of your booking) is not paid by the due date;
(b) We require a list of all guests at least 3 - 7 days before arrival;
(c) If you cancel the Large Group Booking or reduce the number of rooms or number of nights required or if you do not take up your Large Group Booking in whole or in part (a "no-show"), the cancellation charges you must pay shall be determined by reference to the table below (subject to any reduction in respect of rooms we are able to "re-sell" to customers for whom we would not otherwise have had available rooms).
Length of time before the scheduled day of arrival (large Groups) Cancellation charge (expressed as a percentage of the applicable room rate for the cancelled room(s) for the night(s) in question – large Groups)
Over 8 weeks No charge.
Between 4 and 8 weeks 25%
Between 2 and 4 weeks 50%
Between 1 and 2 weeks 80%
Less than 1 weeks 90%
22. Subject to suitable rooms being available, one or two children between the age of 5 yrs. to 12 years of age or one or two adults may share a room with one or two paying adults. There will be an additional charge for such children / adults with an additional one or two beds been provided for the extra child / children or adult/s. There will be an additional charge of US$35.00 per person / per night for each such child or children/ adult/s for whom an extra bed will be provided. Children between 2 yrs. to under 5 yrs. will be charged an additional charge of 50% of additional charge over the occupancy for the room in question.Children under 2 yrs. of age stay for free with a responsible adult over 18 yrs of age.
NOTE: Room are charged as Double Occupancy Rooms and the same charge will be applied even if one adult over 18 yrs. of age is occupying said room. Multiple Occupancy Rooms are also available with/ for a minimum occupancy of 4 persons (up to 7 persons) and has a rate of US$140.00 per night /4 persons.Additional persons will be charged as in 22 above. You must let us know at the time of booking if you wish any children to share your room, and it will be our decision as to whether suitable rooms are available. You must not leave any children under the age of 12 unattended in your room at any time.
23 Smoking is not allowed in any of our rooms. If you smoke in your room, we shall charge you an additional US$100.00 to cover our costs to have the room cleaned. Smoking can be done at designated areas which can be had from the front desk.
24. We regret that, other than guide dogs, hearing dogs and other assistance dogs, no pets or other animals are allowed in your room.
25. We shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our contract with you that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (such as serious damage to our premises, serious adverse weather conditions, a pandemic or epidemic, or interruption or failure of utility services such as electric power, gas or water).
Our liability to you
26. Other than in the circumstances set out in paragraph 25, if a room is not available by your scheduled check-in time, our sole liability will be to use reasonable endeavors to offer you alternative accommodation at another nearby venue of a similar standard for a similar price.
27. Subject to paragraph 28, our total liability to you for any loss you suffer will be limited to the total price of your booking. We will not be liable for any losses which were not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into, or for any losses that were not caused by any breach of contract or breach of statutory duty or negligence on our part.28. Nothing in these terms excludes or limits in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, orfor any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit (or attempt to exclude or limit) our liability.
Your liability to us.
29. You will be liable for any damage you cause to your room or to other of our property.
30. Any error or omission in any information or document issued by us shall be subject to correction provided that the correction does not materially affect the contract.
31. If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
32. No person who is not a party to our contract with you shall have any rights under or in connection with it.
33. All written communications by you to us can be sent via E-mail, texted or via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.We may send written communications to you at either the e-mail or postal address you give us. 35. These terms shall be governed by Jamaican law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Jamaican / Supreme courts of Jamaica. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN OUR FINE ESTABLISHMENT Conference room Terms and condition
DESCRIPTION HOURS RATE US$
Standard Paradise Rooms 1 night see rates
The Royal King Suite 1 night see rates
Multi-Occupancy Rooms. (minimum of 4 persons to each Room) 1 night. see rates
Additional persons to any room above 1 night see rates
Conference Room usage for day function: 4 hrs. call for rates (With P.A. System, A/C + fan+ lights+ standby generator.)
(With P.A. System, A/C + fan+ lights+ standby generator.) 8 hrs. call for rates
*Rates are subjected to change with the value of the US$
2-3 months prior to event a 25% of the deposit will be charged and a refund 75% will be returned to the depositor.
If cancellation is done 1 month prior to event a 50% of the deposit will be charged and a refund 50% will be returned to the depositor. If cancellation is done 2 weeks prior to event a 75% of the deposit will be charged and a refund 25% will be returned to the depositor.If cancellation is done 1 week prior to event a 100% of the deposit will be charged and a refund 0% will be returned to the depositor. Payment for the multipurpose area for a period of 1-4 hours only unless otherwise agreed.Extra hours will attract an additional charge. Catering Casa de Shalom can also provide internal catering for the function. Catering will be provided for the amount confirmed and paid for.There will be no refund for absentees. The maximum overage will be 5 persons;payment for additional persons will be collected at the end of the function. If there is a decrease in the number of participants after deposit and confirmation has been made, a charge of 50% of the overall cost for those persons will be charged.Final payment and final count is due 7 days before your event. No additional food and beverages are allowed on property unless otherwise agreed and stated. Kitchen use Rental of kitchen for reheating (already cooked meals) only. Stove, convection, microwave and refrigerator use only is$25,000.00. Please be reminded that after cooking, kitchen must be cleaned up/ all items packed away and accounted for, as given from start.Please note that a deposit of J$10000.00 will be required in the event of breakage or loss of any items during the event /function which were provided by Casadeshalom. Breakage of large items e will attract a penalty fee equivalent to the cost of the items as is sold. Example the Chiavari chairs purchase cost is 12,000.00/$95 USD. Rental for the following items held at Casa de Shalom or other venue. RENTAL PRICES JAMAICAN DOLLARS Chairs $50/chair Chiavari Chairs $600 each Table (round) $400/ 6 seaters Table (Round) $600 /10 seater Table(Rectangle) $400/8 seaters Table (Round) $500/ 8 seater Knives and Forks $70/per set Chaffing Pan $500 each Table cloth(white) $150/cloth Water dispenser $500 each Spoons $30 each Water goblets $80 each Plates $50 each Wine Glass $50 each Water Glass $50 each Soup Bowls $40 each I have read and understood the terms and conditions outlined above and therefore agree to same. PLEASE SIGN AND RETURN WITH DEPOSIT NAME OF ORGANIZATION_____________________________________________ ADDRESS___________________________________________________________ NUMBER H:__________________W:__________________ CELL ______________ EMAIL_____________________________________________________________ DATE OF FUNCTION __________________________________________________ NUMBER OF PERSONS ____________ DEPOSIT $ __________________ BALANCE$______________________ NAME______________________________________________________________ (PLEASE PRINT NAME) DATE_____________________ SIGNATURE_____________________________ ____________________________ (CASA-DE-SHALOM) OTHER COMMENTS:
WE DO LOOK FORWARD TO THE PLEASURE OF SERVING YOU. SHALOM.