Property Name: Heart of The Village Inn™, Modern Vermont Bed & Breakfast, Shelburne VT
Address 1: 5347 Shelburne Rd
City : Shelburne - Vermont
Postal Code : 05482
Phone: (802) 985-9060
- Central Walkable Location
- Close to Shelburne Museum & Shelburne Farms
- Near Restaurants-Shopping-Sightseeing
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Custom-made Breakfast
- Dietary Options Available
- Complimentary WiFi
- Private Parking (1 Spot per Room/Suite)
- Registered Guests Only
- Private Bathrooms in All Rooms
- In-Room AC (Late Spring - Early Fall)
- In-Room Heat (Late Fall - Early Spring)
- Check-in 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Limited Daily Room Refreshment
- Check-out by 11:00 am
- Adults-only B&B
- Smoke-free Property
- Pet-free Rooms
- No-shoes Property
- Not Wheelchair Accessible
- No Elevators
- Express Self-Checkout
- Special Offers for Special Guests
- Contact Us with Any Questions!
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Our goal is to create a relaxed welcoming environment where every happy guest feels welcome and at home at our Bed & Breakfast. To ensure a delightful experience at Heart of the Village Inn B&B, we encourage prospective guests to review our property information, house rules, and policies prior to making a reservation. This information is available on our Official Website, during our direct online reservation process as well as in our confirmation email sent to all of our guests regardless of the booking source.
HEART OF THE VILLAGE INN™ RESERVATION & CANCELLATION POLICIES
- Reservations must be made online - ideally, on our Official Website so you could learn everything there is to know about our Inn prior to your stay. Additionally, by booking directly with us, you will avoid paying a commission to a 3rd party. Online booking also offers a wonderful ability to do research on your schedule and finalize your reservation when you are ready. Upon successful completion of a reservation, you will receive an automated notification email and a confirmation e-mail shortly after booking with details of your reservation and processed payment. Please contact us ASAP if you have not received your reservation confirmation from us via e-mail within 24 hours of booking.
- Room rates are charged per night and are based on double occupancy, King & Queen rooms have a 2-person maximum occupancy limit. 2-bed/Family Suites have a 4-person maximum occupancy limit, and there is an additional charge for the 3rd and 4th guest. Rates vary depending on season and time of year and are displayed in our online reservation system. Nightly rates shown do not include taxes and fees (added at the time of booking). Room rates include overnight stays for the booked time frame in selected rooms along with all amenities expressly described on our website, a full custom-made plated breakfast each morning for guests listed on the reservation, Wifi access, as well as one unassigned off-street parking spot parking for one standard-sized vehicle during nights of your reservation. Room rates exclude any other products or services, implied or not explicitly stated. Rates published online are only valid for reservations made by a responsible party online. Reservations made over the phone carry an additional $20 fee per day per room and are not eligible for any Special Offers.
- Full prepayment is required for all reservations. The name and contact details listed on the reservation must match the cardholder's information. Our secure online reservation system processes bookings in real time, and confirmation is immediate. We accept most major credit cards. We do not accept Bed&Breakfast.com or any other 3rd party gift cards/certificates. Please email us to redeem a Heart of the Village Inn™ gift card or certificate (we only accept in-house gift cards/certificates issued after May 1, 2015).
- Because we are a small inn, cancellations have a huge negative financial impact on us. Once a room is reserved, it is no longer available for booking by other interested travelers. In order to avoid cancellation fees listed below, please only book your stay if your travel plans have been finalized. Our cancellation policies apply regardless of cancellation reasons. We encourage prospective guests to consider purchasing trip insurance through InsureMyTrip.com or other trip insurance providers.
- Cancellation and modification requests for reservations made directly with us (on our website www.heartofthevillage.com) must be submitted via email to email@example.com as a reply to your direct reservation confirmation.
- A minimum 10% processing fee applies in all cancellation situations. If we are not able to rebook canceled nights of a reservation, the following additional conditions apply: Cancellations received 31+ days prior to the arrival date are assessed a non-refundable processing fee in the amount of 30% of the reservation cost. Cancellations received within 30 days of the arrival date are non-refundable. If we are able to successfully rebook canceled room nights, a 90% refund will be issued to the original payment method on file.
