Address 1: 5347 Shelburne Rd
City: Shelburne - Vermont
Postal Code: 05482
Contact Name: Heart of The Village Inn™, Modern Vermont Bed & Breakfast, Shelburne VT
Phone: (802) 985-9060
- Complimentary Parking
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Complimentary WiFi
- Limited Daily Housekeeping
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 03:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies:
For your convenience and reference, the full policy information is made available to you during our direct online reservation process as well as in our confirmation email sent to you regardless of the booking source.
Reservations, Rates, Promotions & Payments:
- Reservations must be made online - ideally, on this website so you could learn everything there is to know about our Inn and get the best rates. Online booking also offers a wonderful ability to do research on your schedule and finalize your reservation when you are ready.
- Room rates are charged per night and are based on double occupancy for King & Queen rooms and quad occupancy for our Family Suites. Rates are displayed in our online reservation system and may vary throughout the year. Nightly rates shown do not include Vermont state taxes (added at the time of booking).
- Promotional discounts only apply to online reservations.
- Full payment is required at the time of making a reservation. Our secure online reservation system processes bookings in real time, and confirmation is immediate. We accept most major credit cards and Paypal. We do not accept Bed&Breakfast.com gift cards. Please email us to redeem a Heart of the Village Inn™ gift card or certificate (we only accept in-house gift cards/certificates issued after May 1, 2015).
Because we are a small inn, cancellations have a huge negative financial impact on us. Once a room is reserved, it is no longer available for booking by other interested travelers. In order to avoid cancellation fees, please only book your stay if your travel plans have been finalized.
- Cancellation and modification requests for reservations made directly with us (on our website www.heartofthevillage.com) must be submitted via email to email@example.com as a reply to your direct reservation confirmation.
- Refunds can only be issued to the original payment method on file. Cancellations received 31+ days prior to the arrival date are assessed a non-refundable processing fee in the amount of 10% of the reservation cost. Cancellations received 15-30 days prior to the arrival date are assessed a non-refundable processing fee in the amount of 30% of the reservation cost. Cancellations received within 14 days of the arrival date are non-refundable.
- Rescheduling: Rescheduling requests received 31+ days prior to the arrival date do not incur a processing fee. Rescheduling requests received 15-30 days prior to the arrival date are assessed a non-refundable processing fee in the amount of 10% of the reservation cost. Rescheduling requests received 8-14 days prior to the arrival date are assessed a non-refundable processing fee in the amount of 30% of the reservation cost. Rescheduling requests received within 7 days of the arrival date are assessed a non-refundable processing fee in the amount of 50% of the reservation cost.
- Shortening a reservation is treated as a partial cancellation. Partial cancellations received 31+ days prior to the arrival date are assessed a non-refundable processing fee in the amount of 10% of the canceled portion of the reservation. Partial cancellations received 15-30 days prior to the arrival date are assessed a non-refundable processing fee in the amount of 30% of the canceled portion of the reservation. Partial cancellations received within 14 days of the arrival date are non-refundable.
- Reservations made elsewhere may not be canceled/modified through us under any circumstances. Please refer to your original confirmation email sent to you by the external website or travel agency where your reservation was made for all applicable cancellation policies and processes.
Terms and Conditions
By making and completing a reservation for a stay at the Heart of the Village Inn, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and accepted the Heart of the Village Inn's Terms, Rules and Policies.Below are our most important policies. (For your convenience and reference, the full policy information is made available to you during the electronic reservation process on our website as well as in your confirmation email.) The Heart of the Village Inn™ may make changes to these terms and policies at any time without notifying its website visitors and guests with current reservations, who are solely responsible for reading the most current version of our Etiquette, Policies and House Rules listed on our official website. We also emphasize the importance of sharing all of this information with your travel companions early in the process for obvious reasons. (If you are a travel agent or a sponsor booking for someone else, it is your responsibility to secure the prospective guests' acceptance of our rules and policies. By making a reservation on someone else's behalf, you acknowledge that you secured such acceptance.) Acceptance of these policies is required in order to make a reservation for a stay at the Heart of the Village Inn™.
