We're on Byron Bay’s famous Lawson Street, less than a 5-minute stroll from the main beach. Cumbebin Swamp Nature Reserve is a 20-minute walk away. If you're getting in by bus at Byron Bay Terminal, we'll pick you up in our free shuttle. There's also a public bus that takes about two hours from Byron Bay Gateway Airport to the Jonson St at Carlyle St stop, a 7-minute walk from the hostel.
If you're not having a splash in our outdoor swimming pool, there's plenty at Aquarius Backpackers Byron Bay to keep you entertained – at no extra cost! We've got everything from free nightly dinners to boogie board rentals. If it's a Sunday, swing by our free barbecue, then ride out your food coma in a hammock out on the sun deck. There's also free entertainment (hello, jelly wrestling!), and we'll hook you up with discounts, plus nightclub passes to keep the party going off-site – yep, also complimentary. We think you've got it – there are a lot of freebies! We're a generous bunch!
We've got big mixed and female-only dorms with en-suites. There are private rooms too, from simple budget options to luxe motel-style spa suites! You'll have bedding included, plus a locker for your valuables and big bags if you're headed out for a blissful sunbathing session on the beach in the day. If you're low on cash, we have a convenient ATM on site.
*Enter promo code: FREEFOOD for an extra discount when you stay with us* T&C apply
Property Name: Aquarius Backpackers Resort
Address 1: 16 Lawson St
City : Byron Bay - New South Wales
Postal Code : 2481
Contact Name: Libby Aquarius
- Automated teller (ATM)
- Baggage storage
- Fax services
- Photo copying service
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
- Swimming pool
- Welcome Drink
- Pool Table
- Play Station
- Free Wifi in Bar
- Guest Laundry
- Body Board Hire
- 24 hr Reception
- Travel Desk
- Communal Kitchen
- Pool Bar
- Free Dinner **
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 2:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
**A strict no cancellation policy applies to Easter weekend, Splendour in the grass weekend, public holidays and between 24th of December to the 10th of January. The credit card used for the booking will be charged in full for any cancellations.
Please note, that over the Peak periods (Christmas/New Year, Easter & Splendour in the Grass)
- There is a 3 night minimum stay
- Payment of bookings to be made 6 weeks prior to stated peak period events and full payment at time of booking thereafter.
- NON refundable or changeable reservation
- There will be no check ins or check outs on Christmas or New Year’s Day as reception will be closed
Terms and Conditions
1. Please note as a fully licensed venue we cannot facilitate children or any persons less than 18 years of age in any of our accommodation options.
2. All Rooms require valid photo identification ie. Passport or a valid driving license . We have a no drinking/party rule in place for the dorm rooms, failure to comply may result in eviction.
3. The person making the reservation and the hostel guest checking in must be over 18 years. To eliminate booking fraud, the hotel guest will need to produce photo identification to ensure their identity matches the guest named in the booking. The guest may also need to provide the hotel the credit card at check in for reference.
4. If you wish to change or cancel your booking you must Contact Us via email. We cannot guarantee that changes can be made.* Changes can be made (subject to availability) but must be confirmed 72 prior to stay.
5. Aquarius management has the right to refuse checking in any person that is intoxicated, abusive or fails to meet any of the above conditions.