- Shortening a reservation is treated as a cancellation.
- In lieu of cancellation, reservations may be rescheduled for a later date provided a rescheduling request is emailed to us at least 7 days prior to the arrival date. A 10% rescheduling fee applies in all situations. Reservations may not be rescheduled for future dates coinciding with US federal, public, secular, and religious holidays, any high-demand dates, as well as weekends in May, August, September, and October.
- If our rooms are not available during your anticipated travel dates or our regular rates do not work for your budget, you are welcome to join the waitlist or submit an offer. Please use the "Additional Notes" section on the reservation page to confirm your requested stay dates, room preferences, number of guests, and rate flexibility. Reasonable requests will be considered. Submitting such requests does not constitute making a reservation. All standard guest information and a nominal USD $1.00 payment via a valid credit card will be required to submit your request. This option is not available for same day / next day arrivals, cannot be combined with other offers or discounts, and requires full non-refundable prepayment. All other standard policies and rules apply. We will contact you via email to discuss your waitlist status or your offer within 24 hours after your request/offer submission. If we are unable to consider your request, you will receive a cancellation email.
- Reservations made elsewhere may not be canceled/modified through us under any circumstances. Please refer to your original confirmation email sent to you by the external 3rd party website or travel agency where your reservation was made for all applicable cancellation policies and processes.
Terms and Conditions
HEART OF THE VILLAGE INN™ GENERAL POLICIES, TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- By making and completing a reservation for a stay at Heart of the Village Inn, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and accepted Heart of the Village Inn's Policies, Terms & Conditions, and House Rules in their entirety on behalf of all persons staying with us as part of your reservation. We emphasize the importance of sharing all of this information with your travel companions staying with us as part of your reservation since the Booker / Cardholder is financially and legally responsible for their entire group.
- For your convenience and reference, the full T&C/Policies/Rules information listed on this page is made available to you during the electronic reservation process on our website as well as in your confirmation email.
- Heart of the Village Inn™ may make changes to these T&Cs/Policies/Rules at any time without notifying its website visitors and guests. All reservations are governed by the T&Cs/Policies/Rules in effect and accepted at the time of booking.
- Travel agents and sponsors booking for other persons are fully responsible for securing the prospective guests' acceptance of our T&Cs, Policies, and Rules. By making a reservation on someone else's behalf, you acknowledge that you secured such acceptance.
- By Vermont state law, guests may not consume alcoholic beverages purchased elsewhere in any common indoor/outdoor areas of the property.
- Heart of the Village Inn is a business licensed by Vermont DLL Department of Liquor Control and offers an assortment of Vermont-made malt and vinous beverages for sale. Alcoholic beverages are sold by the bottle/can only. No refunds may be issued for alcohol purchases. Must be 21 or older with a valid state-issued ID to purchase/consume alcoholic beverages on the Inn's premises. The Inn reserves the right to limit or refuse to sell alcohol to guests who may appear intoxicated.
- Beverages purchased by guests from the Inn may be consumed in the Inn’s common areas (indoors/outdoors) within designated boundaries, as well as in guests' rooms.
- Check-in is between 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm local time on an appointment basis. We require guests to communicate their ETA to us at the time of making a reservation and to keep us posted if it changes.
- Early check-in may only be offered based on availability and a $50/room non-refundable fee. Late check-in may only be offered based on a minimum 48 hour advance notice / prior communication.)
- Only guests listed on the reservation are allowed on the property. Other persons may not enter the Inn's property.
- Upon arrival, please leave your luggage in your vehicle, as our entryway is very cozy and we may have other guests arriving around the same time. Depending on the location and size of your room, you will be able to determine your luggage situation after checking in. Generally, we recommend only bringing the essentials into your room and leaving large luggage pieces in your vehicle.
- A valid ID / credit card will be required at check-in. For reservations made using an American Express card, a Visa or a MasterCard credit card must be presented at check-in for any stay-related incidentals and fees. A nominal $50 authorization hold will be placed on your card for validation purposes. It will be released after check-out provided no outstanding charges are due.