- Our historic Inn is not wheel-chair accessible, does not have elevators, and only offers limited ground level accommodation options.
- Our private bathrooms do not have roll-in tub or showers and offer limited grab bar options.
- The Inn reminds our guests to not drink and drive. Please always have a designated driver or make alternate transportation plans.
- We are a Vermont Department of Liquor Control licensed establishment. By law, our guests are not allowed to bring their own alcohol into our Inn. Complimentary beverages may not be offered in licensed establishments.
- We have an assortment of Vermont-made malt and vinous beverages for sale. Our current selection includes sparkling wine (500ml bottles), dry and semi-dry red and white wines (750ml bottles), as well as 16oz cans of: double IPA, maple amber ale, maple stout, Belgian-style golden ale, and semi-dry cider.
- Valid ID required for alcohol purchases. Must be 21 or older. We reserve the right to limit or refuse to sell alcohol to guests who may appear intoxicated.
- Beverages purchased by guests from the Inn can be consumed in guests' rooms, in the Inn’s common indoor areas as well as in the Inn's back porch and back yard inside designated physical barriers.
- We sell alcoholic beverages by the bottle/can during limited hours between 12:00pm - 6:00pm. We do not issue any refunds for alcohol purchases.
- The Inn offers hypoallergenic bedding in all rooms.
- While all of our rooms are non-smoking, occasional traces of second-hand smoke may be present as some of our guests do smoke outside.
- If you have a severe animal allergy, please be aware that: 1. We have a resident dog (not allowed in the Inn's guestrooms or common areas); and 2. Occasionally, we may have guests with ADA service dogs staying at our Inn. You may wish to carry an allergy medication/injector with you at all times.
- Our delicious individually prepared custom-crafted breakfasts are included with your reservation and are offered between 8:00 am and 9:30 am. Earlier seating may be offered at 7:00 am and 7:30 am with limited menu options.
- We accept next-day breakfast requests and specific time reservations at check-in or during breakfast the day before. Seating during each time slot is limited - if you have specific morning plans, please email us ASAP with your time preferences.
- If you happen to have certain dietary restrictions, please let us know ahead of time, and we will do our best to accommodate them within reason. Please be advised that we are unable to accommodate unusual diets or severe allergies. We do not offer artificial sweeteners. Please refer to our Breakfast Menus displayed on our website for currently available options.
- We do not offer breakfast in bed or breakfast to go.
- If you would like to have a personal visitor join you for breakfast, please discuss your request with the Innkeepers well in advance. A $20 charge per additional person will apply.
- Innkeepers are available to greet you and help you settle in between 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm local time. We do request that you communicate your ETA to us at the time of making a reservation and keep us posted if it changes. If you feel that you may be arriving past 6:00 pm, please contact us ASAP to make additional arrangements.
- Should an early check-in option (1:00 pm - 3:00 pm) be needed, you agree to communicate such a need well in advance and pay a non-refundable $100 fee per room at least 24 hours prior to your arrival date.
- For reservations made directly on our website, late self check-in (after 6:00 pm) is available at no charge for direct reservations; 3rd party reservations require a non-refundable $20 fee paid at least 24 hours prior to your arrival date. The late check-in option requires additional prior communication between you and Innkeepers in order to take care of self-check-in information and breakfast arrangements.
- Innkeepers are not available for after-hours check-in. If a guest fails to inform us about arrival past 6:00 pm, either no property access will be granted or a minimum $100 hourly late arrival assistance fee will be charged should innkeeper assistance be required.
- No-shows are treated as non-refundable cancellations.
- 11:00 am local time. Without owner's prior approval, late check-out cannot be accommodated.
- Should a late check-out option (11am-1pm) be available, you agree to pay a $100 fee.
- Unauthorized late check-outs will incur a minimum full daily rate.
- Early check-outs are treated as last-minute cancellations and are non-refundable and not eligible for rescheduling.
