The Historic Smithton Inn is a Lancaster PA Bed and Breakfast. The owners offer guest a combination of historic charm, luxury amenities, state of the art tech and outstanding customer service for the ultimate getaway experience.
Property Name: Historic Smithton Inn
Address 1: 900 W. Main Street
City : Ephrata - Pennsylvania
Postal Code : 17522
Contact Name: Rebecca Gallagher
Phone: 1 717-733-6094
- Gift shop
- On-Site Wine Bar
- Access to Ephrata Recreation Center (Indoor pool and fitness center)
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 4:00 PM
Check-Out: 6:00 PM
Late Check-Out Hour: 12:00 PM
Late Check-out Fees: $ 0.00
Late check out (after 6:00 PM and before 12:00 PM) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Cancellations & No ShowsBecause of our small size, cancellations and no shows affect us significantly. Once we reserve a room for you, it is YOURS and we turn away all other requests for that room. For this reason, cancellations must be made fourteen (14) days prior to the date of arrival to avoid forfeiture of your deposit, three (3) days prior to avoid the full payment for the reservation. This is a strict policy. If it concerns you, please consider purchasing our OPTONAL CANCELLATION WAIVER at checkout to protect yourself from unforeseen circumstances, which may require last-minute cancellation of your trip. Please let us know as soon as possible if you need to cancel your reservation. We will actively attempt to re-book your room and will refund your deposit, less a $15/room cancellation processing fee, based on the amount of time to your arrival date:
- Cancellations made 15 days or more before your arrival date will have their deposit refunded, less a $15 (per room) cancellation fee.
- Cancellations made 3 – 14 days prior to arrival, forfeit their deposit, unless we are able to re-rent the room(s) for the entire reservation.
- Within 3 days of arrival date, guests are responsible for full payment of their reservation, unless we are able to re-rent the room(s) for the entire reservation.
- If a guest does not arrive and honor their reservation or contact us to cancel (aka – No Show), they will be charged for the full amount of their reservation.
- There are no refunds for early departure (unless we are able to re-rent the room).
Terms and Conditions
- Room rates are based upon two occupants.
- Additional occupancy is $25 per person/night.
- We charge a deposit of 50% of your room rate to hold your room for you. We require a credit card to confirm and book the reservation. The remaining balance is due upon arrival.
- For your final balance, we accept cash, check, travelers check, Visa, Master Card, Discover.and American Express
- Our regular check-in time is between 4:00 – 6:00 pm. We do, however, allow early or late arrivals by prior arrangement. Check out is at 11:00 am.
- During our busy season (May – October) and on holiday weekends, we require a 2-night minimum stay on weekends. We will allow a 1-night stay if a weekend night ends up “stranded” (when someone books Saturday & Sunday nights, Friday will end up available), so call us to see if that option is open for you.
- Taxes: PA Sales tax is 6.0% and Lancaster County Excise Tax is 1.1%
Parking is limited to guests only, as we have only one parking space per room. Please let us know in advance if you will need parking for more than one vehicle and we will do our best to accommodate your cars or direct you to an overflow parking location.
The main building of our Bed and Breakfast is not appropriate for young children, as many of our guests are looking for a quiet getaway. Children over the age of twelve, with well-behaved parents, are welcome in the main house (Guest Rooms 1 – 6), and younger children are allowed in Guest Suite 7, the Tailor’s Cottage or the Smithton Guest House. Please note: we do not provide a special children’s menu at breakfast
We LOVE pets and have one of our own, a wonderful dog named Bella who lives in our private quarters. For guests, pets are only allowed in the Tailor’s Cottage or Smithton Guest House WITH PRIOR APPROVAL. Click here to see our full policy.
The Historic Smithon Inn is not only our business, it's also our home and we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. We are not responsible for accidents or injury, damages to personal property or vehicles, or for the loss of money or valuables of any kind.
Items left behind at the inn can be sent to you via mail at your request. The cost of shipping + a $5 handling and packaging fee (rounded to the next whole dollar) will be billed to your credit card. After 3 months, any unclaimed items will be donated to our local Good Will.