Welcome to Isla Roots.
A unique island experience, located amidst the San Bernardo Islands off
Colombia’s beautiful Caribbean Coast. Our comfortable Hostel offers
spacey air conditioned dorms and private rooms, as well as hammocks for
those on a budget. Chill out on our private beach sipping ice cold
cocktails from our Bar or tuck into one of our 3 freshly prepared meals,
usually the mornings catch! There is plenty of cool communal areas to
hang out, eat all together and soak up sun and spectacular surroundings,
always with good tunes in the background and good vibes all round. Get
to us by boat only, either from Cartagena, or hop on one from Tolu or Rincon del Mar.
Property Name: ISLA ROOTS
Address 1: Isla Tintipan
Address 2 : Archipielago de San Bernardo
City : Cartagena - Bolivar
Postal Code : 130019
Contact Name: JESICA MARIN
- Gift shop
- Laundry service
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Once the reservation has been set in the system, the total value of the payment must be made within 72 hours to ensure the booking.
Full refund for cancellations, no show or reductions in numbers made within 48 hours from the time of booking, if there are at least 14 days left until the arrival date.
50% refund for cancellations, no show or reductions in numbers made at least 14 days before arrival.
Cancellations, no shows or reductions in numbers made within thirteen (13) days prior to arrival are not refundable.
Terms and Conditions
To fully enjoy our paradise ECO-HOSTEL, keep these points in mind:
- The entry of minors into the facilities is not allowed.
- On the island the fresh water is like a treasure, that's why the showers are available only from 6pm to 10pm.
- Our energy depends directly on the sun and there is only electricity in the rooms when it´s down (from 6pm to 6am).
- We like to disconnect to connect with others and nature, that's why we do not have wifi service. If you need urgent communication, our administrators will be happy to help you.
- Bring enough money with you, because we do not have ATMs in the islands. Credit card and paypal payments at the island have a 5% tax.
- We are in the tropics and the mosquitoes live here, we recommend you bring a good repellent so they don´t "bitter" your day.
- We love the party and we want you to have a good time, so there is usually music and some party.
- We have national beers and a whole day promo in cocktails, so please don´t bring any alcoholic beverages (the entry of alcoholic beverages is not allowed).
- If you truly hooked with our cocktails promo be aware, we reserve the right to sell tours / activities to people in a drunken state or in a harmful attitude. It is forbidden to enter the water at night and/or intoxicated state.
- At our island we reserved the right of admission.
- There are security boxes for your precious belongings, so we are not responsible for loss of objects that are left unattended in common áreas.
- We are an eco-hostel on an island, remember that our accommodations are basic but confortabe, and all the bathrooms are shared ones.
- Our island is part of the Corales del Rosario and San Bernardo National Park, therefore, no action that threatens the natural integrity of the environment is allowed. The hostel refrains from responding for damages caused by marine fauna in cases of irresponsibility of the guests.
- We are committed to safeguard the flora, fauna and cultural heritage of the country and will denounce all cases of trafficking.
- Isla Roots Hostel rejects all cases of sexual explotation, pornography, sexual tourism and all forms of sexual abuse involving minors