Hillside Colorado - 12 mi. North of Westcliffe - is the perfect destination for a romantic getaway, family vacation, or special event. Five luxury cottages on 10 rural mountain acres, filled with gardens, meandering stream, and historic black willow grove. Enjoy gorgeous views both daytime and nighttime from our perfectly positioned vacation rentals and cabins, explore the nearby mountains, lakes, and rivers, and soak up the tranquil ambiance that Hillside exudes. We are a rural property near an International Dark Skies Community, and we welcome you for one-of-a-kind nighttime observations, and quietude not found in the city. Rent our entire 10 acre property + five cottages + Historic Hillside Hall for your wedding venue or special event venue, using Willow Vale Events as your event host (unhosted events not allowed).
Property Name: Hillside Colorado Cottages
Address 1: 59424 Highway 69
City : Hillside - Colorado
Postal Code : 81232
Contact Name: Guest Experience Specialist
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 4:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Full Charge - Full Stay - If cancelled within 2 days of arrival
Partial Charge - 50% of Full Stay - If cancelled within 13 days of arrival
Terms and Conditions
Policies for Hillside Colorado CottagesSHORT TERM VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENTThis Short Term Vacation Rental Agreement (the "Agreement") is made by and between Rocky Mountain Management, LLC ("Owner") and Guest ("Guest") as of the date of reservation. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property. The property is located at: 59424 Highway 69, Hillside, Colorado 81232.Each cottage property is furnished individually, but generally includes the following: a kitchen equipped with stovetop, refrigerator, microwave, hot water kettle, crockpot, pots/pans, cooking utensils, plates/cups/mugs; a full bathroom with shower & towels, at least one queen bed (actual specifications differ by cottage) living room furnishings & dining furnishings.
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and any additional persons, as permitted in the "Maximum Occupancy" section of this agreement.
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests varies by cottage from 2 persons – 8 persons. Guest hereby agrees to adhere to the maximum occupancy terms stated for the specific vacation cottage they enter into a rental agreement for. Additional adults and children in large accommodations For the additional guests in our larger accommodations, anyone 3-12 years old is considered a child, anyone 13 or over is considered an adult. 2 years old or younger stay for free.
4. Term of the Lease. The lease begins at 4 p.m. on the "Check-in Date"; and ends at 11:00 a.m. on the "Checkout Date".
5. Minimum Stay: This property requires a 1 night minimum stay, unless otherwise stated.
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Owner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Owner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
8. Rental Rate and Fees: Payment required is 100% at time of reservation. Terms may vary if reservation is made through a third-party site. Group Reservations are nonrefundable for the first 50% payment. Third-party reservations are 100% nonrefundable with 100% payment required at time of reservation.
9. If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform staff immediately via call/text to 719-623-7330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Cancellation Policy: Any cancellations made less than fourteen (14) days prior to the arrival date will be subject to a fee of 50% of the anticipated total reservation, unless otherwise stated. Two days prior to arrival, no refund can be provided. Your specific cancellation policy may differ if you booked through a third-party site, or if you made a group reservation.
11. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.
12. Payment: Acceptable payment methods are credit card, as identified at time of booking.
13. Illegal Activity: Guest agrees not to use the premises for any activities or purposes that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation or to engage in any illegal activity while on property; such use or activity will result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of all fees, and additional fees incurred as applicable to return property to equivalent quality prior to check-in.
14. Events: Gatherings and events are not allowed on our property for any persons in excess of those 18 guests contracted to stay within the cottages, as defined in the maximum occupancy section of this agreement. If there is a group event you wish to host on the property, a contracted event must be scheduled with an executed contract between you and our events provider, Willow Vale Events, which includes but is not limited to rental of bathroom trailer to provide necessary infrastructure for event guests. All terms of that contract apply. For an event to be contracted on our property, all cottages must be rented by those attending the event, and a Town of Hillside Property Use Agreement must be executed at time of reservation. Contact email@example.com to move forward with a group event request.
