Bungalow Bay Koala Village offers an island experience in the hear of the Great Barrier Reef with easy access from Townsville by fast cat ferry, offering 14 services daily + vehicle ferry to explore the island with your car.
The village offers social spaces in an outdoor environment with comfortable and unique bungalow accommodation to make for a memorable experience. Our friendly island based team are here to help you explore the island and visit the best spots the locals enjoy.
The village facilities include:
Open air deck bar serving coffee, pizzas and drinks menu overlooking the large resort pool - open daily from 7am till late
Open plan social spaces with free wifi, bean bags and hammocks to rejuvenate
Large resort pool
On site wildlife park offering educational tours with our local rangers - Wrap a python around you, meet shadow the red tailed black cockatoo, Harry the wombat and many more with small intimate group sizes. Departing daily from reception at 10:30am and 12:30 see bungalowbay.com.au to book your tour before arrival.
On site laundry (fee)
Communal kitchen for guests with gas cooking, microwave, kettles and toasters + 2 door fridge. BBQ's located on the beachfront at Horseshoe Bay beachfront a 4 minute walk.
Property Name: Bungalow Bay - Koala Village
Address 1: 26-40 Horseshoe Bay Rd
City : Magnetic Island - Queensland
Postal Code : 4819
Contact Name: Brett Flemming
Phone: 07 47785577
- Automated teller (ATM)
- Laundry service
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
- Swimming pool
- Pool Table
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 2:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Cancellation Policy for refunds on accommodation taken directly by Bungalow Bay Koala Village
- Cancel up to 48 hours before day of arrival for a full refund
- Cancel within 48 hours of arrival, the first nights accommodation will be charged and remaining balance will be refunded to you by credit card that the reservation was made with.
Non-Refundable Reservations through bungalowbay.com.au
- No refund given for total amount of booking value
- No change of date allowed for this booking
If a reservation was made through a third party travel agent contact will be made to specify terms and conditions, Bungalow Bay reserves the right to have 48 hours to make contact with the third party.
Terms and Conditions
- We believe the children are our future, but you still have to be 18 years old to book into all accommodation types unless with a parent
- Is it really you? A valid photo ID is required upon check-in
- All requests made via direct telephone to reserve a room must include the first and last name of all adults occupying the room and a valid credit card that will be charged over the phone to guarantee a reservation
- Our room rates are always awesome, and they are subject to change
- All room rates are GST inclusive
- Group trips are fun! When booking, keep maximum occupancy rules in mind- two people max per room (Queen or Twin room) and number of people shown with room type in share accommodation with multiple beds. Family Bungalow price is set for 2 Adults and up to four children between 0 and 15 years of age only.
- Maximum 7 night stay for accommodation at Bungalow Bay Koala Village
- The entire property is a licensed venue, pre brought alcohol is not allowed and may be stored for you and collected on check out. The venue provides a licensed bar from 10am to close with all liquor license laws abided by for a comfortable stay and fellow guests a comfortable night sleep.
- The property has as a courtesy to other guests with a "NO NOISE POLICY" after 10pm around the accommodation and camp site, failure to comply will result in a forefit of your accommodation pre payment.
- Bungalow Bay management reserves all rights as per the "inn keepers act" for the comfort and safety of our clientele.