Sherman Inn is a luxurious bed & breakfast that once served as one of the region's oldest elementary schools. The Inn's distinctive style, combined with its unique sense of North Country history, creates an unforgettable experience consistently exceeding expectations. With spacious guest suites, superb service, and an excellent breakfast, Sherman Inn is an ideal place to stay for any occasion. Discover a side of historic Ogdensburg, NY as you've never seen it before while enjoying a luxurious stay that you'll always remember.
Sherman Inn's common areas include:
- Galley kitchen with refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, and microwave
- Downstairs parlor for relaxation, featuring several sitting areas, dining table, and piano
- First floor library including breakfast area, sitting area with TV, board games, eclectic selection of books featuring Ogdensburg, NY history, yearbooks, and some local family scrapbooks
Property Name: Sherman Inn
Address 1: 615 Franklin St
City : Ogdensburg - New York
Postal Code : 13669
Contact Name: Donna Reagen
Phone: (315) 713-4672
- Shared galley kitchen
- Relaxation parlor
- Free onsite parking
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies :
Full Charge - Full Stay - If cancelled within 14 days of arrival
Terms and Conditions
- No pets
- No smoking / No vaping
- No essential oils
- $200 cleaning fee for pets, smoking, vaping or essential oils in rooms
- We are a smoke/vape free and open flame free environment. Smoking/vaping is permitted in the yard or parking lot.
- Strong essential oils are not to be used (including the use of diffusers) for those other guests sensitive to smells.
- Guests are responsible for missing items from the room and will be charged for full replacement value.
- Guests are responsible for damage done in the room and will be charged full restoration cost plus any lost revenue from being unable to rent the room. Strong or foul smells are considered damage.
- Any guest under the age of 18 cannot occupy a room without a parent or guardian.
- Sorry, no pets of any kind are allowed at the Sherman Inn unless required by law.
- Check-in time is between 3:00 PM and 9:00 PM
- Early or late check-ins available if prearranged and approved
- Check-out time is by 11 AM
- Late check-out may be available if prearranged and approved
- Two night minimum stays may be required on certain days (college/university major events, US and CA national holidays). If you are able to book online for one night, then it is acceptable. If you have questions, please call us.
- Your Payment, Cancellation and Modification Policies are determined by the Rate Plan you choose. If you reserved through a 3rd Party Booking Agent, they own the reservation and their Terms and Conditions apply.
The following payment policy is observed:
- A valid credit card is required to hold the room(s).
- Cards that require a PIN are NOT accepted.
The following cancellation policy is strictly observed:
- Requests 14 days prior to the arrival date are accepted without penalty.
- Cancellations within 14 days prior to the arrival date are charged 100% of the total price to the payment method on file and the room night(s) are immediately released for rebooking.
- No shows are charged the total price to the payment method on file. and the room night(s) are held open for you should you show.
- Cancellations and modifications made by you are not considered confirmed until you receive confirmation by us either via telephone, email or text.
The following reservation modification policy is strictly observed:
- Adding room nights are allowed without a fee.
- Removing room nights are considered a cancellation for the removed room nights and follows the Cancellation Policy for the total price of the removed room nights.
Our system is set up to communicate by email regarding your reservation. Please make sure firstname.lastname@example.org is added to your address book/safe list/approved sender for your email application to ensure proper delivery. We send occasional newsletters to keep you up to date about the Sherman inn, area events and things to do in the North Country and southern Ontario but we’ll happily remove you from our list if you email us or call.
- For each reservation, you should expect to receive the following:
- Confirmation Email - Immediately after the reservation is made. If you do not receive this, the reservation has not be completed or it has been caught up in your SPAM/JUNK folder.
- Reminder Email - 14 days prior to your arrival. This will remind you of your upcoming stay.
- Welcome Email - 3 days prior to your arrival. This will provide you with helpful information.
- Thank You Email - 1 day after your checkout date. This will ask you to share your experience.
- We try to communicate by email, but if we fail to hear back from you, we may attempt to send you a text message to the number on file
- What PII is collected.
- How PII is used.
- How we market.
- With whom PII may be shared.
- How PII is secured.
- How long is PII stored.
- How you can request changes or removal of PII.
- We collect PII that you voluntarily give us through this website, email or other direct contact. This typically includes: Guest Names, Addresses, Phone Numbers, Email Addresses, Dietary Restrictions, Payment Data and any other Reservation Notes you provide us.
- While on the property, we record video (not sound) of non-intrusive guest common areas.
- When you book through a third-party, the information you provide the third-party is shared with us so that the reservation can be made in our system.
- We make use of website analytic tools that collect data related to your activity while on our website. This data is anonymized to protect your privacy.
- PII is strictly used for reservation purposes.
- Video collected on the property is used for security purposes.
- Data collected by the website analytics tools are strictly used to help us make business decisions regarding our website and generalized marketing strategy.
- We make use of generalized marketing techniques.
- We recommend that you follow us on social media if you want to know what is going on at Sherman Inn.
- We do not sell or rent PII to anyone. As our reservation system, CloudBeds, they have access to our data and backups.
- Upon valid request by law enforcement or governmental agencies, we will share as minimal PII required to fulfill their request.
- Our website uses SSL technology (https) to encrypt transferred data. Access to credit card information is given only to those employees requiring it to collect payment.
- All other PII is stored in a secure fashion and accessible to only those employees requiring the information to do their job.
- CloudBeds servers are secured and the personal data protected within their technology environment.
- Credit card information is automatically removed a couple of days after your checkout date.
- All other PII is stored indefinitely. This allows us to reduce the time for future reservations.
- Video collected on the property is removed based on the system's data storage capacity.
- You may call us at 315-713-4672 to request changes or removal of PII.
- It may not be possible to change or remove some or all PII as we must be able to fulfill legal requirements for tax purposes.
- Requests for changes or removal of PII would be done in the current system and not on any backup devices. Backup devices are set to retain data for a reasonable period of time before being deleted. Backup devices are only used to restore data in the case of a critical data lose at which point your PII may once again appear in our system. We will make a reasonable effort to change or modify your PII from restored data.