- After-hours check-in is not offered. If a guest fails to arrive by 6:00 pm, no property access will be granted until 11:00 am of the next morning for multi-night stays. One-night reservations will be canceled per our cancellation policies.
- No-shows are treated as non-refundable cancellations.
- 11:00 am local time. Without the owner's prior approval, late check-out cannot be accommodated.
- Should a late check-out option (11am-1pm) be available, you agree to pay a $100 fee.
- Unauthorized late check-outs will incur a minimum full daily rate.
- Early check-outs are treated as last-minute non-refundable cancellations not eligible for rescheduling.
- Our guests choose Heart of the Village Inn for its tasteful balance of charming historic elegance, hip modern vibe, and relaxing experience - all of which appeal to adult couples. For this reason, our standard minimum guest age is 18 years.
- As part of your reservation, you agree to receive our emails and text messages related to your stay.
- Since we are not always available in person or on the phone, please use email and text messaging to courteously communicate with us prior to and during your stay.
- Rooms Service and housekeeping in a traditional sense, including turn-down service, are not offered.
- As a courtesy, we provide daily light room refreshment (limited to towel replacement and bathroom trash removal only). Each room is offered a full set of fresh towels per day on an as-needed basis. Additional towels are subject to an additional fee.
- Please let us know discreetly if you do not need your room to be refreshed during your stay or on a certain day.
- We do not offer luggage storage.
- We do not offer assistance with guests' luggage.
- The Inn is not responsible for any noise/disturbance caused by other guests or by any external sources.
- Our King and Queen rooms have a maximum occupancy of 2 adult guests (at least 1 must be an adult 21+).
- Our Barstow and Harrington family suites have a maximum occupancy of 4 adult guests (at least 1 must be an adult 21+).
- We do not provide additional beds, do not offer split beds, and do not allow additional guests in excess of our occupancy limits.
- No outdoor/sports/adventure gear may be stored indoors (common areas, guest rooms, or Inn's private quarters) or attached to the Inn's buildings in any way. The definition of “gear” includes but is not limited to: bikes, kayaks, skis, snowboards, strollers, beverage coolers, dirty boots and outerwear. Please keep these items in/on your vehicles.
- If you are traveling by bicycle and need secure covered parking, we offer basement storage for $30/day/bike (based on availability). There is no outdoor bicycle parking/storage on our premises - if you choose to leave your bike outside, you will do so at your own risk. Bikes or any other gear may not be secured to the Inn's buildings or property.
- We offer one complimentary un-assigned standard car sized parking spot per room/suite as part of all direct reservations (booked on our website). Our parking lot is small, hence the restriction.
- Reservations made through 3rd parties may be subject to a parking fee - please refer to your 3rd party reservation confirmation email. The same maximum one standard car sized spot per room/suite applies.
- Oversized vehicles and any additional vehicles will need to be parked in the Town's safe and secure public parking lot across the street next to the Shelburne Police Station and the Town Offices.
- Please return any borrowed items (books, games, etc.) to their original places prior to check-out.
- Please treat all of the Inn's property with great care. Any damage to the Inn's property caused by a guest will be repaired at said guest's expense.
- The Inn is not responsible for the loss of or damage to personal items. Please keep your vehicle and your room door securely locked at all times.
- We do not maintain Lost & Found. Any low-value personal items discovered after a guest's departure will be discarded. High-value personal items can be picked up from the Inn at no charge the day of the departure - we will make every reasonable effort to contact the guest via a text message. Should the item need to be mailed to the guest, a minimum $50 S&H fee will be charged to the guest's credit card in addition to any actual postage-related expenses.
- Absolutely no pets or emotional support / companion / comfort animals of any kind or size are allowed on the Inn's grounds and premises. Do not bring/leave animals in a vehicle parked in our lot.