- Our guests choose the Heart of the Village Inn for its tasteful balance of charming historic elegance and hip modern vibe, which appeal to adult couples. For this reason, our policy is to only accept well-behaved children 12 years of age and older.
- Parents/guardians traveling with children may stay in one of our two Family Suites (maximum occupancy of 4 guests).
- As part of your reservation, you agree to receive our emails and text messages strictly related to your stay. Reservation confirmation, pre-arrival courtesy reminder, and follow up emails are mandatory. Email newsletters containing information about the area are optional - please unsubscribe should you choose to stop receiving them.
- Since we are not always available in person, we request that our guests use email and text messaging to courteously communicate any important questions and requests to us prior to and during their stay.
- As a courtesy, we provide basic daily housekeeping (limited to towel replacement and bathroom trash removal only).
- Housekeeping is offered between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm only, provided your room is vacant during that time frame.
- Please let us know discreetly if you do not need housekeeping during your stay or on a certain day.
- Upon arrival, please leave your luggage in your vehicle, as our entryway is very cozy and we may have other guests arriving around the same time. You will be required to remove your outdoor shoes upon entering our Inn.
- Depending on the location and size of your room, you will be able to determine your luggage situation after checking in. Generally, we recommend only bringing the essentials into your room and leaving large luggage pieces in your vehicle.
- We do not offer assistance with bringing your luggage into your room, so plan accordingly.
- Out of respect to other guests and in compliance with the town noise ordinance, we ask that you refrain from late night noise after 10:00 pm.
- Our King and Queen rooms have a maximum occupancy of 2 adult guests (at least 1 must be an adult 21+).
- Our Barstow and Harrington family suites have a maximum occupancy of 4 adult guests (at least 1 must be an adult 21+).
- We do not provide additional beds, offer split beds, or allow additional guests in excess of our occupancy limits.
- No outdoor/sports/adventure gear may be stored indoors (common areas, guest rooms, or Inn's private quarters) or attached to the Inn's buildings in any way. The definition of “gear” includes but is not limited to: bikes, kayaks, skis, snowboards, dirty boots and outerwear. Please keep these items in/on your vehicles.
- We do not recommend staying with us if you are traveling by bicycle and need secure covered parking. There is no dedicated bike parking/storage on our premises. Bikes may not be secured to the Inn's buildings or property.
- We offer one complimentary un-assigned standard car sized parking spot per room as part of all direct reservations (booked on our website). Our parking lot is small, hence the restriction.
- Reservations made through 3rd parties may be subject to a parking fee - please refer to your 3rd party reservation confirmation email. The same maximum 1 standard car sized spot per room applies.
- Oversized vehicles and any additional vehicles will need to be parked in the Town's safe and secure public parking lot across the street next to the Shelburne Police Station and the Town Offices.
- Please return any borrowed items (books, games, etc.) to their original places prior to check-out.
- Please treat all of the Inn's property with great care. Any damage to the Inn's property caused by a guest will be repaired at said guest's expense.
- We is not responsible for the loss of or damage to personal items. Please keep your vehicle and your room door securely locked at all times.
- We do not maintain Lost & Found. Any low-value personal items discovered after a guest's departure will be discarded. High-value personal items can be picked up from the Inn at no charge the day of the departure - we will make every reasonable effort to contact the guest via a text message. Should the item need to be mailed to the guest, a minimum $50 S&H fee will be charged to the guest's credit card in addition to any actual postage-related expenses.
- Absolutely no pets or emotional support / companion / comfort animals of any kind or size are allowed on the Inn's grounds and premises.
- Please do not bring/leave animals in your vehicle parked in our lot.
- If a guest brings an unauthorized animal into the Inn, a minimum additional charge of $500.00 will apply and a guest's reservation will be canceled immediately without a refund.
- Only registered guests listed on the reservation are allowed on the property grounds and in guestrooms. If you would like to have personal visitors, please discuss your request with the Innkeepers prior to your arrival - you will be responsible for familiarizing your guest(s) with our rules and policies. Unexpected/unauthorized/uncooperative visitors will be directed to leave immediately.