By reserving a cottage, Guest agrees to this Short Term Vacation Rental Agreement, including Exhibit A
Exhibit A: RENTAL RULES
1. Smoking of any substance is NOT allowed inside the cottages. Any smoking in cottages will result in a $300 fine plus possible extra charges for cleaning and fumigating the cottage.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Persons beyond the allowed guests listed above in Maximum Occupancy Section are not allowed on the property grounds, or to use the amenities of the property. If there is a group event you wish to host on the property, a contracted event must be scheduled with an executed contract between you and our events provider, Willow Vale Events, which includes but is not limited to rental of bathroom trailer to provide necessary infrastructure for event guests. All terms of that contract apply. For an event to be contracted on our property, all cottages must be rented by those attending the event, and a Town of Hillside Property Use Agreement must be executed at time of reservation. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to move forward with a group event request.
3. Liability Release: The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. PETS – WE OFFER TWO PET FRIENDLY COTTAGES (Cottage #3A and Cottage #3B), where one pet under 50 lbs is allowed. WE DO NOT ALLOW PETS IN THE FOLLOWING COTTAGES: Cottage #1, Cottage #2 and Cottage #4. ANY GUEST WHO BRINGS AN ANIMAL INTO A PET FREE COTTAGE WILL BE CHARGED $300. It is hereby agreed by and between Owner and Guest that the guest will adhere to the specific pet policies of the vacation cottage guest enters into rental agreement for. It is hereby agreed by and between Owner and Guest that the guest is allowed to bring a maximum of one pet under 50 lbs. to the cottage during term of reservation. No others pets will be allowed in the vacation cottage during the term of reservation. Guest hereby agrees that pet will be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other necessary vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended. All pets must be leashed at all times when outside the cottage. Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse & disposing of it in the red dumpster onsite. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time, including beds. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. Pet must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage may be charged to guest. Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors. Pet will not be left unattended at any time, either indoors or out. Owner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises. Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the property. ANY VIOLATIONS OF THE PET POLICIES WILL RESULT IN A $75 FEE PLUS ANY APPLICABLE DAMAGES OR EXTRA CLEANING.
7. Parking: Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Each cottage has one available parking spot beside the unit. Additional parking provided in front of the Post Office. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. Linens and bath towels are included in the unit. For extended stays over 1 week, fresh towels or fresh sheets can be requested by emailing email@example.com. We do not permit towels or linens to be removed from the units. We do not permit towel use for pets - please bring your own maintenance items for your pets - Our rural area can be dusty and muddy.
9. Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic systems. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to the cost of repair. We would contact you to discuss, if the issue arises.
10. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. Our property is located directly off State Highway 69, and no gravel roads are required to access our property. We do not refund due to road conditions, and it is extremely rare that the highways would be impassible or closed during winter months. Major routes directly to our property from all major epicenters of Colorado are well maintained.
11. Damages to Premises: Should guest, or guest's invitees, cause any damages to the premises, or contents thereof, that require repair or replacement, guest authorizes owner to automatically charge the guests credit card for all damages. All damages must be reported to the owner before check-out and upon vacating, any missing or damaged property or inventory will be charged to Guest's credit card in the amounts required to conduct the necessary repairs, or if necessary to replace the missing items at full replacement value.
12. AMENITIES: Please do not remove ANY items from the cottages upon your departure. Everything in the cottage is provided for your use during your stay, but not as a take-home souvenir. This includes, but is not limited to, all bathroom provisions, house manual, kitchen provisions, maps/instruction guides, towels, bedding, furniture, fixtures, electronics, etc. If items are missing upon your departure, we will automatically charge your credit card the replacement cost of the item. Thank you for understanding. This policy allows us to continue to offer you superior lodging at a reasonable cost.
13. CAMPING: Absolutely no camping of any kind is allowed on our property. This policy is inclusive of paying guests of the cottages or any additional persons. This includes, but is not limited to: car camping, tent camping, RV camping, Trailer camping. Parking an RV or Trailer on our property is not allowed.
14. Quiet Hour begins at 10:00pm and ends at 8:00am. Thank you for contributing to the tranquility of our property for all guests.