We're on Byron Bay’s famous Lawson Street, less than a 5-minute stroll from the main beach. Cumbebin Swamp Nature Reserve is a 20-minute walk away. If you're getting in by bus at Byron Bay Terminal, we'll pick you up in our free shuttle. There's also a public bus that takes about two hours from Byron Bay Gateway Airport to the Jonson St at Carlyle St stop, a 7-minute walk from the hostel.
If you're not having a splash in our outdoor swimming pool, there's plenty at Aquarius Backpackers Byron Bay to keep you entertained – at no extra cost! We've got everything from free nightly dinners to boogie board rentals. If it's a Sunday, swing by our free barbecue, then ride out your food coma in a hammock out on the sun deck. There's also free entertainment (hello, jelly wrestling!), and we'll hook you up with discounts, plus nightclub passes to keep the party going off-site – yep, also complimentary. We think you've got it – there are a lot of freebies! We're a generous bunch!
We've got big mixed and female-only dorms with en-suites. There are private rooms too, from simple budget options to luxe motel-style spa suites! You'll have bedding included, plus a locker for your valuables and big bags if you're headed out for a blissful sunbathing session on the beach in the day. If you're low on cash, we have a convenient ATM on site.
Property Name: Aquarius Backpackers Resort
Address 1: 16 Lawson St
City : Byron Bay - New South Wales
Postal Code : 2481
Contact Name: Libby Aquarius
- Automated teller (ATM)
- Baggage storage
- Fax services
- Photo copying service
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
- Swimming pool
- Welcome Drink
- Pool Table
- Play Station
- Free Wifi in Bar
- Guest Laundry
- Body Board Hire
- 24 hr Reception
- Travel Desk
- Communal Kitchen
- Pool Bar
- Free Dinner **
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 2:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Late Check-Out Hour: 12:00 PM
Late Check-out Fees: $ 30.00
Late check out (after 10:00 AM and before 12:00 PM) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
For any cancellations made less than 72 hours prior to the check-in date and time (2pm), all Spa Suite, F-rooms, Dorms, Backpacker Doubles & Twins - You will be charged in full with no cancellations.
If you fail to arrive, and haven't given 72 hours prior written notice as per our cancellation policy, you will be charged the full amount of your reservation.
If you wish to change or cancel your booking you must contact us in writing via email. Subject to availability, and must be confirmed 72 prior to stay.
**A strict no cancellation policy applies to Easter weekend, Splendour in the grass weekend, public holidays and between 24th of December to the 10th of January. The credit card used for the booking will be charged in full for any cancellations.
Please note, that over the Peak periods (Christmas/New Year, Easter & Splendour in the Grass)
- There is a 3 night minimum stay
- Payment of bookings to be made 6 weeks prior to stated peak period events and full payment at time of booking thereafter.
- NON refundable or changeable reservation
- There will be no check ins or check outs on Christmas or New Year’s Day as reception will be closed
Terms and Conditions
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in and in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, travel itinerary and other relevant information.
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are currently in effect at this property.
Food & beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).As a result of Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property has temporarily suspended the Free dinners (meals).
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff.
Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property has reduced reception and service operating hours. Therefore, please inform Aquarius Backpackers Resort in advance of your expected arrival time in your booking or by contacting the property directly.
SCHOOLIES 2020 - WE DO NOT TAKE DIRECT BOOKINGS FOR SCHOOLIES. IF YOU WISH TO BOOK, PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org OR 1300 49 59 69. LIMITED AVAILABILITY, SO PLEASE ENSURE YOU BOOK EARLY.
1. Please note: as a fully licensed venue, we cannot accommodate any persons under the age of 18 within any of our accommodation facilities.
2. All Rooms require valid photo identification i.e. a valid passport or a driving license upon check-in. Expired passports / licences or licences which have been clipped, will not be accepted. 3. We have a no drinking policy in our dorms, backpacker doubles and twin rooms. Failure to comply may result in eviction without refund.
3. The person making the reservation and the hostel guest checking in, must both be over 18 years. To eliminate booking fraud, the hotel guest will need to produce photo identification to ensure their identity matches the guest named in the booking. The guest may also need to provide the hotel with the credit card at check-in for reference.
4. ALL guests must provide a valid credit card upon check-in as part of the payment process. These details will be held securely until check-out. Any damages to the room or Aquarius property will be charged in full to the designated credit card (as per cost of damage caused).
5. ALL group bookings of more than 8 people must pay a security bond per full room booked. Please refer to our group bookings terms and conditions when contacting our Aquarius directly.
6. A $50 fee for excessive cleaning will be billed to the designated credit card upon check-out, if Spa Suites, F-rooms, Backpacker Twins or Doubles are left in an unsatisfactory state.
7. A late payment fee will apply if you do not check-out of your room at the designated time (10am).
8. For private rooms, late check-out is available (subject to availability and upon request, and only once confirmed by Aquarius) for F-rooms and Spa Suites only, fora nominal fee. The extension times and costs will be confirmed by Aquarius.
9. Key Policy: A lost key will incur a fee of $20, so please keep it safe. **Please note- if your room key is lost within a group booking, it may be charged to the person who made the original booking.
9. Aquarius Management has the right to refuse checking in any person that is intoxicated, abusive or fails to meet any of the above conditions and house policies.
10. Aquarius Management has the right to evict without refund, any person who is abusive towards staff or other guests, any person that causes destruction to Aquarius property, or fails to comply with stipulated house rules, will be evicted without refund.