Welcome to The Deck House. The Deck House is the ultimate choice for couple accommodation in Wye River, and arguably The Great Ocean Road. Perched above the tranquil waters of Wye, The Deck House boasts the most exhilarating uninterrupted views along the entire South West Victorian coastline. As much an experience as it is a place to rest your head, guests are treated to a combination of natural wonder, modern amenities, romance and above all, privacy. The property is a zoned open plan allowing for a subtle separation of dining, lounge and sleeping quarters. With the exception of the en suite bathroom, no internal space is spared from the jaw dropping views. Facing due North offers the sun all day and protection from the prevailing winter winds. Glass balustrading and cozy log fire secure the Deck House as a destination for all seasons. A recent upgrade (2020) has boosted features including a brand new sunken deck, a free standing ocean view bath and a private walking track to the beach.
Property Name: The Deck House Wye River
Street Address: 5 Sturt Crt
City : Wye River - Victoria
Postal Code : 3234
Contact Name: Rachael Maalouf
- Air conditioning
- BBQ facilities
- Beach chairs / loungers
- Contactless check-in / check-out
- Couples only
- Express check-in / check-out
- Fire extinguishers
- First aid kits
- Guest parking
- Honeymoon / bridal suite
- No Children Allowed
- Non-smoking rooms
- Outdoor furniture
- Private check-in / check-out
- Smoke alarms
- Smoke-free property
- Sun deck
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Property and Cancelation Policies :
Terms and Conditions
1. Payment of deposit or total fee for your booking indicates acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. All card payments incur a 1.5%surcharge. No American Express.
2. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: No more than 2 persons can occupy the said premises at anytime, this applies to day visitors and children as well, unless otherwise approved by your HOST. Any occupancy over the indicated capacity may result in eviction and forfeiture of amounts paid. We strongly recommend NO children on the property.
3. PETS: No pets/animals of any kind are allowed onto the grounds of the property, nor inside the premises under any circumstances.Any pets found will result in termination of your booking and forfeiture of all monies as well as added cleaning fees which will be debited from the security deposit. Any approval of Pets such as emotional support or service animals is required in writing by the HOST.
4. PARKING: Maximum number of cars GUEST’s party may bring is 1. There is designated parking labelled clearly for The Deck House. There are two houses on the property, do not park in The Top Deck car spots.
5. GUESTS may not engage in any illegal activity at the property. Smoking/ Vaping will only be done outside of the premises.Violations of this rule could lead to loss of security deposit or eviction from the property.
6. SECURITY DEPOSIT: is to protect the HOST against damages or additional cleaning charges. GUEST must notify the host within 12 hours of arrival of any existing damage or may be held responsible for any cost involved in repair (to be taken from the security deposit). GUEST is responsible for leaving the property in the state in which found on arrival. All breakages or losses must be reported immediately to HOST. HOST will not pursue reimbursement for minor accidental damage or normal wear and tear, but the total cost of making good of any other damage or loss to the property,garden or contents will be charged for using the security deposit. HOST has the legal right to pursue reimbursement by reasonable means including small claims court or police report.
7. MINIMUM RENTAL AGE: GUEST must be 21 years of age or older at the time of reservation. This will be verified with a state or government issued photo ID submitted within 24 hours of booking. The party who is on the contract must occupy the subject property for the full duration of the rental lease. Any exceptions to this must be in writing by the HOST. In the case that this contract is executed, and evidence later shows the minimum age requirement was not met, then the reservation will be considered cancelled by the GUEST and the cancellation policy will be in effect.
8. CHECK IN & OUT: Check-in is from 3pm and Checkout is by 10am. Whilst HOST is more than happy to provide early Check-in and late Check-out where possible, this can only be confirmed at the last minute as it is dependent on other bookings at the time. Failure to adhere to those procedures could result in the incurring of additional costs.