- If you are traveling with an ADA service dog individually trained to do work or perform tasks for you directly related to your disability, please kindly let us know so during the booking process. Please be advised that pets, emotional support, therapy, comfort, or companion animals do not qualify as service animals. Service animals may not be left alone in guestrooms. A service dog handler is expected to control the service animal at all times and observe all handler responsibilities. Handlers who are unable to control their service animals will be asked to leave the Inn immediately
- Only registered guests listed on the reservation are allowed on the property grounds and in guestrooms. If you would like to have personal visitors, please discuss your request with the Innkeepers prior to your arrival / at check-in - you will be responsible for familiarizing your guest(s) with our rules and policies. Unexpected/unauthorized/uncooperative visitors will be directed to leave immediately.
- Certain areas of this private home are not accessible to guests. Guests have access to the common indoor/outdoor areas of the property. Guests do not have access to the Inn's kitchen, laundry facilities, basement, storage areas or private quarters. Only the guests staying in the Carriage House may access the Carriage House.
- Our historic buildings do not have elevators and are not wheel-chair accessible.
- The Inn is equipped with digital locks and a video security system.
- You will be provided a unique key code - do not share it with anyone other than your companion(s) listed on your reservation confirmation.
- Please remember to keep your room and the front door securely locked at all times (including at check-out). We would rather avoid charging fees for locking doors after you.
- You will be provided with your unique access info - do not share it with anyone other than your companion(s) listed on your reservation confirmation. Potential personal visitors are not authorized to have your access code.
- Unless you purchased an early check-in and/or late check-out options, your access will be active starting at 3:00 pm on the day of your arrival through 11:00 am of the day of your departure.
- Always thoroughly clean off your footwear prior to entering our Inn - let's keep the outside outside.
- You will be required to remove your outdoor shoes upon entering our Inn. We recommend bringing a set of indoor shoes for your comfort and for protection of our floors. For your convenience, we have shoe benches and shoe horns in the foyers of the Main Inn and of the Carriage House. Outdoor shoes are not allowed past the foyer / in guest rooms and/or common areas.
- In the event of inclement weather, please also leave your coats/jackets and umbrellas in the foyer.
- All guestrooms and indoor areas of the property are non-smoking / non-vaping. Minimum $500 cleaning fees apply and your reservation may be canceled immediately.
- Smoking outside is permitted; guests are responsible for proper outdoor disposal of used smoking products and accessories in the dumpster behind the property. (Do NOT bring them into your room or dispose of them on the Inn's property.)
- No candles, incense, or any other substances may be burned in the indoor areas of our Inn.
- We reserve the right to rescind / withdraw any special offers extended by us to you at booking or during your stay, should any guests listed on your reservation violate any of our Policies and Rules.
- We do not offer property tours. Our website provides a wealth of information about the Inn and each room's page contains a very detailed description and photos.
- We are a carry-in/carry-out operation. Do not bring trash into the Inn or leave excessive trash in the room at check-out (i.e. anything that doesn’t reasonably fit in the bathroom trashcan), as otherwise cleaning fees will apply. There is a shared dumpster / recycling bin behind the Carriage House in the Art Gallery parking lot and extra trash liners in the bathrooms. Should excessive trash be left in the room at check-out, the Innkeepers reserve the right to determine the final cleaning fee amount.
- Should a guest violate any of Heart of the Village Inn rules and policies accepted as a condition of making a reservation, a minimum charge of $250.00 will apply, such guest's reservation may be canceled immediately without a refund, and such guest may be removed from the property immediately.
HEART OF THE VILLAGE INN™ ETIQUETTE & HOUSE RULES
A Bed & Breakfast is a unique accommodation in someone else's home. A warm, personalized experience, lively yet unimposing atmosphere, unique ambiance, delightful breakfast and general courteous friendliness among guests and hosts are part of the appeal of our approach to creating your new favorite B&B experience. As in life, communication and common courtesy are key. A few important things to know about our B&B:
- Happy Place: Our goal is to create an environment where all of our guests feel welcome, relaxed, and at home at our Inn. To ensure the best possible stay for all we ask that all guests use common sense, common courtesy, and civility at all times.
- Hosts & Guests: Here at the Heart of the Village Inn™ there is no front desk, staff, concierges, porters, servants, bellboys, travel agents, personal assistants, or customers. This is not a hotel, this is a home. We are two fun happy no-nonsense adults who treat our guests as adults and equals; we do so with respect, courtesy and levity, and expect the same in return.