- Certain areas of this private home are not accessible to guests. Guests have access to the common indoor/outdoor areas of the property. Guests do not have access to the Inn's kitchen, laundry facilities, basement, storage areas or private quarters. Only the guests staying in the Carriage House may access the Carriage House.
- Our historic buildings do not have elevators and are not wheel-chair accessible.
- This is a private home and your home away from home for the duration of your stay. Please remember to keep your room and the front/entrance doors securely locked at all times.
- You will be provided with your unique access info - do not share it with anyone other than your companion(s) listed on your reservation confirmation. Potential personal visitors are not authorized to have your access code.
- Unless you purchased an early check-in and/or late check-out options, your access will be active starting at 3:00 pm on the day of your arrival through 11:00 am of the day of your departure.
- If you are traveling with an ADA service dog individually trained to do work or perform tasks for you directly related to your disability, please kindly let us know so during the booking process. Please be advised that emotional support, therapy, comfort, or companion animals do not qualify as service animals. A service dog handler is expected to control the service animal at all times and observe all handler responsibilities.
- Please always thoroughly clean off your footwear prior to entering our Inn - let's keep the outside outside.
- Please remove your outdoor shoes upon entering our buildings. (We recommend bringing a set of indoor shoes for your comfort and for protection of our floors.) For your convenience, we have shoe benches and shoe horns in the foyers of the Main Inn and of the Carriage House.
- In the event of inclement weather, please also leave your coats/jackets and umbrellas in the foyer.
- All guestrooms and indoor areas of the property are non-smoking. Minimum $500 cleaning fees apply.
- Smoking outside is permitted; guests are responsible for proper outdoor disposal of used smoking products and accessories. (Do NOT bring them into your room or dispose of them in the bathroom trashcan.)
- No candles, incense, or any other substances may be burned in the indoor areas of our Inn.
- We do not offer property tours. Our website provides a wealth of information about the Inn and each room's page contains a very detailed description and photos.
- We are a carry-in/carry-out operation. Please don’t bring trash into the Inn or leave excessive trash in the room at check-out (i.e. anything that doesn’t reasonably fit in the bathroom trashcan), as otherwise cleaning fees will apply. There is a shared dumpster / recycling bin behind the Carriage House in the Art Gallery parking lot and extra trash liners in the bathrooms. The Innkeepers reserve the right to determine the final cleaning fee amount.
HEART OF THE VILLAGE INN™ ETIQUETTE & HOUSE RULES
A Bed & Breakfast is a unique accommodation in someone else's home. Warm, personalized experience, lively yet unimposing atmosphere, unique ambiance, delightful breakfast and general courteous friendliness among guests and hosts are part of the appeal of our approach to creating your new favorite B&B experience. As in life, communication and common courtesy are key. A few important things to know about our B&B:
- Happy Place: Our goal is to create an environment where all of our our guests feel welcome, relaxed, and at home at our Inn. To ensure the best possible stay for all we ask that all guests use common sense, common courtesy and civility at all times.
- Hosts & Guests: Here at the Heart of the Village Inn™ there is no front desk, staff, concierges, porters, servants, bellboys, travel agents, personal assistants, or customers. This is not a hotel, this is a home. We are two fun happy no-nonsense adults who treat our guests as adults and equals; we do so with respect, courtesy and levity, and expect the same in return.
- Think Clean: Let's keep the outside outside. Snow, mud, gravel, sand, trail dirt, farm grass and animal mementos belong elsewhere. Please always thoroughly clean off your footwear prior to entering our Inn and remove your outdoor shoes upon entering our buildings. (We recommend bringing a set of indoor shoes for your comfort and for protection of our floors.) For your convenience, we have shoe benches and shoe horns in the foyers of the Main Inn and of the Carriage House. In the event of inclement weather, please also leave your coats/jackets and umbrellas in the foyer.
- Think Secure: Just as everyone (hopefully) locks the front door in their homes, our front doors need to be locked at all times for your own and everyone else's safety, security and peace of mind.