9. CLEANLINESS: GUEST is expected to treat The Deck House with respect, bearing in mind it is an individual’s home and not a hotel room. As is the case with most rentals you are required to leave the rental clean, neat and in an orderly condition to allow our cleaners to provide a thorough clean in their very short window between guests. The HOST must be notified within 24 hours of arrival if unhappy with conditions upon arrival. Cleaning services on your departure are included in your rates. GUESTS are expected to leave the property in a neat and tidy state without the need for extensive, excessive cleaning. GUESTS are responsible for all cleaning charges in the event that the property is left in a state that requires more than reasonable cleaning. This will be charged for using the left security deposit. A checklist of Guest Responsibilities is provided at the property; we ask that all guests follow these guidelines to ensure refund of security deposit.
10. GUEST will agree to any other reasonable Guest Responsibilities which may be made available to GUEST at the property.
11. GUEST should not wait until departure before raising any matter of concern as no inspection can be carried out while other guests are occupying the property. The HOST welcomes hearing from guests in relation to any concerns and prefer that GUESTS phone or email immediately so that matters can be resolved quickly.
12. GUEST occupation of the property may be terminated by HOST without notice in the event that GUESTS breach any material term or condition or in the event that any amount due is not paid.
13. WATER: The Wye River/Separation Creek area is not connected to mains water. All water is collected off the roof and into water tanks. As the HOST is totally reliant on this supply of tank water, please be mindful of water usage during stay.
14. The Deck House is on a septic tank system. This system treats grey and black water generated by the house which can then be safely used for gardening. GUEST co-operation is vital in the continued running of this system.
GUEST must: Place sanitary napkins, tampons, tissues, wipes, cotton buds, condoms, and other like materials in the bins provided – DO NOT flush anything but toilet paper down the toilet (even if it says flushable).Foreign matter will block the system and will lead to pump and whole system breakdown, and a backup of sewerage into the house. The GUEST is responsible to inform all individuals in their party to use septic safe tissue, and no other items will be flushed in the toilet even if it says "flushable". Any damage caused by GUEST to the septic or sewer system will be the full responsibility of the GUEST.
15. CANCELLATIONS: If GUESTS cancel the reservation 61+ days prior to arrival, the initial deposit (minus $200 administrative fee) will be refunded. Any cancellations within 60 days prior to arrival, the full amount will be retained. No refund of the 50% security deposit will be given. However,GUEST will be given the opportunity to re-book a stay of equal or more value ata future date approved by the HOST. The HOST will attempt to re-rent the unitimmediately upon notification and if the premises is re-rented for the sameperiod and same rental amount, there will be a full refund. If it is re-rentedfor a lesser amount, the difference between this lease rent and the lesserre-rent shall not be refunded. We highly recommend the purchase of travelinsurance to cover any issues.
16. POWER OUTAGES: The HOST cannot be held responsible for failure or interruption to power or other services to the property for reasons beyond the HOST’s control and will not offer any refunds for such. Note that the property is in a National Park and it is not uncommon to have interruptions to power.
17. LOCK OUT: In the case that the GUESTS lock themselves out of the house, lose the keys or fail to return them, the charge is $50. We recommend that you always keep the keys in the provided lock box to avoid losing them.
18. SECURITY: GUEST must keep property locked and secured. The property has exterior security cameras installed for the safety and protection of guests and property. These may not be tampered with or disabled. If this occurs, GUESTS will be evicted immediately. If requested, the HOST upon arrival can show the location of the cameras. Lock box,keypad or gate code is not to be shared outside of GUEST’S party.
19. GUESTS will remember to take personal property and belongings with them upon departure, as the HOST accepts no responsibility for any lost items.
20. The place of law is Victoria and the courts of Victoria have exclusive jurisdiction.
21. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: If your booking was made under false pretense, including, but not limited to, a falsified name, age, or size of party, you will be subject to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all amounts paid. There is an exterior camera that may be used upon the HOST’s discretion to verify the size of your group.
