The Camp at Kalu Yala is an experimental hospitality program in partnership with the village of Kalu Yala and the Kalu Yala Research Institute. We are comfortable camping with full-service hotel amenities and staff, but we don't call it luxury camping or "glamping". Our eco-village is being developed using best practices in environmental engineering and what we like most about tropical living. Your stay at The Camp at Kalu Yala is a rare chance to visit a modern jungle frontier settlement set in a food forest and built on a former cow pastue. Our decisions are driven by the research of passionate students and some of the world's top design professionals for the hot, humid tropics. We are located in the Tres Brazos River Valley of San Martin, Panama, at the intersection of the springwater fed Rio Pacora and Rio Iguana, and adjacent to the Chagres National Park. The property is difficult to access due to the mud road over the mountain and through the river, but is only 40 miles driving (roughly 1.5 hours) from Panama City and 25 miles (roughly 1 hour) from Tocumen International Airport.
Property Name: The Camp at Kalu Yala
Address 1: 001 Ave San Martin
Address 2 : El Valle Tres Brazos de San Martin
City : Panama City - Panama
Postal Code : 0801
Contact Name: James Stice
- Baggage storage
- Gift shop
- Meeting rooms
- Swimming pool
- Welcome drink
- Springwater Fed Pools
- Hiking Trails
- Tour Desk
- Art Studio
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies:
Check-In: 10:00 AM
Check-Out: 12:00 PM
Late Check-out Hour: 3:00 PM
Late Check-out Fees: 0%
Late check-out (after 12:00 PM and before 3:00 PM) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Full Charge - Full Stay - If canceled within 1 days of arrival
No Charge - If canceled within 30 days of arrival
Terms and Conditions
2. Reservations within 24 Hours - All reservations within 24 hours require a deposit or payment in full to assure your room will be held.
3. Parking - Parking at Kalu Yala Basecamp (https://goo.gl/maps/raK4sMrzrdnmBAQS8) is Free & Secure
4. Shuttle from Kalu Yala Basecamp to Kalu Yala - Kalu Yala Basecamp is our house located in the 500 person village of San Miguel where the asphalt ends. Guests need to pay a $20 per guest 4x4 Transport Fee to our transportation contractors to be brought over the mountain and across the river on the rough dirt road that leads into our beautiful valley and brings you to Kalu Yala. Otherwise, guests are welcome to hike and we will pick up their luggage free of charge: https://www.alltrails.com/trail/panama/panama-city/san-miguel-to-kalu-yala-hike
5. Meals - As a remote destination, Kalu Yala does not offer a communal kitchen or refridgeration space to guests due to our limited power capacity from our 100% solar powered camp. We do try to keep our meals priced affordably at $7 per person per meal, with animal protein, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options available. We do require every guest to buy a 3-meal package for every night of their stay, but invite coolers with snacks and supplements free of charge for bringing additional food. We also sell snacks at our bar.
6. Alcohol - While guests are welcome to bring food in addition to the meal plan, we charge a $10 per guest per night corking fee for guests to bring their own alcohol.
7. Pets - Kalu Yala is pet friendly, but may require a damage deposit or nightly fee. We request that you bring an animal carrier for the 4x4 transport and crating of your dog if need be and to please keep your pet on a leash in common areas as a courtesy to other guests and animals on the property.
8. Bathrooms - Kalu Yala is a comfortable to luxury jungle camp of 575 acres with 21 private rooms and beds for up to 64 people. We provide modern flush toilets, springwater hot showers, all located in communcal facilities that we keep miticulously clean. Only our Luxury Cottage has it's own private, attached full bathroom with sink, toilet, tub and outdoor garden shower.
Once again, If you need to make changes or require assistance please call +507-6673-8170 or email us at Reservations@kaluyala.com. We look forward to your stay.
Thank you for your reservation!
The Camp at Kalu Yala