- Think Clean: We are a "no-shoes" accommodation. Snow, mud, gravel, sand, grass, leaves, and all kinds of nasty bacterial stuff stay outside. Please always thoroughly clean off your footwear prior to entering our Inn and remove your outdoor shoes upon entering our buildings. (We recommend bringing a set of soft-sole indoor shoes/slippers for your comfort and for protection of our floors.) For your convenience, we have shoe benches and shoe horns in the foyers of the Main Inn and of the Carriage House. In the event of inclement weather, please also leave your coats/jackets and umbrellas in the foyer.
- Think Secure: Just as everyone (hopefully) locks the front door in their homes, our front doors need to remain locked by our guests at all times for your own and everyone else's safety, security and peace of mind.
Property Description, Amenities, & House Rules
- This 9-room B&B is a historic property built in 1886 and converted into an Inn in 1997. While it's aging very gracefully, it is not new construction and does show signs of age.
- This is an adults-only property. Children 18 and younger are not allowed at the Inn May-October and during major holidays.
- "No Shoes" policy is in effect year-round for cleanliness reasons.
- There is no front desk at this property. There is no after-hours reception at this property. Guests arriving late without prior communication/approval won't be able to check in until the next morning. To make arrangements for check-in please contact the property at least 48 hours before arrival.
- Only registered guests are allowed at the property.
- Guest access is limited/restricted to their guest rooms and common areas only.
- Our historic Inn is not wheel-chair accessible, does not have elevators, and only offers limited ground level accommodation options.
- Our private bathrooms do not have roll-in tub or showers and offer limited grab bar options.
- Our historic Inn is not wheel-chair accessible, does not have elevators, and only offers limited ground level accommodation options.
- Our private bathrooms do not have roll-in tub or showers and offer limited grab bar options.
- The Inn offers hypoallergenic bedding in all rooms.
- While all of our rooms are non-smoking, occasional traces of second-hand smoke may be present as some of our guests do smoke outside.
- If you have a severe animal allergy, please be aware that: 1. We have a resident dog (not allowed in the Inn's guestrooms or common areas); and 2. Occasionally, we may have guests with ADA service dogs staying at our Inn. You may wish to carry an allergy medication/injector with you at all times.
- Complimentary custom-crafted breakfasts made with local ingredients are available daily 8:00 AM–9:30 AM in the Breakfast Rooms of the Main Inn building. Early breakfast may be offered during May Graduation/Commencement weekends and in certain additional situations based on advanced requests.
- Breakfasts are offered on an advanced reservation basis. We accept breakfast requests and specific time reservations at the time of making a reservation, at check-in, and during breakfast the day before based on availability.
- Guests with dietary restrictions or food allergies should contact this property in advance - we will do our best to accommodate them within reason. Please be advised that we are unable to accommodate unusual diets or severe allergies. Please refer to our Breakfast Menus displayed on our website for currently available options.
- Meals and beverages are only offered during breakfast.
- Breakfast in bed/room and breakfast to go are not offered.
- Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
- Available in some common areas: Free WiFi
- Lawn chairs
- Living room in the Main Inn building
- Reading nook in the Carriage House
- Special requests are subject to availability upon advance communication via email and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Quiet hours between 10:00 PM and 8:00 AM
- In-room climate control available on a seasonal basis (air conditioning window units and thermostat-controlled heat)
- Premium bedding in King rooms/suites, standard bedding in Queen rooms.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available. Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Mini refrigerators in King rooms/suites
- Noise-free rooms are not guaranteed
- Private bathroom (bathtub/shower combination or walk-in shower)
- Complimentary designer toiletries
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Free Wifi
- Shelburne Museum 0.7 miles south
- Shelburne Farms 1.5 miles west
- Shelburne Town Beach w/ Lake Champlain access 3 miles west
- Mt. Philo State Park 9 miles south
- Downtown Burlington 7 miles north
Food & Drink
- Restaurants within walking distance
- Coffee shop, grocery store across the street
- Local brewery, winery, and distillery 1 mile south of the property