22. INTERNET & LIABILITIES: An illegal or abusive Internet usage is not allowed.In particular, it is not allowed:
a. To send information and data of a commercial nature and/or for marketing purposes to third parties without requested to do so (spamming)
b. to use peer-to-peer networks if uploading or downloading of copyright-protected intellectual property with or without the knowledge of the owner is intended;
c. to spread and distribute illegal or immoral content and data; and/or
d. to use applications which could destroy or change the physical or logical structure of the HOST equipment or network. In case of non-compliance with the above obligations, or in case of any other illegal action, the GUEST shall be liable for damages. The GUEST indemnifies and holds harmless the HOST from any third-party claims on first demand and in case HOST settles any damages itself for avoiding further damages to compensate the HOST for all damages incurred, (including costs of legal advice and defense). The HOST does not guarantee WiFi speed or that their WiFi will be compatible with all of GUEST’S devices or software (including but not inclusive of VPN networks), is not responsible for any damages GUEST sustain while using Internet access with their own Internet devices. The GUEST must have their own spyware/virus protection or data security, etc.
23. The GUESTS agree to indemnify, defend and hold the HOST of the property harmless for any liabilities from loss or theft of personal belongings or property, any personal injury contributed by accident,allergic reactions, illnesses or any other casualties or health problems,including viruses. Safety precautions undertakenby HOST are not foolproof, and GUEST shall hold HOST harmless from all claimsto person or property arising out of the use and occupancy of the premises.
24. The HOST is not liable for any indirect,incidental, special and/or consequential damage or loss of profits which result from use of the property and services provided to you.
25. GUEST may not lease or sub-lease, nor permit any other person to occupy the premises except with prior approval of the HOST. By making payment of the total fee, GUEST will have an exclusive license to occupy the property for the days specified when booking (but not possession).
26. INTENT OF THIS LEASE: The rental of these premises is for vacation or recreational purposes only and the GUEST understands this unit is not available for long term, primary or permanent residency. The GUEST certifies that they reside at the address provided on this agreement as their primary place of residence.
27. LINEN/SUPPLIES: All linen is provided by the HOST. GUEST is responsible not to stain or damage bedding or linens provided. We understand accidents happen, but if any item is damaged, GUEST is financially responsible for a replacement of the damaged item. Please note, that the sheets we use only come in sets and to replace a single sheet, a set will be purchased.
28. The HOST has a strict NO party policy. The premises may not be used for parties, receptions,weddings, gatherings or any type of function which would cause abnormal wear and tear or mess, or exceed the maximum number of occupants specified in this lease. Evidence of these activities will result in a fine, eviction and/or loss of security deposit.
29. GUESTS are expected to behave in a manner that does not cause distress to neighbours or interfere in any way with their right to enjoy their properties. The HOST reserves the right to remove GUESTS who do not adhere to this code of behaviour. In these cases, no refund will be due,and HOST will not be responsible for finding alternate accommodation, nor will be responsible for any other associated costs.
30. NOISE/ NUISANCE: Additional charges or immediate termination may apply in the event of unnecessary or excessive noise,nuisance or disturbance caused to neighbouring properties during occupancy. Please be respectful to neighbours and keep noise to an appropriate level. Noise levels must be inaudible from neighbouring properties between 10pm and 8 amSun-Thur, and between 11pm and 9am Fri-Sat. Parties &/or functions are strictly not permitted.
31. SIGHT UNSEEN: The HOST has presented the home in online advertisements in a way to present the home and its amenities in as accurate away as possible. The GUEST agrees they are renting said property sight unseen,and that they do so at their own risk. Due to the nature of a vacation rental with other guests using the home; despite every effort to maintain the home,the HOST cannot guarantee that the photos are 100% accurate to how the cleaners will present it or that there won't be signs of wear and tear.
32. COMMERCIAL FILMING / PHOTOGRAPHY: No filming or photography is permitted for the purposes of commercial distribution or profit without permission from HOST. This agreement is for recreational purposes only. Photos shared on social media must include a tag or credit of the rental property or owner. Our Instagram handle is: The_Deckhouse.
33. FIREPLACE : Do not pick up wood laying around as it is not properly dried out and sap could cause mini explosions. GUEST will keep the protective screen closed at all times especially when in use. Firewood, kindling, and firelighters are supplied from May 1st– December 1st.
34. GUEST will find adequate information regarding fire safety in properties. HOST will stay in close contact with you during any times of risk and advise guests to follow official recommendations provided by the CFA. In the event that the property needs to be evacuated, GUESTS will be refunded for any nights where they are unable to stay at the property due to evacuation.
35. HOST is happy to discuss and consider any special requests/ matters of concern with the GUEST.